Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-08-2016, 02:51 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Mile Jedinak watch

See Mile was booked today "for a nasty foul"... same old Mile.
Old 28-08-2016, 03:00 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
See Mile was booked today "for a nasty foul"... same old Mile.
Looked like 8 or 9 Villa players got bookings. Must be a badge of honour thing going on over there
Old 20-09-2016, 04:59 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
By all acconts sounds like he's not having a great time of it at Villa... It might not be a popular view but we really did pick a good time to get rid.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 20-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Lovely stuff

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love Mile but not a Prem player anymore.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 20-09-2016, 05:11 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
He spent a whole season having a bad time for us before he came good. Maybe it takes him a while to settle at a club.

Free Palestine
Old 20-09-2016, 05:11 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Also, shouldn't this (and the Gayle thread) be in memory lane?

Free Palestine
Old 20-09-2016, 05:13 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
By all acconts sounds like he's not having a great time of it at Villa... It might not be a popular view but we really did pick a good time to get rid.
100%, thought he would hit the ground running at Villa though shame if he hasn't
Old 20-09-2016, 05:17 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
100%, thought he would hit the ground running at Villa though shame if he hasn't
Jedi needs a run of games to get up to match speed. He'll thrive at that level.
Old 20-09-2016, 05:23 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's not what I've seen or heard from Villa fans. Looked like the majority of them have taken to him quite quickly although some suggesting he looks off the pace.
Old 20-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
That's not what I've seen or heard from Villa fans. Looked like the majority of them have taken to him quite quickly although some suggesting he looks off the pace.
Where are you guys hearing this stuff? I mean, I'm not here to doubt anybody, but it seems any time a player from another club is mentioned, somebody comes in saying 'all the Hartlepool (or whatever) fans I've spoken to say he's been their best/worst player' and I'm always left wondering where they're finding all these Hartlepool fans

Are there actually any accounts and/or fans giving this conflicting testimony?
Old 20-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Villa fan I know says Jedinak is popular and the leader they need. The
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:05 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
Twitter suggests otherwise
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Add to that his horrid debut vs. Bristol City and the fact that they haven't won or looked like winning since he signed and they're starting to turn on him...

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!

Last edited by eddieskyclad; 20-09-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:08 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EryrExile View Post
Where are you guys hearing this stuff? I mean, I'm not here to doubt anybody, but it seems any time a player from another club is mentioned, somebody comes in saying 'all the Hartlepool (or whatever) fans I've spoken to say he's been their best/worst player' and I'm always left wondering where they're finding all these Hartlepool fans

Are there actually any accounts and/or fans giving this conflicting testimony?
Well my old flatmate is a Villa regular also, although not as trusting, the CA ran an article full of tweets from Villa fans.

Last edited by SilentAssassin; 20-09-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:25 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I haven't seen him playing for Villa yet at all but I think it will be as much them adapting to him as him to the new club. If they shape the midfield around his strengths in a McJedley shape he will be awesome at that level I would think and easily worth the money. If they try to play him on his own as a DM with 2 in front then he is going to look slow and TBH I don't think it will work very often. Irrelevant of his form on the pitch I would think in their situation, having someone like him around the place will be worthwhile anyway but for his sake he needs to be playing.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:34 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How quickly some on here just cant wait to have a go at Jedinak, the guy was a legend for Palace and rescued us so many times, as did Speroni, these guys need to be shown respect for the sterling service they gave/give to the club. He may not be setting Villa alight at this moment, but then who is? a classic example of that is McCormack a 14m buy that many on here wanted Palace to sign.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
How quickly some on here just cant wait to have a go at Jedinak, the guy was a legend for Palace and rescued us so many times, as did Speroni, these guys need to be shown respect for the sterling service they gave/give to the club. He may not be setting Villa alight at this moment, but then who is? a classic example of that is McCormack a 14m buy that many on here wanted Palace to sign.
I wasn't having a go at him at, just for the record.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:53 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
How quickly some on here just cant wait to have a go at Jedinak, the guy was a legend for Palace and rescued us so many times, .
For me legend's don't cowardly elbow players off the ball for no reason. I wish him well but the guy let himself down badly with that. Very Bowyer and Thatcher like.

Palace legends in my opinion let their football do the talking not resorting to things like that. Leaders and captains should lead by example.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:57 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hell come good for them. Every time anyone thought Jedinak was done here he managed to turn it around. When he started for us he looked dogshit, other than the freekick where he nearly knocked a Blackpool player out he looked terrible in his first few games for us.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:57 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Twitter suggests otherwise

Add to that his horrid debut vs. Bristol City and the fact that they haven't won or looked like winning since he signed and they're starting to turn on him...
Other than the two last minute equalisers against them you mean?
Old 20-09-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
For me legend's don't cowardly elbow players off the ball for no reason. I wish him well but the guy let himself down badly with that. Very Bowyer and Thatcher like.

Palace legends in my opinion let their football do the talking not resorting to things like that. Leaders and captains should lead by example.
Interesting to know what you make of the likes of Alan Lee (some regard him as a hero for Hillsborough), AJ'S penalties, Hughes/Thomas tackles etc etc? Sure there are plenty of other Palace legends who have had a fair few mischievous streak to their play too. Would you write them off as your Palace legends?