Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 14-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
6 year deal apparently.
Saw on the twatterverse the other say that Ontiveros was being linked with Palace or Villareal....I laughed.
I don't know a lot about him, but what I have seen he is pretty speedy. That's about all I know though.
Old 14-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
Sevilla are doing a lot of business early. Wober was a loan that possibly an agreed signing in Jan (reports differ) and Dabbur's transfer was agreed in Jan. For Sevilla it is quite a bit to spend, though Sarabia has left for PSG, Muriel to Atlanta and Promes to Ajax for about 50 million euros. Ben Yedder also looks like leaving. De Jong for 12.5m seems like a great bit of business.

CB Maximilian Wöber €10.5M
CF Munas Dabbur €15M
CB Diego Carlos €15M
CM Joan Jordán €14M
CF Luuk de Jong €12.5M
CB Jules Koundé €25M
Was looking at the Squad player page on the Sevilla website last night, all but those on international duty had their squad photos done, even Sebastien Corchia who I completely forgot was a Sevilla player still.

Sevilla beat Reading 2-1 in a friendly yesterday. So by Palace standards I guess we should be panicking at how shit this season is going to be.
Old 14-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Where do Barca get their money from?
Old 15-07-2019, 08:32 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Was looking at the Squad player page on the Sevilla website last night, all but those on international duty had their squad photos done, even Sebastien Corchia who I completely forgot was a Sevilla player still.

Sevilla beat Reading 2-1 in a friendly yesterday. So by Palace standards I guess we should be panicking at how shit this season is going to be.
Corchia was on loan somewhere last year (google says Benfica and that he hardly played and was relegated to their B team). With Mercado leaving maybe he will stay as backup but it seems unlikely. Sevilla currently have 30 first team players, which is too many. Banega and Ben Yedder are likely to leave but I'd guess a couple more will go as well. Nolito, if anyone is stupid enough to buy him, Kjaer, while they can get some money for him and Vázquez, also for the money would be my unsubstantiated guesses.

I didn't go to the Reading game, it was played miles away and the weekend of sport and 40 plus degree weather meant I spent the weekend in my boxers on the sofa.
Old 15-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Corchia was on loan somewhere last year (google says Benfica and that he hardly played and was relegated to their B team). With Mercado leaving maybe he will stay as backup but it seems unlikely. Sevilla currently have 30 first team players, which is too many. Banega and Ben Yedder are likely to leave but I'd guess a couple more will go as well. Nolito, if anyone is stupid enough to buy him, Kjaer, while they can get some money for him and Vázquez, also for the money would be my unsubstantiated guesses.

I didn't go to the Reading game, it was played miles away and the weekend of sport and 40 plus degree weather meant I spent the weekend in my boxers on the sofa.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

First line up of pre season. I hope Banega goes. Kjær and Nolito have been told they can go, I imagine Rico will go if another keeper is found. Ben Yedder will only go if someone pays what the club want or meet his €40m release clause. I don't know about Mudo, one minute he pulls a fantastic play out of his arse, but when it's not his day he can be largely anonymous. Going back to Ben Yedder a minute though, the club has Munir, Dabbur and de Jong up top now and looks like they might have Carlos Fernandez at the club too next season, that's 4 strikers already.

Sevilla still looking to bring new bodies in too. On a side note Nike should be showing a bit more respect to a club regularly in European competition than just giving them off the peg Sunday League template kits (again!), that Purple kit Rico is wearing in the picture they want €125 for the full kit, you can go on Pro Direct Soccer and buy that exact kit just without the Sevilla badge and Marathon Bet logo for about £28.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 15-07-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 15-07-2019, 08:55 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

First line up of pre season. I hope Banega goes. Kjær and Nolito have been told they can go, I imagine Rico will go if another keeper is found. Ben Yedder will only go if someone pays what the club want or meet his €40m release clause. I don't know about Mudo, one minute he pulls a fantastic play out of his arse, but when it's not his day he can be largely anonymous. Going back to Ben Yedder a minute though, the club has Munir, Dabbur and de Jong up top now and looks like they might have Carlos Fernandez at the club too next season, that's 4 strikers already.

Sevilla still looking to bring new bodies in too. On a side note Nike should be showing a bit more respect to a club regularly in European competition than just giving them off the peg Sunday League template kits (again!), that Purple kit Rico is wearing in the picture they want €125 for the full kit, you can go on Pro Direct Soccer and buy that exact kit just without the Sevilla badge and Marathon Bet logo for about £28.

I didn't know any of this.

I can see Rico staying as reserve keeper and playing in the cup games.
Old 15-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
I didn't know any of this.

I can see Rico staying as reserve keeper and playing in the cup games.
Which bits?
Old 15-07-2019, 08:58 AM
moist

Quote:
Which bits?
All of it. Especially Nolito and Klaer being told they could leave, and about the shit kits!
Old 15-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
All of it. Especially Nolito and Klaer being told they could leave, and about the shit kits!
Ah! Yeah that was mentioned on Football Espana a while back there was about 3 or 4 players who have been told they will be sold if offers come in for them. Quincy Promes was one of them and obviously he has been sold.

As for the kits, I have ordered the Home shirt which at least looks decent. The Red Away and Blue Third look like Vanarama national kits, and I won't pay €80 for either keeper shirt that is normally £12, I didn't when Nike made Palace's kits and I certainly won't be now.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 15-07-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 15-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Up the Palace!!!

€12m fee agreed with Porto for creative attacking centre mid Oliver Torres.

Meanwhile across town it is all really rather quiet at Betis at the moment, the only player I have seen them linked to is Borja Iglesias (very good player by the way!) who West Ham are also after (and who we should be after if available as he is better than Benteke, Wickham and Sørloth).

The lad Torres certainly seems to know how to pick a pass.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 15-07-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 15-07-2019, 01:54 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Oliver Torres confirmed.

In other news Iker Casillas has taken a step back to a coaching role for the time being and will see how his health is when he has fully recovered, so not retiring from playing just yet.
Old 16-07-2019, 12:26 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Betis close to agreeing a deal for Nabil Fekir. Didn't see that one coming although creative centre mid isn't exactly a priority position for Los Verdiblancos considering they have no (decent) Goalkeeper or Centre Forward right now.
Old 18-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Was looking at the Groups for Segunda B next year, Melilla which is just over the water from Andalucia have been placed in Group 1 with the Central Spanish teams.

Loads and loads of B teams now, looks like most clubs seem to be investing in Youth in Spain these days. All Groups have 20 teams except B3 which currently only has 19, not sure who or why has dropped out.

Sevilla recorded two victories (of sorts last night), having beaten Reading 2-1 over the weekend they took on FC Dallas in Texas last night and won 3-1, then played a "third half" as they called it afterwards where Dallas' Feeder team played effectively a Sevilla XI who ran out 2-1 winners in that one too.

I hate to say it but the Blue kit actually looked pretty smart in the Highlights I saw.

Real Betis lost 1-0 to Sheffield United at the weekend after a hash of a clearance from Dani Rebollo the young keeper having to play as Betis only have 1 senior keeper (Joel Robles) at the moment, and David McGoldrick tucked in.

Whoever signed off on having that Real Betis on the socks like this should be shot. It looks ******* awful!!!

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 18-07-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Up the Palace!!!

This I like...

This on the other hand, is absolutely disgusting. ��
Old 18-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Betis sign a player and a goalkeeper at that! (Admittedly they have also signed Juanmi and Antonio Pedraza too). Also close to a deal for Nabil Fekir from Lyon for €25m. Giovanni Lo Celso has asked for a transfer, the bloke only signed permanently in April, did he hate PSG that much that he agreed to the move so Betis can treble or quadruple their money on him?

Anyway Dani Martin is the keeper signed from Sporting Gijon, who was Spain's third choice at the recent Under 21 European Championships. Only 4 games in Segunda Division though, playing in La Liga is going to be a huge step up.

Not too sure about his comment about Betis fans though.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:58 PM

pap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
This I like...

This on the other hand, is absolutely disgusting. ��

Not a patch on our new kits for the season
Old 18-07-2019, 09:59 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pap View Post

Not a patch on our new kits for the season
Better than that Pink Betis kit anyway.

I like the fact you have a unique colourway though. Most Alicante teams I know of seem to be Blue and White.
Old 18-07-2019, 10:04 PM

pap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Better than that Pink Betis kit anyway.

I like the fact you have a unique colourway though. Most Alicante teams I know of seem to be Blue and White.
Yeah its true, most do.

The home kit is styled on the famous 'Explanada' in Alicante

Old 18-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pap View Post
Yeah its true, most do.

The home kit is styled on the famous 'Explanada' in Alicante

Very nice! Only team I really know now is Hercules. Alicante CF folded years back. I even think Benidorm CF have folded too.

What is the Away kit design, ex-pat vom after a night out in Alicante?
Old 18-07-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Very nice! Only team I really know now is Hercules. Alicante CF folded years back. I even think Benidorm CF have folded too.

What is the Away kit design, ex-pat vom after a night out in Alicante?
Alicante CF are on their way back, just finished 4th in their 1st season back in Preferente. Benidorm CD are now the club that end, also in Preferente, although they were having major money problems, I think the owners of Philadelphia Fury have now bought them.

Regarding the away kit........