Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-10-2008, 02:04 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't believe I haven't already, but skimming through this thread I couldn't see a mention for Chez Bruce on Wandsworth Common. Consistently good over the years and a wonderful place to lunch. South London's finest (IMVHO) and somewhere we should be proud of.
Old 29-10-2008, 03:29 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI Eagle
Probably cheaper to eat in a restaurant at the minute.

I went in to Waitrose to buy the day's food on Sunday and came out 45 lighter.
Should have gone to Iceland/Chavsda etc. etc.

SaulAlinsky
Old 29-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI Eagle
My current favourite restaurant is Randall & Aubin, Soho.

I also like to visit The Ivy once a year for my birthday, simple food in a lovely art-deco setting. A pre-theatre booking to avoid the chance of eating anywhere near a celebrity (let's hope they all go to Cipriani now) is best.

While I'm sure El Bulli is a great experience, I'm not sure if I could be bothered flying to Spain for a tasting menu. Why not go to the Fat Duck?

I'm sure virtually tens of the BBS' own budding Giles Corens will now explain why.

We should resurrect the potential for a BBS dining club. Not Bullingdon style though.
wanted to go to the Fat Duck before we fly out on honeymoon, but the bugger is shut after Christmas
Old 29-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger
I can't believe I haven't already, but skimming through this thread I couldn't see a mention for Chez Bruce on Wandsworth Common. Consistently good over the years and a wonderful place to lunch. South London's finest (IMVHO) and somewhere we should be proud of.
Agreed! It's a great place.
Old 29-10-2008, 04:07 PM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24
Agreed! It's a great place.
love to try there
Old 29-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Meant to go there when PP lived in Balham, but never got round to it Instead of going to the Fat Duck, we're now staying at The Vineyard in Newbury.I'd not heard of it, but it's got 2 michelin stars, so can't be too bad.
Old 29-10-2008, 04:11 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've deleted messages before but can't see how to do it this time!
Old 29-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
wanted to go to the Fat Duck before we fly out on honeymoon, but the bugger is shut after Christmas
Doubtful you would have got a table anyway.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 29-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Eep! Woot!

would have been happy to have tried his pub too..
.Never mind, some other time.
Old 29-10-2008, 04:37 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Have you tried Trinity in Clapham Old Town? Adam Byatt is the chef, won various awards, is a worthy competititor to Chez Bruce and is one of my favourites. Check out Giles Coren's review -
To view the link you have to Register or Login.
It's been emotional.

Bartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBartman is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Went to The Square again last night for my wife's birthday meal. In my opinion it really is the best fine dining in London.
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jookbeard
love to try there
Very reasonable, something like 25 for a 3 course lunch and 40 for dinner.
Old 29-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
would have been happy to have tried his pub too..
.Never mind, some other time.
Hinds Head is very nice, but probably a bit disappointing if you've made a long trip thinking it's going to blow your mind.
Old 29-10-2008, 04:40 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Eagle
Hinds Head is very nice, but probably a bit disappointing if you've made a long trip thinking it's going to blow your mind.
The triple cooked chips, bloody brilliant...
Old 29-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle
Yeah, so rich they gave me shakes after a bowlful though.
Old 29-10-2008, 05:07 PM
hey, its just an opinion

Quote:
Have you tried Trinity in Clapham Old Town? Adam Byatt is the chef, won various awards, is a worthy competititor to Chez Bruce and is one of my favourites. Check out Giles Coren's review -
To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Yes mate, its very good. I think I have recommended Trinity on threads before, but I think Chez Bruce just about edges it - its that little bit better practiced and therefore more polished.

As you're in Chiswick, have you tried Bruce Poole's venture in Kew? I think its called The Glass House, and is a very good addition to his stable.
Old 29-10-2008, 05:08 PM
hey, its just an opinion

Quote:
Very easy to make yourself too.
Old 29-10-2008, 05:13 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
As you're in Chiswick, have you tried Bruce Poole's venture in Kew? I think its called The Glass House, and is a very good addition to his stable.
I've not been there but I'm lunching at La Trompette (his other restaurant) on Saturday.
Old 29-10-2008, 05:16 PM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have done the Glasshouse - I thought it was fantastic food!
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
Old 29-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham and Penge
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well, I sort of hate to say this, but I think I'm about to go veggie. I'll miss the meat (not much, actually) but welcome the health.