Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Kit Obsessive User

NorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Eredivisie Gameweek 1 Results:

Roda JC Kerkrade 3-1 Heracles Almelo

Feyenoord Rotterdam 3-2 FC Utrecht

AZ Alkmaar 0-3 Ajax Amsterdam

Willem II Tilburg 1-1 Vitesse Arnhem

ADO Den Haag 2-2 PSV Eindhoven

sc Heerenveen 3-1 De Graafschap

FC Groningen 1-1 FC Twente Enschede

PEC Zwolle 2-2 SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden

NEC Nijmegen 1-0 SBV Excelsior Rotterdam
@KitConnorsseur on Twitter

Black Lives Matter

Last edited by NorthCurveEagle; 13-08-2015 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:13 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
ADO Den Haag's equaliser was a bit of a beauty.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 12-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
That Ajax Away kit I saw them wear at AZ the other day is a bit bright.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:05 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
ADO Den Haag's equaliser was a bit of a beauty.
Brilliant from the keeper

To view the link you have to Register or Login

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Brilliant from the keeper

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Wht the ****!
Old 13-08-2015, 12:46 AM
Kit Obsessive User

NorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
(Full updated results edited into earlier post)

Dirk Kuyt scores on his return to Feyenoord.

Ajax sail past AZ to take top spot.

PEC Zwolle throw away a 2 goal lead at home to SC Cambuur.

PSV stutter after a summer of change amd concede a stoppage time equaliser from ADO Den Haag 'keeper Martin Hansen.

New boys NEC and Roda get off to a winning start while fellow promoted side De Graafschap fall to a 3-1 defeat to the Frisian Countryclub.

In short. The Eredivisie is back.

Black Lives Matter
Old 08-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Kit Obsessive User

It's been a while but the most incredible finish to an Eredivisie season has just taken place.

Ajax needed a win away to 17th placed De Graafschap, to secure the title.
PSV, needed to win away to Zwolle.

Ajax draws 1-1 away to De Superboeren, while PSV wins 3-1.

Caps a remarkable collapse by Ajax, today and over the course of the season, and a second consecutive title for PSV.

PSV EINDHOVEN-KAMPIOEN VAN NEDERLAND.

Black Lives Matter
Old 08-05-2016, 05:31 PM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sounds like a great finish.

Could you highlight some of the most talented players that palace should be looking at on the transfer forum thread?
Old 08-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Kit Obsessive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlem68 View Post
Sounds like a great finish.

Could you highlight some of the most talented players that palace should be looking at on the transfer forum thread?
I'll have to have a think, a few definite standouts this year, none more so than Vincent Janssen of AZ.

Scored against England, I think, at Wembley, for Nederland.

Black Lives Matter
Old 09-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Groundhopper

WestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw Vincent Janssen score a hat trick for AZ against Zwolle in Mid April, they won 5-1. He looked a very decent player. Although IMO the Eredivisie is only of Championship standard. Also went to NEC Nijmegen v Cambuur, 2-1, loved this club/ground, in the woods. Really like Dutch and Belgium football.
Hop till you drop!
Old 03-08-2016, 05:35 PM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Booked a ticket for Ajax vs. PSV the week before Christmas, I'm well aware that it may well make The Firm look like an episode of Grange Hill so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for any trouble, but I've always wanted to see Ajax play and if I'm going to see them in Amsterdam, I want to see them play one of the big teams, not Go Ahead Eagles, Heerenveen or the like.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceNI : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've friends from Nijmegen and I'm going out in October for the derby with Vitesse, seems a very feisty fixture so one I'm definitely looking forward too!
Old 13-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Kit Obsessive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Booked a ticket for Ajax vs. PSV the week before Christmas, I'm well aware that it may well make The Firm look like an episode of Grange Hill so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for any trouble, but I've always wanted to see Ajax play and if I'm going to see them in Amsterdam, I want to see them play one of the big teams, not Go Ahead Eagles, Heerenveen or the like.
Trouble at Dutch games is often at the smaller games, as the 'Bubble Games' are heavily policed on all fronts to prevent fights.

De Topper is probably the second biggest football match in NL, behind only De Klassieker. You've picked a good'un to go to!

Black Lives Matter
Old 22-12-2016, 05:40 PM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Went to the Ajax/PSV game last weekend and enjoyed it, only trouble I ran into was a couple of pissed up old Ajax supporting wankers on the tram back into town who kept jumping around, shouting rubbish and barging into me (and other people on the tram) until I told them to go forth and multiply. Thankfully other people on the tram backed me up and it didn't descent into fisticuffs. I saw a few PSV fans lining up to get in the stadium but apart from that no sign of them (could hear them banging a drum upstairs but that was about it, seemed to be a distinct lack of singing)

The game was enjoyable enough but apart from Davy Klaassens goal early in the second half, which was top quality, and a few nice passes, it never really took off, there really is a big divide between the level of this team and the superstar teams of the 90s and 00s. I have to say I was impressed with both the stadium and the clubs professionalism, when I collected the ticket, was given a free scarf as a souvenir, and there was also a lack of queues at any of the facilities, and people inside could use free wi-fi. Having gone years of following Palace without being given anything for free, I thought it was a refreshing change to see a club (and a big one at that, to go against that old thing about small community clubs caring more than the big teams) giving something to supporters.

When I was back at a bar in Amsterdam afterwards, the Ajax supporters I spoke to seemed to think Ajax had thrown away the title with that result, but I still think the title is theirs to win - OK so they don't have anyone of a Kluivert or Van Basten level, but I didn't see anything from PSV at least to think that they are viable alternative to Ajax as champions.
Old 29-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Kit Obsessive User

Afternoon, chaps.

PSV won the league after beating Ajax a couple of weeks ago.

Feyenoord won the cup against AZ last week.

This afternoon’s results mean that FC Twente have been relegated to the Eerste Divisie.

Black Lives Matter
Old 28-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Kit Obsessive User

Well...

Feyenoord 6 (SIX) - 2 Ajax

Feyenoord's first league win over Ajax in seven years, Robin van Persie scoring 2 in his last league Klassieker.

The two meet again in Rotterdam in a month's time for the KNVB Beker semi-final.

Supposedly, the ban on away fans will be lifted for this fixture and Ajax are being allocated 10,000 tickets.

Black Lives Matter
Old 28-01-2019, 01:24 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle View Post
Well...

Feyenoord 6 (SIX) - 2 Ajax

Feyenoord's first league win over Ajax in seven years, Robin van Persie scoring 2 in his last league Klassieker.

The two meet again in Rotterdam in a month's time for the KNVB Beker semi-final.

Supposedly, the ban on away fans will be lifted for this fixture and Ajax are being allocated 10,000 tickets.
HA. Good luck policing that one.
Old 28-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Kit Obsessive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
HA. Good luck policing that one.
Could be messier than Boca-River last month...

Black Lives Matter
Old 07-06-2019, 01:55 AM
Kit Obsessive User

UEFA Nations League Semi-Final

Holland 3-1 England

Couldn't resist

Black Lives Matter
Old 07-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle View Post
UEFA Nations League Semi-Final

Holland 3-1 England

Couldn't resist
It was amusing to watch our best 'technicians' crumble under the slightest press. You can almost see the cogs turning. 'Oh my god I'm not allowed to boot it, oh my god I'm not allowed to boot it...where the **** is Declan? I know, I'll do a Cruyff turn because I'm much more clever and agile than this forw....oh".