Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 18-01-2019, 09:06 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Fantastic player. If we are being hyper critical, teams will be looking at where they can improve him and how much value that will add to him. Below are some areas he would need to improve on to really become one of the premier leagues bests. Mad to think I am using that about an English player at my club! Currently, he probably wouldn't suit Liverpool as they require their fullbacks to be a key source of creative input due to a narrow 3, though he would add an extra dimension both defensively and offensively to Man Utd

1. Final ball - in a team like Palace he is required to defend first, however his final ball and chipping in with the odd goal would be expected. This can come through coaching and also playing in a team that puts him in the position to deliver x5 more times per game than we do.

2. Throw-ins - I told you I was being picky! His throw-ins are generally poor. This will come in experience. By poor, there is an art in throwing it to the teammates correct foot and the right pace.

As for the topic of sale, in terms of where we are as a club as fantastic as he is, a Right Back is replaceable. With this in mind, offers of 45m + with % sell on would be hard to turn down.

Last edited by aj4england; 18-01-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 18-01-2019, 09:12 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lets be honest there is so much OTT comments being made about his value also being the best RB in the Country etc etc, when what in effect is a young player with less than 6 months premiership experience. So in fairness still learning and far from being the finished article as we have seen a few times when losing concentration when tracking back and losing his man into getting away, but that only improves from experience.
I am a big admirer of his and have sung his praises since his very early days but take a realistic view as ideally he needs another season at a club like ourselves to improve his game and Then step up, in fairness NONE of this hype comes from our management or from AWB, so just needs to be treated for what it is unfounded rumours.
Old 18-01-2019, 09:52 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Lets be honest there is so much OTT comments being made about his value also being the best RB in the Country etc etc, when what in effect is a young player with less than 6 months premiership experience. So in fairness still learning and far from being the finished article as we have seen a few times when losing concentration when tracking back and losing his man into getting away, but that only improves from experience.
I am a big admirer of his and have sung his praises since his very early days but take a realistic view as ideally he needs another season at a club like ourselves to improve his game and Then step up, in fairness NONE of this hype comes from our management or from AWB, so just needs to be treated for what it is unfounded rumours.
Even without rose-tinted glasses on, I disagree. All footballers make errors and even the perceived best currently Van Djik had a stinker at home vs Spurs last year.

Yes he can improve, but that shows how good he currently is if he is getting all of these plaudits with just 12 months experience. For his development he needs games but that is the traditional English throw away comment. Pep and Klopp this season have proved how they can improve individual English players such as Gomez, TAA, even Milner, Sterling more so than "just playing games"
Old 18-01-2019, 10:36 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lets be honest there is so much OTT comments being made about his value also being the best RB in the Country etc etc
Im confused did you want to be honest or blind?
Old 18-01-2019, 12:19 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Even without rose-tinted glasses on, I disagree. All footballers make errors and even the perceived best currently Van Djik had a stinker at home vs Spurs last year.

Yes he can improve, but that shows how good he currently is if he is getting all of these plaudits with just 12 months experience. For his development he needs games but that is the traditional English throw away comment. Pep and Klopp this season have proved how they can improve individual English players such as Gomez, TAA, even Milner, Sterling more so than "just playing games"
What is there to disagree about? as i said i am a big fan of his undoubted ability and a star in the making, but simply commenting about the ott comments of some suggesting he is the Best RB in the country, also being worth up to 90m seriously? ofcourse every player makes mistakes but i was highlighting areas he could improve on and that only when he gains experience will improve that. He is not ready to move up just yet and as i said another season with us will sharpen up his game and make him a far more confident player.
Think of Wilf when moving at the wrong time and to a big club when not quite ready and the harm it did to his game.
Old 18-01-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Im confused did you want to be honest or blind?
Can i suggest you firstly read carefully what was said.
Old 18-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It isn't OTT, is Trent Alexander-Arnold much better than AWB? Is Kyle Walker? What do you think Trent Alexander-Arnold would cost Madrid or Barca if they came in for him? AWB is probably the best young right back in the world along with TAA and has already proven he will be a top class right back for the next 10 years. If Kyle Walker is worth 50m as a 27 year old then AWB at 21 is worth substantially more.
Old 18-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
At least when he demands a new contract he has at least earned it.
Old 18-01-2019, 01:08 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Id take giroud, Ruben, Hudson-Odoi and 30m

Otherwise no thanks. Hes one of our own
Old 18-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Im sure I remember seeing he played as a forward/striker for England at one point
Nope, I think it was against England haha!
Old 18-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lets be honest there is so much OTT comments being made about his value also being the best RB in the Country etc etc, when what in effect is a young player with less than 6 months premiership experience.
He's been playing for the first team since February.
Old 18-01-2019, 03:30 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
Nope, I think it was against England haha!
There is a very strong chance this is correct
Old 18-01-2019, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
The first 100m footballer. Nothing less.

(Unless there has already been a 100m footballer. In which case the first 1bn footballer. And not a penny less).
Neymar was almost 200m wasn't he, so 1bn it is!
Old 18-01-2019, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprkorngod View Post
Is it too much to ask that before he leaves... that the club have identified and bought a decent replacement? (Not to get fleeced in the same window getting a new RB)

And that the money will be used to invest in prospects with re-sale value rather than squandered like Saints did when they sold youth products.

We already have his replacement lined up I think. Young man called Joel Ward.
Old 18-01-2019, 08:17 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Fantastic player. If we are being hyper critical, teams will be looking at where they can improve him and how much value that will add to him. Below are some areas he would need to improve on to really become one of the premier leagues bests. Mad to think I am using that about an English player at my club! Currently, he probably wouldn't suit Liverpool as they require their fullbacks to be a key source of creative input due to a narrow 3, though he would add an extra dimension both defensively and offensively to Man Utd

1. Final ball - in a team like Palace he is required to defend first, however his final ball and chipping in with the odd goal would be expected. This can come through coaching and also playing in a team that puts him in the position to deliver x5 more times per game than we do.

2. Throw-ins - I told you I was being picky! His throw-ins are generally poor. This will come in experience. By poor, there is an art in throwing it to the teammates correct foot and the right pace.

As for the topic of sale, in terms of where we are as a club as fantastic as he is, a Right Back is replaceable. With this in mind, offers of 45m + with % sell on would be hard to turn down.
With the rate at which he is developing, it is no exaggeration to state AWB will likely be a world class RB soon. He is already at that level defensively if not in forward play. Given his age, I'd be disappointed if we didn't get 80M. I believe AWB's potential is ultimately greater than Wilf's so such figures are not outlandish, IMHO.
Old 19-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
At least when he demands a new contract he has at least earned it.
At least.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Selling him could part pay for a stand for the club ....

Though keeping him for another year, let him develop, add another 10m on.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 19-01-2019, 09:59 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
With the rate at which he is developing, it is no exaggeration to state AWB will likely be a world class RB soon. He is already at that level defensively if not in forward play. Given his age, I'd be disappointed if we didn't get 80M. I believe AWB's potential is ultimately greater than Wilf's so such figures are not outlandish, IMHO.
Whilst I agree he is outstanding he is nowhere near world class.... yet.

His positioning is still not great and is talked through games by tomkins. His pace gets him out of trouble on occasions, and understandably he makes some
Odd decisions passing etc because he is young. Hes played 20 odd first team games.. no chance we would get anywhere near 40m let alone 80m.

No way we should sell him, and I dont think we will, he is an outstanding talent.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:09 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
We need to add to the likes of Zaha and AWB to build a squad. There should simply be no reason to tout them around for vast sums. Give him a new contact, he deserves it.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
The first 100m footballer. Nothing less.

(Unless there has already been a 100m footballer. In which case the first 1bn footballer. And not a penny less).