Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:24 AM

Panther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Personally I'd sooner go with 30 seconds for a sub to be complete... If not the player coming on has to wait until next ball out of play to come on.
And for a restart after a goal, to stop those overlong and elaborate celebrations.

The handball thing is clearly daft and won’t help at all as far as I can see. How would it help in the Moxey case, for instance, where the ball ricocheted up off his knee onto his hand and where there was clearly no intent?

Last edited by Panther; 04-03-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:39 AM

Twin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Penalties are too major an award for many minor incidents that wouldn't lead to a goal scoring opportunity.
Maybe what they are proposing should just be rewarded with a free kick in the box unless a shot is goal bound. A bit like lbw.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:04 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
I'm sure there is clever-er way of saying this, but every time a law change is made it seems to complicate things even more. Simplification bringing complication? What about just taking away the law and putting really really simply what they mean - and if they can't then its probably a crap change.

Handball : did it hit the hand/arm? If yes, did the 'hit' player move his hand/arm to cause the contact with the ball? if yes - handball, if not, move on. The world will still spin on its axis. I am fairly certain that Wilf & Andros could comfortably kick the ball at the hand/arm of another player & while that sounds terrific fun, its not really the idea of the game.

'Leave by the nearest point' - Ref just stops the clock, no need for new law.

I assume that some sort of necessity test has to be passed to change / create a new law?

Perhaps if the authorities stated what they prioritised (goals, speed of the game, fairness, obedience to laws...), then we might understand why a change is needed.

Surely a better investment of time would be to have Refs more accountable for their decisions (body cam) balanced with meaningful instant and/or retrospective action against players that abuse Refs & lino's.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
I'm sure there is clever-er way of saying this, but every time a law change is made it seems to complicate things even more. Simplification bringing complication? What about just taking away the law and putting really really simply what they mean - and if they can't then its probably a crap change.

Handball : did it hit the hand/arm? If yes, did the 'hit' player move his hand/arm to cause the contact with the ball? if yes - handball, if not, move on. The world will still spin on its axis. I am fairly certain that Wilf & Andros could comfortably kick the ball at the hand/arm of another player & while that sounds terrific fun, its not really the idea of the game.

'Leave by the nearest point' - Ref just stops the clock, no need for new law.

I assume that some sort of necessity test has to be passed to change / create a new law?

Perhaps if the authorities stated what they prioritised (goals, speed of the game, fairness, obedience to laws...), then we might understand why a change is needed.

Surely a better investment of time would be to have Refs more accountable for their decisions (body cam) balanced with meaningful instant and/or retrospective action against players that abuse Refs & lino's.
Get your point when it comes to the handball law, but surely having subs leave by the nearest touchline is simple, easy to enforce and makes complete sense.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
At the moment refs are exposed by the time wasting injury time substitution. The board has already gone up to tell everyone that 4 minutes (or whatever) will be added on. These subs can easily take 2 plus minutes to sort out by the time the player coming off has rolled around on the far side of the pitch with 'cramp' then slowly hobbled off while taking time to generously applaud all corners of the ground.

If the opposing team then equalised in the 7th minute of stoppage time there would be uproar. Hence why this supposed 'add 30 seconds for a substitution' appears to have become the accepted wisdom even though I assume it's not written down anywhere.

The new approach seems an improvement.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Get your point when it comes to the handball law, but surely having subs leave by the nearest touchline is simple, easy to enforce and makes complete sense.
But then, certain teams (no names, no pack drill ) would contrive to substitute the player in the centre circle, or give some sort of signal so that he just happens to wander there. Or am I just getting even more cynical?

I think it has got to the point where we need a rugby-style clock for injuries and substitutions.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
And no longer rebounds from penalties?
Old 04-03-2019, 01:18 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
But then, certain teams (no names, no pack drill ) would contrive to substitute the player in the centre circle, or give some sort of signal so that he just happens to wander there. Or am I just getting even more cynical?

I think it has got to the point where we need a rugby-style clock for injuries and substitutions.
so? That would still be much closer than a player getting to the other side of the pitch in prep for being subbed.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:38 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Saw a journo tweet that attacking players are no longer allowed in the wall for free-kicks as well.
When the ref takes 90 seconds to set a wall up. It does my head in. Give the free kick, give the team 10 seconds to set a wall up. If the aren't 10 yards in 10 seconds - penalise them somehow.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:44 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I assume a bookable offense if not taking the shortest route?
Like to see some sense here, some players it would not be wise to have to walk round half the ground. i think if you don't go off at the nearest point you need to RUN off, if you break stride you get a yellow.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:45 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin of Droy View Post
Penalties are too major an award for many minor incidents that wouldn't lead to a goal scoring opportunity.
Maybe what they are proposing should just be rewarded with a free kick in the box unless a shot is goal bound. A bit like lbw.
A free kick in the box is a penalty. Unless you think we should open up more cases of indirect free kicks - as is the case if the keeper handles a back pass for example.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post

As opposed to now, where they substitute a player who has just wandered over to the far side of the pitch? He of course faces away so can't see the board, stops to do his laces up, hand shake with the referee, claps the 4 corners, stops to take the shin pads out, hand shakes with e few teammates etc etc.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Currently there has to be an intent to handle the ball, it will be interested to see its interpretation.
In the penalty area, yes. But we all know free-kicks are always given when the ball hits a player's hand/arm and he maintains control of it, whether he meant it or not, and whatever the law says.

We're just going to end up with players blasting the ball at defender's hands as soon as they get in the area. Asking referees to correctly interpret the phrase 'natural silhouette' is just asking for trouble. How would they know what a natural position is? Most of them were the kid picked last at school.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:54 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Players leaving by the shortest route just won't happen if they are time wasting. Instead they will feign injury and a stretcher will come on trebling the time. Also, as someone has already said, if that interpretation is correct re handball, then players can simply kick the ball at the defenders arms and win a free kick. And what about a 100mph pile driver blasted into someone's arm? Seriously, how can that be given?
Old 04-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
I'm not sure how this works? At what point are you allowed to attack again if the ball doesn't go out? Do you have to make x many passes or something daft?

Looks like they are also changing it so it's a drop ball if the ball hits the referee too!
Old 04-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm not sure how this works? At what point are you allowed to attack again if the ball doesn't go out? Do you have to make x many passes or something daft?

Looks like they are also changing it so it's a drop ball if the ball hits the referee too!
Assume it would be the same as a shoot out, i.e. Ball is dead so re start with a freekick to the defending team if it's missed?

Takes away the variable application of encroachment I guess
Old 04-03-2019, 05:14 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
I wonder if it is just the penalty taker that can't follow up, but another player can? Cue debates over entering the box prior to the kick being taken, which is already ignored on the whole.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
These law changes are daft

Why bring in VAR to help and then make changes to the laws so it's easier in theory for the refs, so VAR is not required?

The encroachment could be cleared up by VAR in seconds, tell the ref, re-taken penalty. Instead, lets change the law and re-educate every footballer that plays the game (assuming these are world wide changes, as that would be an even bigger farce!).

Handball, have VAR check for a handball and see if the hand is in an un-natural position when it's struck, VAR can clear that up pretty quick, but instead, make the law so the ball hitting your arm is a penalty unless it is hanging down by yourside. Yet still use VAR to check you made that call correctly.

Idiots in charge of the game!!
Old 04-03-2019, 05:54 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Where does this come from? It's not on the IFAB website and their media videos following the meet. It is on some media sites though.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
Players leaving by the shortest route just won't happen if they are time wasting. Instead they will feign injury and a stretcher will come on trebling the time.
I'd just ban substitutions after 85 minutes. Allow an extra sub in case of an injury, but the player going off will be ineligible for the next game.