Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old Today, 07:37 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
What do you mean by there were issues with Marx?
Old Today, 07:52 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Times leading with murmurs of a general election next year..

Boris looking to catch Corbyn on the hop

Would potentially mean, 6 years of Boris, where's that passport form?

Labour don't appear to be either ready or able to muster a significant challenge and if we do alas leave in October, then Brexit party voters may defect in favour of the conquering hero..

A truly nightmare scenario, but at 70, time for Corbyn to stand aside and a new user friendly person in charge
Old Today, 07:55 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
I have been aware of anti-semitism throughout my life. Obviously I was quite sensitised to it given most of my mother’s family were victims of the holocaust and she only just escaped Vienna herself before Kristallnacht.

At school I rarely made reference to my religion. Anti-semitism was ingrained but fairly low level. You were called Jewish if you were perceived to be stingy - people would also say ‘don’t be a Jew’ if you didn’t share stuff.

It wasn’t until I got to Essex University that I saw more extreme examples. All of it came from the left wing activists on what was a pretty radical campus in the 80s. Being Jewish was seen as being analogous to being a Zionist apologist. As everyone was pro-Palestinian and aligned to the PLO and other similar groups that made you the enemy. There was lots of intimidation and most Jewish students had no choice but to keep their heads down.

This view in the Labour Party has persisted to the current day. The Party has aligned itself to some pretty unpleasant people and organisations in the name of the pro-Palestinain movement. Many of those people/organisations are virulently anti-Semitic and have policies diametrically at odds with the Labour Party and yet are tolerated.

I would say most people in the Labour Party adopt an unquestioning pro-Palestinian and anti-Israel stance without having the slightest clue about the history and political context and are quite happy to align themselves to the most unpleasant people and organisations as part of that cause. There are some however who are certainly anti-Semitic themselves and the current Labour Party seems to be unable or unwilling to do much about it.

Last edited by stamford triumph; Today at 08:03 AM.
Old Today, 08:06 AM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Have Labour always hated jewish people or is this a modern thing? If so, anyone have an explanantion as to why this has developed.
No certainly not. Just look at war years. Labour if anything were urging Government to help Jews. It was right wingers who were anti Jew. Guess current Labour leadership support Palestinian cause and in a black and white world by definition they then have to be anti Israel, with Jews being a proxy for Israeli state. Pity that we do not live in black and white world
Old Today, 08:21 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Thank you Stamford. Fine post.
Old Today, 08:23 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
No certainly not. Just look at war years. Labour if anything were urging Government to help Jews. It was right wingers who were anti Jew. Guess current Labour leadership support Palestinian cause and in a black and white world by definition they then have to be anti Israel, with Jews being a proxy for Israeli state. Pity that we do not live in black and white world
True, though the far left and Communists always had a very virulent anti-Semitic streak, despite many being prominent figures.
Old Today, 08:26 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
So really in your view you are denying there is any actual anti semitism at all just a simple dislike for Israel for the palestinian problem by a very few ?

And thats where people are getting mixed up....

Glad thats been sorted could not have been better said from Corbyn himself.
Difficult to generalise like you seem to be asking due to lack of evidence at this point in time. Of course, it is possible that some just don't like Jews in the traditional antisemitic sense, but the Panarama programme seemed to focus on Zionism.

EDIT: See ST's post above, that helps a bit I think.

Last edited by SE25 exile; Today at 08:29 AM.
Old Today, 09:18 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
What do you mean by there were issues with Marx?
Look it up if you need to ask start maybe with On the Jewish Question. Yes there are different views and a strong argument he was not but conversely a strong argument he was. That's why I used the words I did.