Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-04-2019, 10:55 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Irrelevant. They have a contract of employment and I assume it doesn’t say ‘if we get relegated you don’t get paid anymore’
If I failed to perform in my work I would face disciplinary action, so if they play shit every week it’s ok then?
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
It’s not clear to me how not playing today helps them to get paid? Presumably a fixture brings in some money, for the non-playing staff as well.

Personally I’d want to fulfil the season (if only for the fans) and then take action at the end. If they haven’t been paid by May/June, then the club would probably have broken the terms of their employment contract and the PFA and EFL should be sympathetic to any Bolton player who wants to tear it up and move elsewhere.

So I do think the players shouldn’t play on indefinitely without salary, but they can take action soon, plus this gives the potential new owner another month to help.

A sad situation.
I wouldn’t know but my guess would be playing today wouldn’t bring in much if any cash. With the crowds they get and the expense of policing, stewards, staffing etc etc, I’d be surprised if it was cost neutral
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
If I failed to perform in my work I would face disciplinary action, so if they play shit every week it’s ok then?
Don’t be silly

You would not have paid Palace players for the vast majority of our home games then ?
Old 27-04-2019, 11:14 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Bearing in mind they are already relegated, you would think it in the new owners interests to let it go into admin, so instead of taking on £100m+ of debt, he'd get ownership for something more like 1p in the £

Even if it means a 10 or 12 point deduction in place for next season.

There must be some sort of power struggle going on over it behind the scenes - presume whoever the £100m is owed to is holding out for as much of that to be honoured as possible
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-04-2019, 11:16 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Player contracts should have strict pay structures, rewards for success and paycuts on relegations to keep clubs solvent

Doesn’t happen in the world of professional football, probably why most FL clubs are going bust.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can’t agree with you on that, teams usually lose because the other team is better, not due to lack of effort.

By your reasoning players of a losing team shouldn’t be paid their salary. Fair enough that they don’t receive performance-related elements, such as win bonuses, but footballers have mortgages to pay and families to support like the rest of us.

If an individual player has been poor, then the manager can drop him and try to sell him, but he still receives his salary in the meanwhile till his contract expires.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:39 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I wouldn’t know but my guess would be playing today wouldn’t bring in much if any cash. With the crowds they get and the expense of policing, stewards, staffing etc etc, I’d be surprised if it was cost neutral
So by not playing today the team are denying other staff (eg stewards, caterers etc) the opportunity to earn their weekend money. It’s debatable whether they’ll receive it during this chaos, but they certainly won’t do now the match is cancelled.

I know it’s ‘only’ something like £50 a match, but at least some of the staff will need that cash.

Due to the short notice cancellation, some like the police and caterers will probably want to invoice the club still.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:41 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The players should play the match as it affects others less well paid than themselves.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The players should play to keep the club going, it'll help the staff too.

With their debts and the size of club it is it will go into admin shortly, that then allows new buyers to come in. As long as the local council don't support a developer then the club and its fan base survive.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:34 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
I think they would have come out of it better had they made an official statement and said they were going to fulfill the fixtures for the fans.

They’ve been fulfilling fixtures for 2 months
Old 27-04-2019, 01:14 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
It was only 2 more games to fulfil the fixture list and not affect the fans ,staff, stewards etc

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 27-04-2019, 02:58 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Bolton's perilous state of affairs aside, the wider ramifications for The Championship table could be profound.

I assume that if Bolton cannot fulfil their fixtures, the matches they have played will be scratched? That would have implications for the playoff and relegation scenarios.

Imagine prepping for the playoffs, only to be told the six points you've gained against Bolton have been wiped off, and you've actually now finished 7th or 8th because teams below you lost to and/or drew with Bolton. Oooof.
Old 27-04-2019, 08:26 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Bolton's perilous state of affairs aside, the wider ramifications for The Championship table could be profound.

I assume that if Bolton cannot fulfil their fixtures, the matches they have played will be scratched? That would have implications for the playoff and relegation scenarios.

Imagine prepping for the playoffs, only to be told the six points you've gained against Bolton have been wiped off, and you've actually now finished 7th or 8th because teams below you lost to and/or drew with Bolton. Oooof.
Dont think they can do that. Bolton are already down and happily neither Brentford or Forest, their 2 remaining games can go up or down
Can see Bolton having to slide another division if they cant fulfill thir fixtures
Old 27-04-2019, 08:54 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
They’ve been fulfilling fixtures for 2 months
They are a privileged bunch who will be paid in full once a takeover happens, unlike the 45 hour a week office staff who will be told to do one

My heart isn't bleeding sorry.
Old 27-04-2019, 08:58 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Would you keep going to work if they stopped paying you?
Depends what I did for a living, and the circumstances behind not getting paid.

A non-footballer would look for another job, or get a temporary job, but a footballer is a little different. They are not going to get paid for being on strike either so why not play anyway?

When the transfer window opens again they can get themselves a new team, as I'm sure their contracts with Bolton will be null and void.
Old 28-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
If the players were not to take action the owner would keep getting away with his activities. This is the only practical way to have something done, either interest a new investor up for a challenge or give the fans more time to get AFC Bolton underway. The club is only headed one way as things stand.
Old 28-04-2019, 11:04 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
They are a privileged bunch who will be paid in full once a takeover happens, unlike the 45 hour a week office staff who will be told to do one

My heart isn't bleeding sorry.
This is the same group who refused to train until the office staff were paid when they had been...
Old 28-04-2019, 11:07 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Depends what I did for a living, and the circumstances behind not getting paid.

A non-footballer would look for another job, or get a temporary job, but a footballer is a little different. They are not going to get paid for being on strike either so why not play anyway?

When the transfer window opens again they can get themselves a new team, as I'm sure their contracts with Bolton will be null and void.
Bloody hell, you must be minted.

Turning up to work slogging away when your employer who I am sure still has a fortune tucked away doesn't pay you a penny for over two months...

They are trying to get their employer to give them what's owed and why not? Just because they are footballers and yes they are lucky and get paid very well. But all said and done most people live to their means and even if it's several months of their "retirement fund" which will have to last them a good 50-70 years after they finish earning in their first choice profession.
Old 28-04-2019, 11:38 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was only about nine years ago they finished higher than Man City in The Prem.
Old 29-04-2019, 12:57 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Bloody hell, you must be minted.

Turning up to work slogging away when your employer who I am sure still has a fortune tucked away doesn't pay you a penny for over two months...

They are trying to get their employer to give them what's owed and why not? Just because they are footballers and yes they are lucky and get paid very well. But all said and done most people live to their means and even if it's several months of their "retirement fund" which will have to last them a good 50-70 years after they finish earning in their first choice profession.
So in your mind by them refusing to play will lead to the owners being forced to pay them thus they will play out the season?

In other words, they are gambling there actually is money somewhere to pay them. In the mean time they are still not getting paid, and bar getting a job stacking shelves in Sainsbury's or the like are not going to have any income.

And if I was a fireman, policeman, nurse or doctor I would think twice about withdrawing my services with or without pay for a limited time while things were sorted... the difference being I could get a second job stacking shelves in Sainsbury's or the like to make ends meet... Are footballers allowed to do that under their contracts? And I realize their contract also probably state they will get paid "x" amount per week/month/year etc. so the current situation may make their contract void.