Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheEagle View Post
Thanks for clearing that up.
Gonna put the money i saved on this year's ticket by so i can pay the extra for the next few seasons if I like it there.
Yeah, I think your saving will be eaten up in about two seasons.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 15-05-2019, 01:30 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheEagle View Post
Booked my new seat today. 1st row of block N in the Upper Holmesdale (apologies in advance to those who will sit next to me).
Very sad to be leaving my seat in the back row of Block E after 21 seasons but hopefully I will like it in my new seat.
Be nice to see the big screen again especially with VAR coming in.

When i went on site at 11am there seemed to be a lot of single seats dotted around lower H'dale and i saw 3 together in block C, which is where i looked at as my other option.

Best of luck to everyone in their search.
That’s a great seat, more or less in line with the six yard box. I have had a season ticket in row 3 of the gallery block N since the last promotion season.
Old 15-05-2019, 02:57 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I couldn't sit in the gallery for the same reasons that I'm not allowed an aisle seat; I'd end up on the pitch trying to remonstrate with the inept officials at least twice a game.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:02 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I couldn't sit in the gallery for the same reasons that I'm not allowed an aisle seat; I'd end up on the pitch trying to remonstrate with the inept officials at least twice a game.
It would take a big jump mate.
Old 15-05-2019, 06:13 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I'd land like a cat & be on an immediate collision course with officialdom.
Old 15-05-2019, 06:20 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I used to have a season ticket in the gallery years ago and it’s probably the best seat in the house, including sitting in the middle on both the Arthur and main stand IMHO. You do pay a premium for it though.
Old 15-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I'd land like a cat & be on an immediate collision course with officialdom.
C%#ts always land on their feet.....sorry I mean cats.
Old 16-05-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
C%#ts always land on their feet....
No they don't. See wcb and the main stand stairs for reference.
Old 16-05-2019, 04:59 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
We got some seats in the main stand today. Not ideal but it's probably where the yoot/yobs think we belong, without ever having met us, sigh.

Come on you Glaziers!!
Old 17-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Block E Still, Main Stand

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
We got some seats in the main stand today. Not ideal but it's probably where the yoot/yobs think we belong, without ever having met us, sigh.

Come on you Glaziers!!
And even better, like me, 2020-21 season you can pay back more money than you saved for next season!! (Based on Lower Holmesdale prices!)
Old 17-05-2019, 09:41 AM

mrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr259 View Post
And even better, like me, 2020-21 season you can pay back more money than you saved for next season!! (Based on Lower Holmesdale prices!)
What are the 2020-21 prices?
Old 17-05-2019, 09:56 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs eagle View Post
What are the 2020-21 prices?
Obviously he is basing it on this year's prices. At the early bird rates from this season, a ticket in the Glaziers is £140 more than in the lower tier. So the saving he has made by having a half price ticket will be quickly eaten up if he renews in the Old Stand compared with if he'd been able to keep his seat in Block E.

Which is why all this people saying that the compensation is generous are wrong.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 17-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Obviously he is basing it on this year's prices. At the early bird rates from this season, a ticket in the Glaziers is £140 more than in the lower tier. So the saving he has made by having a half price ticket will be quickly eaten up if he renews in the Old Stand compared with if he'd been able to keep his seat in Block E.

Which is why all this people saying that the compensation is generous are wrong.
It is all relative as the price in the Main stand is meant to reflect the better catering / bar / facilities in that stand.

Those who have got the Upper Holmesdale have arguably done very well as they have better seats, better view and £250.

I suspect the last tranch will be the ones who can justifiably feel agrieved if they get the AW.
Old 17-05-2019, 10:31 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
There are quite a few non renewals every year, there is every possibility those in seats they are unhappy with or that cost more next season will find a place back in the Holmesdale after next season.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 17-05-2019, 10:36 AM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
There are quite a few non renewals every year, there is every possibility those in seats they are unhappy with or that cost more next season will find a place back in the Holmesdale after next season.
I agree with you. I believe many will want to be away from block e.
Old 17-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
It is all relative as the price in the Main stand is meant to reflect the better catering / bar / facilities in that stand.

Those who have got the Upper Holmesdale have arguably done very well as they have better seats, better view and £250.

I suspect the last tranch will be the ones who can justifiably feel agrieved if they get the AW.
As I've said before, the pricing differentials around the ground are bizarre. The Lower Holmesdale is by far the best value, taking into account view and facilities.

I've got the Upper Holmesdale and I'm pretty happy. My saving this season, compared with if I'd been able to renew my seat, is £225. That's very good for one season, undoubtedly; but it will only take three seasons (at current prices) in the Upper Tier to cancel that saving compared with if I'd been able to stay in the Lower Tier. (And yes, I might be able to move back to the Lower Tier next season, but it's unlikely I'd get four seats together in as good a location as our previous one in Block E.)

Old 17-05-2019, 10:48 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
(And yes, I might be able to move back to the Lower Tier next season, but it's unlikely I'd get four seats together in as good a location as our previous one in Block E.)
We will probably be relegated within the next 3 seasons so no probs there
Old 17-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Block E Still, Main Stand

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post

So I am going to better catering / bar / facilities, I tried the area for the cup matches, yes there is a nice lounge and bar behind the stand, but unless you leave your seat 5 minutes before the end of the 1st half forget getting a drink or going for a piss if you want to be back in your seat for the start of the 2nd half, even then you're pushing it! The bar is not large enough, and there are nowhere near enough toilets, in fact in a strange reversal the ladies toilets are the only ones without a queue!!

I also still think my view in block E is far superior to my new view!

So why is this so much more expensive than the lower Holmesdale??
Old 17-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
So I am going to better catering / bar / facilities, I tried the area for the cup matches, yes there is a nice lounge and bar behind the stand, but unless you leave your seat 5 minutes before the end of the 1st half forget getting a drink or going for a piss if you want to be back in your seat for the start of the 2nd half, even then you're pushing it! The bar is not large enough, and there are nowhere near enough toilets, in fact in a strange reversal the ladies toilets are the only ones without a queue!!

I also still think my view in block E is far superior to my new view!

On a similar note, the toilets in the Upper Tier are far more cramped than those in the Lower Tier; the food queues (on the basis of the Cup games) are slower; and the one big advantage - the Red and Blue Bar - is accessible pre and post match from the Lower Tier anyway.

As for the view, personally I do like the Upper Tier view. But it is a long way from the action (if not Newcastle-esque) and feels more remote from it. I know some of the E400 looked at the Upper Tier but felt it was too high.

I re-iterate, I am happy with my new seats, but I still think all things considered the back of Blocks E and F are pretty much the best seats in the ground.

Old 17-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

It's a side on view - lets face it, you never see a game on tv where the main camera angle is behind the goal do you?

At Palace, the difference in quality between the Arthur Wait experience and the Main Stand is quite marked, and I don't just mean about the sun in their eyes...

...and your block (E) is as close as you can get to the halfway line in 'normal' (general admission) seats.

Basically Palace know that all the time the club is in the Prem, those seats will sell, even at £700+ because there are always people willing to pay more to be there
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013