Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:42 PM

newish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I've criticised him a lot but he put in a decent performance out of his favoured position today. Credit due.
Agreed, I thought he was really good in tough circumstances.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:44 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleye20 View Post
Quite a renewed 'baptism of fire' for Jairo.
Playing the team bottom of the league....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleye20 View Post
Was he playing left back? I don't know but whatever, he did well and is clearly a class player.
You ask what position he played, meaning you can't have watched him play, then say how clearly did well.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:50 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
I've not been his biggest fan but to be fair he done ok agaist a dangerous winger
Old 07-12-2019, 07:51 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Good distribution today.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:18 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
Its actually Centre Back but we've deemed him too small to play there
You can NEVER have enough centre backs.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:34 PM

moosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
I can see Riedewald nailing down the left back slot if PVA and Schlupp are out for any length of time. I've always felt he only needs a run in the side and he'll start to show what he can do. I'm not surprised he struggled in the under 23's, he was probably depressed playing at a level below what he knows he's capable of. It's now on him to show us what he's got, prime opportunity if PVA and Schlupp are both out next game.
You're not kidding.
Play a blinder against Brighton and become an instant legend.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:41 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
He did well, better than I expected.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post

I'm not saying 'dominant' football. But an incisive passing move isn't too much to ask for, is it? I agree this is the best defence I can ever remember at Palace but one of the 'best technical sides' we've had? Are we really comparing what we have now with the slick football we played with Cabaye and RLC in the team, along with a fit Sakho?
Yes, we are better at passing and ball retention now than we've been in a very, very long time.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
I don't think our thinking Jairo is too small is the reason we don't use him as a centreback. It's his near refusal to head the f'in ball.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
We are. Since about 1980, I reckon!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
I don't think our thinking Jairo is too small is the reason we don't use him as a centreback. It's his near refusal to head the f'in ball.
There was me thinking he did well with a couple of headed clearances today... I must have had a low expectation threshold!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:08 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Looks to be able to pass to his teammates which separates him from the rest of them...
TBH the few times I've seen him play, this part of his game has always stood out....that's what you have to do to have played for Ajax
Old 07-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Very good distribution with the ball, not so natural defensively.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
There was thinking he did well with a couple of headed clearances today... I must have had a low expectation threshold!
He did a couple but he also f***ed one up soon after coming on. Bit rusty I guess.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:20 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Good distribution today.
Out of place then.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:21 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
He did a couple but he also f***ed one up soon after coming on. Bit rusty I guess.
He made a number of errors which could have been punished by conceded goals, but weren't. His first defensive header was really poor, later were better. As it went on he was generally better. Hopefully his confidence holds out as long as he's needed for us.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:25 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Always wanted him to be a success here . However I didn't think he played well today in left back roll . He looked comfortable on ball when moving forward but really struggled against their wide player , not sure if he managed to block any crosses ? Think he looks better suited to midfield role , but he does seem to lack intensity in his play so not sure RH will play him there .
Old 07-12-2019, 09:35 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Now you mention it, I recall that now - there was an iffy back pass too. I would say fully excusable though... talk about getting thrown in the deep end.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Did better than we might have expected. We are very unlucky with these defensive injuries.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I think he did well in the circumstances but certainly nothing that makes me think he is a genuine option to play there regularly. Hopefully either PVA or Jeff will be back for the Brighton game.