Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
When the ref takes 90 seconds to set a wall up. It does my head in. Give the free kick, give the team 10 seconds to set a wall up. If the aren't 10 yards in 10 seconds - penalise them somehow.
Can’t they already move the wall back by 10 yards or has that one gone
Old 05-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
However my guess would be that you have never umpired a cricket match, or refereed a football match yourself? This site as above (quadrant) shows that the normal football fan has a very limited knowledge of the laws of the game they spend a fortune going to watch.

Sin Bins will be a very interesting addition to the game especially at a local level where many referees try not to give out yellow cards as there is a financial impact on the player.
Your guess would be wrong. I’ve done both regularly.

Oh well.

Cricket wanker.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:04 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Your guess would be wrong. I’ve done both regularly.

Oh well.
Fair play, too few qualified refs around.

Just surprises me that having gone to the bother of being qualified you would not takes a sense of enjoyment in educating the masses on the finer points of the LOAF.

Its not about being the centre of the match but more about applying the laws correctly.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I suspect it is not about educating the parks footballer about the finer points of the laws, but rather explaining why they can't 'kick the bastard No. 6 up in the air'?
Old 05-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Fair play, too few qualified refs around.

Just surprises me that having gone to the bother of being qualified you would not takes a sense of enjoyment in educating the masses on the finer points of the LOAF.

Its not about being the centre of the match but more about applying the laws correctly.
I haven’t reffed for over twenty five years but I umpire when I’m out (quite early in the game these days) ...and I’m taking the course this spring.

To me, an over officious official spoils the game and enjoyment of everyone. By all means, apply the laws and rules as required but to “enjoy” explaining to some pissed off Sunday league clogger that a goal scored by a fat bloke who accidentally threw the ball into the net takes a special breed.

Cricket wanker.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I have a mate who is a qualified cricket umpire... he also likes confronting people with arcane aspects of the laws/rules.

It’s weird if you ask me. He recently told me that he prefers umpiring in the Surrey Championship to umpiring in the Fuller’s because he has more power. He can award penalty runs and such like.

I would have thought that the umpire/ref is best there to facilitate the players enjoyment of their Saturday sport rather than looking to become a part, controversial or otherwise, of the game.

It strikes me as very odd that you “enjoy” belittling players knowledge of the game and that you think implementing sin bins will be fun.

On your first point, most referees that I know get royally fed up with shouts of handball - and everyone who plays the game should know that , currently, accidental handball is not an offence - but that all changes with this law amendment!! On your other point, When I say "fun" in this context, I really mean that it will be interesting to see how it works in practice - i will have to improve my communication skills! Where "Sin Bins" have been trialled, it is said to have worked very well, for referees, players and managers. " Dissent" has been reduced considerably, because coaches and players don't want to have their team mates in the sin bin for 10 minutes - even worse if more than one player is out of action. This is more painful and potentially more costly (in terms of points lost) than the £10 fine that goes along with a yellow card.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 05-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Pretty much every thrown down in the Premier League is a foul throw. Be good if they clamped down on this aswell.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:55 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
Pretty much every thrown down in the Premier League is a foul throw. Be good if they clamped down on this aswell.
Some of them are a bit shaky, but the main requirement in "Law" is that both feet are planted ON, or behind the touchline, when the ball is delivered, and the ball is thrown from behind the head in one continuous movement. You can throw it downwards just in front of your feet if you meet the criteria that I have just set out - it may not look pretty, but it would be legal! You can have most of your foot, or feet on the pitch (field of play), as long as there is part of your foot/feet in contact with the touchline.

Last edited by Beatleboy; 05-03-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
We had a ref about a month ago moaning about the sin bins as he will need multiple watches apparently.
That was my concern too. Having to carry 2 watches and deal with adding on time for stoppages is bad enough, without the problem of having 1 ( or more!) players in the sin bin at the same time. However, I have been told that when it was trialled elsewhere, the amount of dissent went down so dramatically that it was not an issue - we shall see!!!

Old 05-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
Some of them are a bit shaky, but the main requirement in "Law" is that both feet are planted ON, or behind the touchline, when the ball is delivered, and the ball is thrown from behind the head in one continuous movement. You can throw it downwards just in front of your feet if you meet the criteria that I have just set out - it may not look pretty, but it would be legal! You can have most of your foot, or feet on the pitch (field of play), as long as there is part of your foot/feet in contact with the touchline.
It’s the behind the head part of the rule that is being broken.
Old 23-05-2019, 01:59 PM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Rule changes

Not sure if this has been raised elsewhere but the intro of sin bins and goalies having to be outfield players seems completely ridiculous to me. I don’t understand what about this would improve the game, it’s as if we want to make football more like other sports rather than helping it to retain its own identity

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-05-2019, 02:07 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Not sure if this has been raised elsewhere but the intro of sin bins and goalies having to be outfield players seems completely ridiculous to me. I don’t understand what about this would improve the game, it’s as if we want to make football more like other sports rather than helping it to retain its own identity

If a player is sin binned is he going to tactically waste game time by slowly walking off the pitch like they do currently for substitutions.

I very much doubt that the refs will add on the correct minutes for time lost at these delays.
Old 23-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
I assume the thought process is;
1) Dissent is a problem that needs fixing
2) Removing a player for part of the game is the best tactic to minimise dissent
3) It is time to try the concept of sin-bins

Is time-wasting dealt with as dissent? Otherwise it needs the keeper (or any other player) to kick the ball away at a free kick or deliver a decent volley of abuse to the ref.

It would be better if it was matched by something which meant referees should explain their decisions (post-match) or body warn video was publicised of the dissent.
Old 23-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
If a player is sin binned is he going to tactically waste game time by slowly walking off the pitch like they do currently for substitutions.

I very much doubt that the refs will add on the correct minutes for time lost at these delays.
Rule change for next year means when a player is being subbed they have to leave the pitch at the nearest point. So even if they are over by the Arfur touchline for example they leave the pitch that side and not by the dugouts.

Last edited by Scrumpy; 23-05-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 23-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Handballs
If the ball hits an attacker’s arm during the build-up to a goal it will be disallowed regardless if it was accidental or otherwise.

Free kicks
An attacking player is no longer allowed in the wall at free kicks and opponent players must stand at least a metre away.

Penalty kicks
The goalkeepers must have one foot on the line while the penalty is being taken.
And ‘keepers are also no longer allowed to touch the posts before the kick.

Cards for coaches
Coaches will now be punished the same way as players with referees allowed to brandish yellow and red cards to off-field staff.

Drop balls
Old fashioned drop balls will NOT be used any more and now the giving the ball back to the last team in possession will be the formality.

Substitutions
Whenever a player is substituted, they must exit the field at the nearest point.

This has been introduced to stop players on the opposite side of the pitch walking to the far dugout late on in games.
Old 23-05-2019, 02:32 PM

mystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Handballs
If the ball hits an attacker’s arm during the build-up to a goal it will be disallowed regardless if it was accidental or otherwise.

Free kicks
An attacking player is no longer allowed in the wall at free kicks and opponent players must stand at least a metre away.

Penalty kicks
The goalkeepers must have one foot on the line while the penalty is being taken.
And ‘keepers are also no longer allowed to touch the posts before the kick.

Cards for coaches
Coaches will now be punished the same way as players with referees allowed to brandish yellow and red cards to off-field staff.

Drop balls
Old fashioned drop balls will NOT be used any more and now the giving the ball back to the last team in possession will be the formality.

Substitutions
Whenever a player is substituted, they must exit the field at the nearest point.

This has been introduced to stop players on the opposite side of the pitch walking to the far dugout late on in games.
I don't agree with the oppo players in a defensive wall rule change at all. Free kicks are often conceded on the edge of the box (within shooting range) in an attempt to stop a player entering the box so why remove the slight tactical advantage the attacking team could use?
Palace finish 11th
Brighton finish 18th
Old 23-05-2019, 03:14 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
With regard to drop balls, what wil happen when we have a good old fashioned scramble as a result of a player lying on top of the ball?
Old 23-05-2019, 03:55 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
With regard to drop balls, what wil happen when we have a good old fashioned scramble as a result of a player lying on top of the ball?
If he's doing it on purpose it's obstruction, isn't it?
Old 23-05-2019, 04:06 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
If he's doing it on purpose it's obstruction, isn't it?
Yes thanks for that but we all know the scenario where a couple of players fall to the ground when tussling for the ball and it ends up sort of stuck underneath them. What's your answer to that?
Old 23-05-2019, 04:12 PM

CJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
He will be deemed to be the last player in possession and the ball will be dropped to him with opponents keeping at least 4 metres away.