Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:51 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I wish they'd tackle the rotational foul strategy. Sorry to upset Watford and Bournemouth.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:29 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
And no longer rebounds from penalties?
Sky have backtracked on their erroneous story. Rebounds are still allowed.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-03-2019, 12:35 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should ban people drying the ball with a foreign object! Use your top, or don’t dry it! Also should make it so people put the ball in the quadrant for corners! And make throwing be taken where they should be
Old 05-03-2019, 12:35 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking's no1 View Post
Sky have backtracked on their erroneous story. Rebounds are still allowed.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
With the picture accompanying the story being Wilf being booked

Sky hates us.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:36 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also why on sky is it a picture of zaha when talking about rule changes?
Old 05-03-2019, 12:36 PM

Got there first
Old 05-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Changing the laws to make VAR easier is utterly stupid.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Will the new laws apply to the top six?
Old 05-03-2019, 02:25 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Will the new laws apply to the top six?
They are having their own separate laws announced shortly.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:00 PM

CJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Seems to me that most or any handball in the penalty area are not deliberate. Perhaps the one the Tottenham lad gave away v Palace was an exception to that. Or when a player handles the ball to stop the ball going in the net which again is very rare.

Most would appear to ball to hand, rather than hand to ball.

Just me I guess.
This is probably true under the wording of the original law which implies an intentional movement of the arm to strike the ball rather than the ball just striking the arm.
When refereeing I adopted a change to my interpretation a few years ago so that handball was either when the player made a deliberate movement of the arm towards the ball or when he could have moved the arm out of the way but choose to keep it in position creating a bigger body shape. This allowed for arms to be raised for natural balance etc..
This interpretation would simplify all this confusion about natural positions and silhouettes.

The other thing I would sometimes do with slow substitutions was to tell the departing player that if I could walk to the side of the pitch before they did I would caution them for delay in leaving the field of play. Never had to actually do it.

Last edited by CJ PLUM; 05-03-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:03 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Should ban people drying the ball with a foreign object! Use your top, or don’t dry it! Also should make it so people put the ball in the quadrant for corners! And make throwing be taken where they should be
The ball is almost always in the quadrant. The bottom of the ball, the bit in contact with the pitch doesn't need to be though!
Old 05-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally, as a referee, it feels as though the handball change is tinkering just for the sake of it. I am also annoyed that I will no longer be able to tell players that a ball hitting a player's fist and accidentally being punched into the net will stand as a good goal!

Outside of these law changes, I am more interested in the use of "sin bins" for dissent, in the local league games that I will be refereeing in next season - that will be more fun to implement and any players on the BBS need to be particularly aware of this change.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related

Last edited by Beatleboy; 05-03-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:50 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
Personally, as a referee, it feels as though the handball change is tinkering just for the sake of it. I am also annoyed that I will no longer be able to tell players that a ball hitting a player's fist and accidentally being punched into the net will stand as a good goal!

Outside of these law changes, I am more interested in the use of "sin bins" for dissent, in the local league games that I will be refereeing in next season - that will be more fun to implement and any players on the BBS need to be particularly aware of this change.
I have long been a fan of sin-bins. The main plus points for me are that the punishment is immediate and the opponent sinned against reaps the benefit and not some future opponent. I hope they do bring it in at the top level. Any real chance of that, Beatleboy?
Old 05-03-2019, 03:51 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
.....Outside of these law changes, I am more interested in the use of "sin bins" for dissent, in the local league games that I will be refereeing in next season - that will be more fun to implement and any players on the BBS need to be particularly aware of this change.
Be very interesting that.

Some of the trial areas suggest it has worked, others not.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have a mate who is a qualified cricket umpire... he also likes confronting people with arcane aspects of the laws/rules.

It’s weird if you ask me. He recently told me that he prefers umpiring in the Surrey Championship to umpiring in the Fuller’s because he has more power. He can award penalty runs and such like.

I would have thought that the umpire/ref is best there to facilitate the players enjoyment of their Saturday sport rather than looking to become a part, controversial or otherwise, of the game.

It strikes me as very odd that you “enjoy” belittling players knowledge of the game and that you think implementing sin bins will be fun.

Cricket wanker.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:01 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
I have long been a fan of sin-bins. The main plus points for me are that the punishment is immediate and the opponent sinned against reaps the benefit and not some future opponent. I hope they do bring it in at the top level. Any real chance of that, Beatleboy?
The IFAB dismissed the idea in their press conference at the weekend. Keeping it to grassroots only.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking's no1 View Post
The IFAB dismissed the idea in their press conference at the weekend. Keeping it to grassroots only.
Thanks for that. Shame.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:06 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I have a mate who is a qualified cricket umpire... he also likes confronting people with arcane aspects of the laws/rules.

It’s weird if you ask me. He recently told me that he prefers umpiring in the Surrey Championship to umpiring in the Fuller’s because he has more power. He can award penalty runs and such like.

I would have thought that the umpire/ref is best there to facilitate the players enjoyment of their Saturday sport rather than looking to become a part, controversial or otherwise, of the game.

It strikes me as very odd that you “enjoy” belittling players knowledge of the game and that you think implementing sin bins will be fun.
However my guess would be that you have never umpired a cricket match, or refereed a football match yourself? This site as above (quadrant) shows that the normal football fan has a very limited knowledge of the laws of the game they spend a fortune going to watch.

Sin Bins will be a very interesting addition to the game especially at a local level where many referees try not to give out yellow cards as there is a financial impact on the player.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
We had a ref about a month ago moaning about the sin bins as he will need multiple watches apparently.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:13 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisuk View Post
I guess the current rule is that it has to be a clear and obvious hand ball to the referee and his assistant.
Where as next year if the ball hits your hand no matter what the decision will be deemed to be handball and penalty or free kick

That’s how I read it anyway so sounds like next year will be a case of shoot at someone and hope it hits a hand even if it’s missing th goal by 100 yards you will get a free kick or penalty
It will be a nightmare for defenders. Strikers will definitely take advantage as you describe. The argument will then be whether a hanging arm was close enough to the body. With VAR coming in, you can see lots of pull backs in games and media debate. Not sure about this rules change.