Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 30-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Looks like as well as Palermo another former Serie A team from my youth Foggia have gone out of business and may have to restart in Serie D (or Lower!) next season. It is crazy what a graveyard Serie D is for former top flight clubs, next season could see Palermo vs Messia in Serie D, which was a Serie A Sicilian derby in 2004/05 and 2005/06.

In fact so crazy that Trapani will be the highest ranked club from Sicily in the Italian League pyramid next season in Serie B, a club whose stadium barely holds 7,000 and has an artificial pitch, oh and who have been struggling to pay their players for the last six months.

Then you have clubs like Ancona who were in Serie A again as recently as about 2006 I think who have just gone out of business completely.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 30-06-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 30-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Hi Riley,

I mainly used Football Italia as they update with most stuff although they don't always tend to go into great details so usually I follow their sources and some of the links have English formats too.

Football Italia:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Calciomercato usually comes up in English pretty good too:

And if you are sad and have a thing for Italian teams football kits this is quite a cool website to see when new kits get unveiled etc:

Thanks very much - used to follow a lot more closely but have lost touch in recent years. (Funnily enough, as they’ve been in the news for the wrong reasons recently, took a shine to Palermo, for a number of reasons, and have been to a game.)

Is the Football Italia site run by the people who used to make the magazine? I subscribed to that one, wish it was still published.
Old 30-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Thanks very much - used to follow a lot more closely but have lost touch in recent years. (Funnily enough, as they’ve been in the news for the wrong reasons recently, took a shine to Palermo, for a number of reasons, and have been to a game.)

Is the Football Italia site run by the people who used to make the magazine? I subscribed to that one, wish it was still published.
I think it is. Certainly has the same styling as the old magazine. The magazine before they stopped making it became Calcio Italia. I used to buy it every month, and it was a great shame when it all went digital and they stopped making it.

They also run a Football Espana website too now.

On FI earlier I notice they done a piece about where it has all gone wrong for Palermo, worth a read. Always been an Inter fan, but I took a liking to Palermo when they got promoted in 2004 mainly because of their Pink kit (which I owned at one point). Zamparini is an absolute disease in Italian football, the whole reason why Venezia have been ****ed for about the last 20 years is also due to that man and his financial misdeeds. Looks like Palermo will have to reform as they have virtually zero chance of winning an appeal.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 30-06-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 13-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Everyone in Serie A has now clicked and it looks as though all the teams are prepared to gang up on Juventus if they have to. Bloody marvellous!
Old 18-08-2019, 08:35 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
I see ITV are showing free coverage of La Liga these days. Hope somebody follows suit with an Italian football show.

Obviously what we all really want is the return of the old Football Italia show, along with James Richardson, but guess that’s out of the question!
Old 18-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Foreign football in the UK, well Spanish and Italian football anyway has been properly ballsed up, no idea why no one will commit to the rights.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Just saw highlights from Palermo's first game in Serie D. No idea what sort of squad they have but they won 0-1 against Marsala, but I am sort of miffed by the goal. The ball was played into the penalty area from deep and as the players from both teams challenged for the ball, someone from behind the goal threw another ball onto the pitch, and Palermo ended up scoring.

I think quite rightly the Marsala players were furious as that second ball on the pitch should have meant the game was stopped?
Old 05-09-2019, 08:34 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Just saw highlights from Palermo's first game in Serie D. No idea what sort of squad they have but they won 0-1 against Marsala, but I am sort of miffed by the goal. The ball was played into the penalty area from deep and as the players from both teams challenged for the ball, someone from behind the goal threw another ball onto the pitch, and Palermo ended up scoring.

I think quite rightly the Marsala players were furious as that second ball on the pitch should have meant the game was stopped?
$$$$
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-09-2019, 08:37 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
I see ITV are showing free coverage of La Liga these days. Hope somebody follows suit with an Italian football show.

Obviously what we all really want is the return of the old Football Italia show, along with James Richardson, but guess that’s out of the question!
I saw this season the Totally football podcast has a specifically European leagues one which looks like it may have replaced the Italian Football one they did. I am surprised no one has a European highlights show on a Sunday morning there must be demand for it.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-09-2019, 09:21 AM

V.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Freesports on freeview showed Serie A highlights on Tuesday night around 8pm.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Up the Palace!!!

It is quite exciting in Italy at the moment, even if Inter did balls up going top this weekend. One thing I read today though that will really **** me off if it happens is that allegedly Barcelona want to try and hijack Inter's deal for Stefano Sensi.

I had never even heard of this guy from Sassuolo until Inter wanted him, but man is he some player. He is top quality! Now Barca want him and are willing to let Intet have Rakitic who they have been after for ages in order to get him.

I would much rather have the younger and better Sensi to be honest, I really hope Conte puts his foot down on this, Barcelona are such dickheads. First Lautaro Martinez and now Sensi. Piss off and go chase Neymar for another 3 years.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:54 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
How do tv fixtures and stuff work in Italy? Me and my dad want to see a match at the San Siro while it’s still here, and we have our eyes on Inter vs Atalanta on Sunday the 12th of January. Is there any chance of it being moved?
Old 03-11-2019, 06:06 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
As Balotelli was walking off each and every other player should have gone with him, from both teams. The current “not walking off” decision is patently not working. And the immediate initial reaction of all the others players to seek to persuade him not to walk...they need to have a think.

Last edited by ChiswickEagle; 03-11-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:51 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
And no, his brilliant goal was not the perfect response. Not sure I have heard a racially abused player say that.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:41 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
How do tv fixtures and stuff work in Italy? Me and my dad want to see a match at the San Siro while it’s still here, and we have our eyes on Inter vs Atalanta on Sunday the 12th of January. Is there any chance of it being moved?
Looking at Livescore, they don't appear to have moved any games that weekend, yet, so it's possible that it won't stay at the currently advertised time.
Old 16-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Next season I hope to get to a Serie A game. Italy national team doing well, Mancini isn't a bad man manager so he is getting the best out of the new crop of youngsters coming through, 10 wins from 10 and a new Italy record. Also I believe 8 clean sheets.

He's also not a bad manager when he doesn't have billions to spend.
Old 16-11-2019, 10:47 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
I've got tickets for what will probably be their 2nd round game in the Euros at Wembley. I think there's going to be a buzz about them.
Old 16-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I've got tickets for what will probably be their 2nd round game in the Euros at Wembley. I think there's going to be a buzz about them.
I stuck £20 on them to win Euro 2020 earlier this year. All three first round games will be at the Olimpico in Rome.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Perfect 10 for the Azzurri then, absolutely smashed Armenia 9-1 last night. Mancini said he won't be experimenting before the Euros now, his squad will be made up of those who have played in the Qualifiers basically.

Looking to have a very competitive squad now, Keepers, Midfield and Attack is looking quite young only worry is the Defence. Not many quality young Defenders coming through.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:03 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Italian football has now been suspended until further notice.