Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-04-2019, 12:54 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Probably the end for Bolton. Absolute disgrace what’s gone on
Old 27-04-2019, 02:28 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
It's a tough one all around. My initial feelings is to not be too sympathetic to the players at this stage of the season. My first instinct was to say play out the season first.

But then again, they have no negotiating tool left without a game to play... or, you can't get blood out of a stone, and we as Palace fans know this as well as any.
Old 27-04-2019, 02:52 AM
Hamsey U13+U12

eagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles073 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wasn't there chairman the one when they were in the Prem, that tried to bring in no relegation.
Old 27-04-2019, 02:55 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I have no strong feelings either way about Bolton as a club. But it breaks my heart to see a club folding due to the appalling distribution of money in football.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 27-04-2019, 03:10 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles073 View Post
Wasn't there chairman the one when they were in the Prem, that tried to bring in no relegation.
Yes - Phil Gartside. A pretty low move but my guess is that he knew they were punching way above their weight, and relegation would hurt them more than most.

From the outside looking in, I would say that their current situation seems far more perilous compared to ours in both 2000 and 2010.
Old 27-04-2019, 05:09 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Such a sad state of affairs.
Hate seeing any club in turmoil like this. Unless we're talking about MU, Arse, Spurs, Brighton, Chelsea, L'pool, Newcastle or Man City.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:25 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Who was it that did the overspending?
Old 27-04-2019, 09:04 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
It' a mystery as I'm sure Alladyce would have watched the pennies while he was their.

Hope they eventually get it sorted as Bolton fans deserve better.
Old 27-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can’t blame the players for taking this action

I spoke to a ST holder the other day. Asked him if he’d come to terms with relegation. ‘Relegation ?’ He said. ‘Not going out of business is the real challenge, relegation is fine’
Old 27-04-2019, 09:12 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I wonder how differently things would have turned out for us had we been relegated in either 2000 or 2010?
Old 27-04-2019, 09:16 AM

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I wonder how differently things would have turned out for us had we been relegated in either 2000 or 2010?
Not sure about 2000 but 2010 would have been a disaster. We nearly went after staying up so chuff knows how close it would have got if Wednesday had scored in the 94th minute
Old 27-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Will they fold, or will the league make them fulfil the fixture with a team of 16 year old academy kids???
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-04-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Will they fold, or will the league make them fulfil the fixture with a team of 16 year old academy kids???
I thought I’d read that they had a new owner ready to take the club and debts and guarantee the wages for the remainder of the season ?
Old 27-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Still have fits of tourettes when ever I think about Stern John at that game. So much riding on it that I felt physically sick.
Old 27-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Still have fits of tourettes when ever I think about Stern John at that game. So much riding on it that I felt physically sick.
Yes. If we had lost that game my anger would have led me to find SJ and do some serious amount of damage to his right foot
Old 27-04-2019, 10:23 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Can’t blame the players for taking this action

Really, is it not the players fault that they have been relegated . No chance of Bolton being liquidated
Old 27-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
It's a tough one all around. My initial feelings is to not be too sympathetic to the players at this stage of the season. My first instinct was to say play out the season first.

But then again, they have no negotiating tool left without a game to play... or, you can't get blood out of a stone, and we as Palace fans know this as well as any.
Would you keep going to work if they stopped paying you?
Old 27-04-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Really, is it not the players fault that they have been relegated . No chance of Bolton being liquidated
Irrelevant. They have a contract of employment and I assume it doesn’t say ‘if we get relegated you don’t get paid anymore’
Old 27-04-2019, 10:29 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Bolton's players are refusing to play until they are paid and now their match tomorrow has been called off.

Good on the players, as I am sure none of us would work nearly 2 months without being paid. Regardless how much you earn.

It's the fans I feel sorry for.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I think they would have come out of it better had they made an official statement and said they were going to fulfill the fixtures for the fans.
Old 27-04-2019, 10:51 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
It’s not clear to me how not playing today helps them to get paid? Presumably a fixture brings in some money, for the non-playing staff as well.

Personally I’d want to fulfil the season (if only for the fans) and then take action at the end. If they haven’t been paid by May/June, then the club would probably have broken the terms of their employment contract and the PFA and EFL should be sympathetic to any Bolton player who wants to tear it up and move elsewhere.

So I do think the players shouldn’t play on indefinitely without salary, but they can take action soon, plus this gives the potential new owner another month to help.

A sad situation.