Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:22 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Well done to the HF for putting out this statement.

I've only skimmed it, so may have missed things, but I think there are still questions to be answered - in particular how to cater for LH fans who don't want to be part of this. I'd also like to know which seats the HF themselves plan to occupy. But at least, finally, someone has tried to put some flesh on what is being proposed.

In my opinion, the club should work with the HF to fill the gaps in the proposal and make this the basis for a proper consultation with fans, with a view (but not a cast iron guarantee) of implementing from next season.

In the meantime, the HF should stop playing silly buggers ( ) and return to Block B for the next home match.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Have you seen the brochure SteveK or just the statement? HF have done most of the prep for the club (ridiculous it comes to this TBH), plenty of info to consider.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 05-09-2018, 06:32 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
The woman who sits behind us shouting 'SIT DAAAAAN' all game will be gutted with this development.
Sure its not Scott Dann ?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:33 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Have you seen the brochure SteveK or just the statement? HF have done most of the prep for the club (ridiculous it comes to this TBH), plenty of info to consider.
Yes. As I say, just skimmed, but I don't think it answers all the questions. But I agree, the club should have been doing this.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:26 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Yes. As I say, just skimmed, but I don't think it answers all the questions. But I agree, the club should have been doing this.
Seemingly the hf produced a wonderful brochure and piece of communication (over a year ago I believe) and delivered it to the club on a plate.

A passionate call to arms and exciting blueprint for the future. A proposal that would reignite the atmosphere and propel it to a level never previously seen, allowing some families and friends to sit together who are currently sitting apart, whilst minimising the impact on those who currently sit behind the goal (of course there will be some affect - that’s progress - it will happen if and when rail seats are introduced - it will happen the the new stand is built and it happens when clubs build a brand new stadium) - they can either stay where they are (or a very similar seat) or move close by if they don’t want to be in the centre of the noise. (Work will need to be done to ensure that those wishing to sit get a good view past the standers)

I’m unsure why CPFC did not release details of this proposal together with a pdf of the vocal section brochure (or simply announce it as what was going to happen) when they emailed me and other lower holmesdale season ticket holders telling us we couldn’t renew? It would have avoided so much unnecessary confusion, speculation and anger that seats were simply being ‘taken away’ from long term season ticket holders and swapped with hf seats in an ‘inferior’ location.

This is now water under the bridge. The proposal is now in the public domain and would seem to have the backing of the majority. I believe the club should push forward and make this happen ASAP.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:40 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
I think this thread needs a poll. Seeing as it will mainly affect the middle 3 blocks the options should be something like

I am a Season Ticket Holder in C/D/E and I am for this idea.
I am a Season Ticket Holder elsewhere and I am for this idea.
I am a Season Ticket Holder in C/D/E and I am against this idea.
I am a Season Ticket Holder elsewhere and I am against this idea.
Better that the club does a survey of all LH season ticket holders to gauge the level of support. And D, E and F are the central blocks.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 05-09-2018, 07:42 AM

aaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
"botched 'consultation' "
This is actually generous to the club since they didn't consult the fans or even announce the proposal.

But I agree nobody should be attacking the club. What's done is done, we need to think about the future not the past.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:46 AM
This or twitter...

M_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is a mod going to edit and insert a poll?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:47 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Better that the club does a survey of all LH season ticket holders to gauge the level of support. And D, E and F are the central blocks.
Should have done this as soon as they held discussions with the HF. That's if that brochure had been produced at that point. The club must have been in agreement somewhat else they would not have held back LH season ticket renewals. So around February an email could have been sent out to all in the LH and a poll taken with 60% in favour needed to get it through. Probably would have taken half a morning for someone in admin to do.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I've only skimmed it, so may have missed things, but...
Why would anyone post an opinion without bothering to read the material?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:52 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Seemingly the hf produced a wonderful brochure and piece of communication (over a year ago I believe) and delivered it to the club on a plate
If this was the case presumably the club had some reservations.

It is for the club to respond.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:

I've only skimmed it, so may have missed things, but I think there are still questions to be answered - in particular how to cater for LH fans who don't want to be part of this. I'd also like to know which seats the HF themselves plan to occupy. But at least, finally, someone has tried to put some flesh on what is being proposed.

In my opinion, the club should work with the HF to fill the gaps in the proposal and make this the basis for a proper consultation with fans, with a view (but not a cast iron guarantee) of implementing from next season.

In the meantime, the HF should stop playing silly buggers ( ) and return to Block B for the next home match.
Perhaps you should fully read it before attempting to pick holes?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
He may have skimmed it but he did ask all the right questions

Old 05-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't think all the seats should be reset. Existing season ticket holders should be able to stay in the same seats but if they don't want to join in they will be aware that everyone around them will be standing and singing.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
I didn't say I hadn't read it, I said I'd read it quickly so was apologising in advance in case I'd missed something. Have you anything worthwhile to add, or are you just sniping?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
I don't think all the seats should be reset. Existing season ticket holders should be able to stay in the same seats but if they don't want to join in they will be aware that everyone around them will be standing and singing.
How does that work for those who are sitting in the seats the HF want?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:03 AM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
As someone that sits in the back row of B will I be given first dibs with these proposals ? I am up for the singing section for a few years at least. No biggie if I have to move .
Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Man about town

Marksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_CPFC View Post
Is a mod going to edit and insert a poll?
Why? The majority of people this effects aren't in this decrepit echo chamber.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
I’m unsure why CPFC did not release details of this proposal together with a pdf of the vocal section brochure (or simply announce it as what was going to happen) when they emailed me and other lower holmesdale season ticket holders telling us we couldn’t renew? It would have avoided so much unnecessary confusion, speculation and anger that seats were simply being ‘taken away’ from long term season ticket holders and swapped with hf seats in an ‘inferior’ location.
As you say, water under the bridge, but releasing this at the same time as the 'couldn't renew' email would have been too late - this needs to be properly consulted on well before season tickets go on sale.

And on your final point, nothing in this removes the concern that some fans (ie those who don't want to be in the singing section - because they don't want to or can't stand all game) will end up being moved out of their seats to an inferior location.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:07 AM

asus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This statement has clearly changed the landscape.

I'm seeing less negativity on the bbs and an overwhelming amount of positivity on twitter.

The difference is that this statement has vision and passion. People won't move because of a survey but they may do for something that excites them.