Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:26 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
To be fair it would have been too complex to have been put together in the season ticket renewal timeframe.

I can remember a problem with phasing for the Wembley Final where I could have bought in phase one but needed to wait to phase 3 so I could sit with my brother.

Imagine if that was going on at the same time we were all getting a bit desperate about our plight in the bottom 3.

What we don't know is whether this 'finished' version was ready to go earlier.

A commitment to introduce this for next season in the expectation that safe standing will be allowed would be the best outcome, and having due regard to the sightlines of any fans who are either side of the 'singing' block/s.
80000 Play off final tickets are sold in the space of a week. I am convinced a system could have been put in place when renewals started in February in time for a new season in August. Apparently the brochure was finished over a year ago - we can either choose to believe that or not.

I’m not sure why our league position should have a bearing on a season ticket purchase? Do you mean people wanted to wait to see what division we were in or that they were too sick with worry to complete a 10 minute online purchase?
Old 04-09-2018, 11:32 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I am not surprised it is beyond you when you describe the club statement as a 'bitchy mess'.

Such a shame that this whole thing has the potential to set fan against club.

I am sure that is not the HF's intention, but their disappointment that things have not panned out as they hoped has perhaps not made them see clearly that the club has tried to get the thing up and running, but have stalled in implementation because of the reaction from some.

However hopefully it will come about at some point.
Stirling, whilst I agree there is little point having a dig at the club over this, their communication has been appalling. The email to season ticket holders could (they had the bro hire before Feb 2028) and should have contained details of the proposed changes and a PDF of the brochure.

If enough people were against it they could have scrapped it or put it on hold and made changes to it. At least people would have known precisely what they were objecting to.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:33 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
100% behind this. But then again this doesn’t affect my seat so I would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II
Old 04-09-2018, 11:36 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
80000 Play off final tickets are sold in the space of a week. I am convinced a system could have been put in place when renewals started in February in time for a new season in August. Apparently the brochure was finished over a year ago - we can either choose to believe that or not.

Iím not sure why our league position should have a bearing on a season ticket purchase? Do you mean people wanted to wait to see what division we were in or that they were too sick with worry to complete a 10 minute online purchase?
No. most fans would have just wanted to renew their existing tickets without the hassle of deciding where they should sit this season. It would have all kicked off just as it has now.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 04-09-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
No. most fans would have just wanted to renew their existing tickets without the hassle of deciding where they should sit this season. It would have all kicked off just as it has now.
They may have wanted that, but the changes would have meant they would have to give it a little more thought. Like you have to when buying a Wembley ticket. Some would have been up in arms about it, many very excited. No proposal would be hassle free. It won't be when the new stand is built, it wasn’t when the holmesdale was built and it won’t be when rail seats are installed.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:49 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
"botched 'consultation' "
To be honest the club deserve that for years of under performance and taking fans for granted. If they had gone about this in a more thorough, professional way it could've been resolved a lot better than it has. This is why people like Phil Alexander, Sharon Lacey etc need to step up to the plate and communicate with the fans, the senior employees can't keep leaving everything to Parish to sort out.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:51 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
I even remember the stadium manager being a bit of a tosser when fans were volunteering to help do the ground up in the darker days.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:53 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Stirling, whilst I agree there is little point having a dig at the club over this, their communication has been appalling. The email to season ticket holders could (they had the bro hire before Feb 2028) and should have contained details of the proposed changes and a PDF of the brochure.

If enough people were against it they could have scrapped it or put it on hold and made changes to it. At least people would have known precisely what they were objecting to.
You may have a point, I really don't know. Was the leak of the plans and the objections that were made before or after Emails were sent out?

Had the brochure been finally approved by the club or was it just a draft?
Old 05-09-2018, 12:23 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
The trouble such a section will have is a lack of options to move out of when people grow out of it. The kop suffers the same problem. People get old but don’t want to stop going and they don’t want to pay for more expensive seats or cannot find places elsewhere to move to.

The same happens with the family stands. Plenty of people still in them that don’t move out when they are no longer with kids etc. For similar reasons.

Sold out grounds are hard to reshuffle whilst there are plenty that would move and plenty of fans that would move in but that’s near on impossible to manage on an ongoing basis. So in some ways the strength of the ultra group being in a less popular viewing area is because it is just that and people keen can generally get in close to them as and when they want.

Safe standing will be allocated so still won’t fix it.
Same with council houses - sitting tenants start voting Tory, don’t want to move and spoil it for the youngsters
Old 05-09-2018, 12:38 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Gotta happen. So exciting.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:40 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
It sounds great but it is ultimately the same as we all knew. The hf want to move people out of the central blocks for a section for them and a wider singing section. I guess it could be argued itís for the greater good but they are ultimately moving people out of better seats. There will be some that donít really want to sit in the corner. The club probably should have done it but also the hf shouldnít have flounced when it didnít get done this time through fear of unfairly treating those in there already..
Come on! This would be massive for Palace. This is about the future. We have to progress. We can't just stand still
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 AM

Looks like this material was probably prepared and ready to go months ago...
Old 05-09-2018, 04:33 AM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
this time next year Rodney...

Old 05-09-2018, 04:59 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Booya!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:07 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They manage this all over Europe so no reason it should not be done at Palace. Kudos to the HF for actually being visionary!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:46 AM
Maybe Itís Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
I think this thread needs a poll. Seeing as it will mainly affect the middle 3 blocks the options should be something like

I am a Season Ticket Holder in C/D/E and I am for this idea.
I am a Season Ticket Holder elsewhere and I am for this idea.
I am a Season Ticket Holder in C/D/E and I am against this idea.
I am a Season Ticket Holder elsewhere and I am against this idea.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:50 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So how does this solve the current problem?
Crystal Ball 'Who The F**k Knows 2018/2019

Vote Moo moo2
Old 05-09-2018, 06:01 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Does anyone know, when was this first presented to the club?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whilst I have some sympathy for those who like to sit quietly and watch the football (strange concept) from positions that afford a great view, block E (before it became block E) was always the singing area on the old Holmesdale terraces. I was mortified when the stand was completed and I realised that my beloved singing area had become something of a library.

However, things move on and I had to accept this.

Things have moved on again now and it's time to accept it again. It's time for the HF to migrate to the middle of the Holmesdale and create the atmosphere that we (nearly) all dream of.

I'm in. And anyone who thinks that being in my late fifties is too old for this kind of malarkey can do one!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy Chicken View Post
So how does this solve the current problem?
It doesn't. Quite clearly it's too late for this season, However it makes it clear what the HF are asking for as to how they believe that the club's support can move forward. Which in turn puts the metaphorical ball back onto the club to plan and organise things for next season either with or without the HF. The current reality is that we need them to keep & develop our home support to which it is famous for so Parish & Co. Would be foolish to ignore them but also what a significant section of our support also wants.