Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Mon£y Talk$
Old 26-09-2013, 10:34 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bullshit walks
Old 26-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
It is time to start organising a boycott
Old 26-09-2013, 11:30 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Lots of talk around now that Blatter is doing all he can to get it switched to the US. Martin Lipton has written that he wants his legacy to be Russia - USA - China.

While I would prefer it to go to the US, it does bother me that they will have had 2 in under 30 years. Would prefer Australia, but the time difference would kill the European market.
Old 26-09-2013, 11:31 AM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
While I would prefer it to go to the US, it does bother me that they will have had 2 in under 30 years. Would prefer Australia, but the time difference would kill the European market.
But not the Asian market, which is clearly Blatter's focus.
Old 26-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
It always struck me that the biggest problem with the Qatar bid wouldn't be what went on in the stadia, but how they dealt with hundreds of thousands of overseas supporters wandering around in 50C temperatures and wanting to drink alcohol.

It's a mess no doubt, and whatever happens now, I suspect the lawyers will be the biggest winners....
Old 26-09-2013, 11:49 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
As i get older, the World Cup becomes less important to me, FIFA have now turned it into a farce, i really don't care what they do with it
Sadly I'm starting to feel the same. I'm pretty sure that in a few years time it will be known as The Budweiser Cup or The Coca Cola Cup - it's all about the money.

What's annoyed me is that the European Championships are great and UEFA are completely screwing that up with 24 teams and no host nation
Old 26-09-2013, 11:51 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lots of talk around now that Blatter is doing all he can to get it switched to the US. Martin Lipton has written that he wants his legacy to be Russia - USA - China.

Australia or the US would be great. I don't think the time difference would be that prohibitive in Aus. It was ok in Japan and that's in a similar time zone.
Old 26-09-2013, 12:02 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Australia or the US would be great. I don't think the time difference would be that prohibitive in Aus. It was ok in Japan and that's in a similar time zone.
Watching an England game at 7am in the Porter & Sorter whilst all the commuters walked past outside is one of my all time best football memories
Old 26-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Would prefer Australia, but the time difference would kill the European market.
Whilst the spiders, snakes and crocodiles would kill all the punters.
Old 26-09-2013, 01:18 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On the BBC too now:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Is anyone really suprised though? Quatar, Dubai etc are built on explotation of these workers.

What do you think FIFA will do about it?
I think we all no the answer......nothing.
Old 26-09-2013, 01:23 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Its been an ****ign disaster from start to finish, I hope that Australia and all the other countries that bid for a SUMMER 2022 world cup sue them for every penny they can.

If they do switch it I hope (although it wont happen) some countries boycott the world cup and carry on with their domestic leagues.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 26-09-2013, 01:48 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Its been an ****ign disaster from start to finish, I hope that Australia and all the other countries that bid for a SUMMER 2022 world cup sue them for every penny they can.

If they do switch it I hope (although it wont happen) some countries boycott the world cup and carry on with their domestic leagues.
Agree, Maestro. Just maybe this nonsense will bring about reforms in FIFA that are so obviously needed but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 26-09-2013, 02:16 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle View Post
On the BBC too now:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Is anyone really suprised though? Quatar, Dubai etc are built on explotation of these workers.

What do you think FIFA will do about it?
I think we all no the answer......nothing.
Exactly. Anyone who has spent more than a day in the UAE knows about the appalling abuses of immigrant workers.

If FIFA was anything over than the pinnacle of corruption, they could be a real force for good in this situation.
Old 26-09-2013, 02:22 PM

kevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkevb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
As i get older, the World Cup becomes less important to me, FIFA have now turned it into a farce, i really don't care what they do with it
Same for me.

As I've grown up the money in the game has spoiled it completely for me so much that my only interest these days is Crystal Palace and our former academy boys. Anyone outside of that sphere, I couldn't care less.
Old 26-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
we need someone to stand up for these migrant workers

a qatar hero
Old 26-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I get up at stupid o'clock to watch Palace games from Straya, you can get up at stupid o'clock to watch whatever games you want.
Old 26-09-2013, 02:56 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
we need someone to stand up for these migrant workers

a qatar hero
Old 26-09-2013, 02:56 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
It needs one of the major footballing nations to make a stand and withdraw from that World Cup. Imagine if Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain and England (based on heritage rather than ability!) clubbed together and said that they intend to boycott it.

That's the only way I can see FIFA doing anything
Old 26-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevb View Post
Same for me.

As I've grown up the money in the game has spoiled it completely for me so much that my only interest these days is Crystal Palace and our former academy boys. Anyone outside of that sphere, I couldn't care less.
My view of football too. I am extremely ambivalent to Palace staying in the Premier League - for me the only benefit is the money to help us stay in business and develop the ground.

The prospect of remaining in the division for more than a season or two actually fills me with dread.