Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:55 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Officially opening the new stand against palace apparently
They are indeed chief
Old 09-07-2019, 03:58 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
I can't go that game as I will be at the athletics that afternoon.

I will look forward to reading about what the stands like on here afterwards.
Old 15-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Who's coming to visit the Hamlet tomorrow? Are we playing for the cup like last year?
Old 17-07-2019, 12:38 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The team that Palace are likely to put out for Saturday’s game just got beat 6-2 by Barnet
Old 17-07-2019, 01:53 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Apparently drew 1-1 with Dulwich Hamlet, but won the "Cup" on penalties.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:28 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Now the Cricket World Cup is over (and I've had time to start recovering) I have finally made the combined Palace and Bromley fixture list.

A few things to note:
  • Both side are currently scheduled to play at home on the same day five times.
  • TV games are announced for the Premier League until the end of September and National League until 12th October. I have included the TV changes for all games before those dates.
  • The match away to Solihull on 12th October is dependent on Solihull's participation in the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup fourth round.
  • I have put the Everton away game as Feburary 8th. As that is the match taking place over the new winter break it could be played the following weekend.
  • I have gone through the list again since making it last night so it should be correct but be aware I may have made errors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Palace and Bromley fixtures 2019-20.pdf (97.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 20-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bromley 1 Palace Kidz 0 Zizzi, I think he’s a new right back, scored from a header for Bromley

The new stand does look the business

Last edited by monkey; 20-07-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 20-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Made in Bromley

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EC3AA422-865E-41AD-A4BC-499238D26755.jpg (107.6 KB, 84 views)
Old 20-07-2019, 07:01 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
I still feel mortally wounded after that FA Trophy loss, what with that weirder than weird management of @3 key players in the run up, it feels like the new stand is something to show for the achievement though. Even if it isn't really related that is. Feel like I've got past it. Anyway, just popping out to "Drama Queens R Us" .
Old 20-07-2019, 08:06 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
We never left beer tent ffs
Old 20-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
Now the Cricket World Cup is over (and I've had time to start recovering) I have finally made the combined Palace and Bromley fixture list.

A few things to note:
  • Both side are currently scheduled to play at home on the same day five times.
  • TV games are announced for the Premier League until the end of September and National League until 12th October. I have included the TV changes for all games before those dates.
  • The match away to Solihull on 12th October is dependent on Solihull's participation in the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup fourth round.
  • I have put the Everton away game as Feburary 8th. As that is the match taking place over the new winter break it could be played the following weekend.
  • I have gone through the list again since making it last night so it should be correct but be aware I may have made errors.
Good work as usual Robert
Old 25-07-2019, 02:08 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Does anyone know what happened to David Gregory? Has he got a new club?
Old 28-07-2019, 03:18 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Lost to a young Charlton side 1-0 today. Goal scored in the dying embers.

I believe that was their last pre-season game, and the season proper starts next Saturday.
Old 28-07-2019, 03:28 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown View Post
His Dad used to post on here when he was at Palace, not sure he does anymore, although still both Palace fans I believe.

From what I hear (someone on here posted) that the Bromley goalkeeping coach Jim Stannard and David allegedly don't see eye to eye. It is possible their paths crossed when Stannard was goalkeeper coach at Palace between 2008 and 2010. David would have been around 14-16 at the time.

Oh and I've not seen or heard if he has got a new club yet BTW.
Old 28-07-2019, 03:40 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

From what I hear (someone on here posted) that the Bromley goalkeeping coach Jim Stannard and David allegedly don't see eye to eye. It is possible their paths crossed when Stannard was goalkeeper coach at Palace between 2008 and 2010..
I'm sure the goalie for WestHam in the European Cup winners cup final at Wembley in 65 was named Jim Stannard. It's not a very common name, but surely it can't be him, he'd be way too old. Anyone know if that's his son?
Old 28-07-2019, 04:12 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
I'm sure the goalie for WestHam in the European Cup winners cup final at Wembley in 65 was named Jim Stannard. It's not a very common name, but surely it can't be him, he'd be way too old. Anyone know if that's his son?

Wikipedia says goalie was Jim Standen.
Old 28-07-2019, 04:20 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
I think you are thinking of Jim Standen (I have to admit I thought it was Jim Standard). I recall he used to play county cricket in the summer, which Wikipedia bares out.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is the Bromley one:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-07-2019, 10:38 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown View Post
Apparently he played for Boreham Wood yesterday
Old 29-07-2019, 04:09 PM

Vanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Apparently he played for Boreham Wood yesterday
Boreham Wood just put on Twitter that he's joined them.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:49 PM
The Spiky One

A bit of a changing of the guard at the top at Bromley with Jeremy Dolke stepping down as chairman:

A summary of the roles can be seen below;

Chairman: Robin Stanton-Gleaves
Vice Chairman: Jon Plassard
Director of Football: Jeremy Dolke
Vice President: Paul Greenwood