Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-03-2019, 07:51 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
UEFA Nations League Finals Porto June 2019

Any other Palace fans going to this?

I gave up with the England team several years ago but the latest squad have got me excited again.

Porto is a great city, so even more reason to take this in. Managed to get 4 tickets so it will be a train from the Algarve to Porto. Hotel booked in the city.

First game (and England's next game) is on Thursday 6th June versus Netherlands.

Could be England's first major football trophy since 1966.
Old 27-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
I will be going to this, along with four other Palace fans. Staying in Porto for five nights. Got tickets for Portugal v Switzerland as well as the England games.

Just had a great trip to Montenegro. Really looking forward to June.
Old 27-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Kit Obsessive User

NorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
England v Holland is in Guimares isn't it?

Portugal will beat Switzerland I think, especially after watching Switzerland defend last night. Ronaldo as Captain, in Portugal, to be the first captain to lift this international trophy and get another one over Messi? You can guarantee he's going to be motivated and will show up as always in big games, his mentality for these scenarios is unrivalled. Also give him a shot at true redemption for their 2004 failure on home soil.

Holland and England on a knife edge IMO. Could go either way, Holland maybe have the edge with VVD playing at the back against other PL players that he seems to pocket on a regular basis. As a Scotsman and a fan of Dutch football, obviously, I'll be hoping for an Oranje victory, but can't actually call it one way or the other.

Looking forward to it and then the playoffs next March.
@KitConnorsseur on Twitter

Black Lives Matter
Old 27-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle View Post
England v Holland is in Guimares isn't it?

Portugal will beat Switzerland I think, especially after watching Switzerland defend last night. Ronaldo as Captain, in Portugal, to be the first captain to lift this international trophy and get another one over Messi? You can guarantee he's going to be motivated and will show up as always in big games, his mentality for these scenarios is unrivalled. Also give him a shot at true redemption for their 2004 failure on home soil.

Holland and England on a knife edge IMO. Could go either way, Holland maybe have the edge with VVD playing at the back against other PL players that he seems to pocket on a regular basis. As a Scotsman and a fan of Dutch football, obviously, I'll be hoping for an Oranje victory, but can't actually call it one way or the other.

Looking forward to it and then the playoffs next March.
Yes - the England semi and the third-place game are in Guimaraes, with the Portugal semi and the final in Porto.

I agree that Portugal should win their game against Switzerland, given home advantage. The England game will be a close call. I think we're probably marginal favourites but the timing so soon after the Champions League Final could be an issue. The Dutch are clearly improving, but from what I saw of their game against Germany the other day, they still have some way to go. I think England look great going forwards now, but are likely to be vulnerable defensively against a strong attacking team.

Who are Scotland likely to be up against in the play offs? I'm hoping Scotland qualify, because I fancy a Euro 2020 game at Hampden rather than all three at Wembley.
Old 28-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Kit Obsessive User

NorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
Yes - the England semi and the third-place game are in Guimaraes, with the Portugal semi and the final in Porto.

I agree that Portugal should win their game against Switzerland, given home advantage. The England game will be a close call. I think we're probably marginal favourites but the timing so soon after the Champions League Final could be an issue. The Dutch are clearly improving, but from what I saw of their game against Germany the other day, they still have some way to go. I think England look great going forwards now, but are likely to be vulnerable defensively against a strong attacking team.

Who are Scotland likely to be up against in the play offs? I'm hoping Scotland qualify, because I fancy a Euro 2020 game at Hampden rather than all three at Wembley.
Well right now we have Serbia, Scotland, Finland and Norway.

We play Finland and Norway play Serbia.

If Serbia qualify it all moves around, as with anyone qualifying. Hoping Serbia do get through, as they, imo are our biggest obstacle. But this is Scotland, no doubt we'll somehow conspire to lose a game against a nothing team as usual.

Black Lives Matter
Old 28-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Well right now we have Serbia, Scotland, Finland and Norway.

We play Finland and Norway play Serbia.

If Serbia qualify it all moves around, as with anyone qualifying. Hoping Serbia do get through, as they, imo are our biggest obstacle. But this is Scotland, no doubt we'll somehow conspire to lose a game against a nothing team as usual.
That's a pretty tough set of teams. Agree Serbia are the biggest threat.

What I haven't quite got to grips with is how the Division A play offs work assuming most of those teams qualify automatically. Presumably they take the next ranked teams from B and potentially C?
Old 28-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Kit Obsessive User

Quote:
That's a pretty tough set of teams. Agree Serbia are the biggest threat.

What I haven't quite got to grips with is how the Division A play offs work assuming most of those teams qualify automatically. Presumably they take the next ranked teams from B and potentially C?
Next best ranked from A. As everyone had a placing in the overall league, if everyone qualifies, above them, Iceland, Croatia etc could get playoff places.

Black Lives Matter
Old 28-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Next best ranked from A. As everyone had a placing in the overall league, if everyone qualifies, above them, Iceland, Croatia etc could get playoff places.
I meant if everyone from A qualified automatically. Presumably the A group could end up being 5-8 from B for example, meaning that finishing 5th best in B could be preferable to finishing as one of the group winners.
Old 28-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Kit Obsessive User

Quote:
I meant if everyone from A qualified automatically. Presumably the A group could end up being 5-8 from B for example, meaning that finishing 5th best in B could be preferable to finishing as one of the group winners.
Again, I'm not sure exactly how it works, I think that's how it'll go, but I don't know if even UEFA know tbh

Black Lives Matter
Old 28-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I went to something like 50 or so England aways between 1997 and 2011, then I gave up going to the aways and have just been doing the home games at Wembley.

Having missed out on several years of away games I rejoined the away travel club for this 'campaign' simply because I weanted to be able to apply for the EURO2020 games at Wembley (and Hampden)

When England qualified for the Nations League finals I thought it would be crazy not to go, so me and my lot are going to the Final. Or the 3rd place game if England lose to Holland!

I was there when we won "Le Tournoi" by the way, so don't forget we have already won something since 1966
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 28-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I went to something like 50 or so England aways between 1997 and 2011, then I gave up going to the aways and have just been doing the home games at Wembley.

Having missed out on several years of away games I rejoined the away travel club for this 'campaign' simply because I weanted to be able to apply for the EURO2020 games at Wembley (and Hampden)

When England qualified for the Nations League finals I thought it would be crazy not to go, so me and my lot are going to the Final. Or the 3rd place game if England lose to Holland!

I was there when we won "Le Tournoi" by the way, so don't forget we have already won something since 1966
Not tempted by Sofia in October?
Old 28-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
When I was younger I always wanted to go watch England. Still never been.
Old 28-03-2019, 10:34 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
That major trophy?
Old 28-03-2019, 10:48 PM

ellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I’m going to this with another Palace fan and my best mate who’s die hard Brighton.... we’re all 22 and went to the Semi final in Moscow in the summer. It’s not the same as Palace but it sure is enjoyable especially watching this team at the moment. In Moscow for example even after losing I don’t think I’ve ever seen a relationship between players and fans as there was in the stadium even an hour after the game!
Old 28-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not tempted by Sofia in October?
Nah.

Saw England play Bulgaria in Sofia in 1999, as well as the U21 game in Vratza the day before. And going deep into Bulgaria for the U21 game, on a knackered train with a real live bear in the goods wagon was something else which I'll never forget! Actually stayed out there for a whole week. This was before there were numerous budget airlines, and I had no internet to book flights, hotels, do research etc, so it was a lot more of a journey into the unknown - connecting Lufthansa flights, a copy of Rough Guide to Eastern Europe and quite a bit of daft optimism that it'd be alright!

When I went there I saw absolutely every single thing there was to see in Sofia and the surrounding area. Going back 20 years later I suspect it's nowhere near as cheap, and has probably changed quite a bit for the worse than when I went - when it was still largely unchanged from the communist era
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-03-2019, 01:58 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEagle View Post
Any other Palace fans going to this?

I gave up with the England team several years ago but the latest squad have got me excited again.

Porto is a great city, so even more reason to take this in. Managed to get 4 tickets so it will be a train from the Algarve to Porto. Hotel booked in the city.

First game (and England's next game) is on Thursday 6th June versus Netherlands.

Could be England's first major football trophy since 1966.
Wish I was going but, alas, it clashes with exams. I really don’t think Portugal should be underestimated with their home advantage, and obviously the Dutch have improved, but we’re the best team both on paper and form. Great opportunity.
Old 29-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Still plenty of tickets left for the Portugal game surprisingly.
Old 29-03-2019, 10:34 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
I hope Gareth Southgate has the courage to pursue his brave new selection policy for the Nations League tournament. Yes i accept there will be the odd new addition returning like Stones into central defence, will he replace Walker with the Liverpool lad? in central Midfield it needs to tighten up as we still looked suspect, also will he shuffle the attack around and leave out either Sancho or Hudson-Odi and bring Rashford back in.
These are very exciting and long overdue times ahead for the National team, we are now playing a brand of fast flowing passing football seldom seen by an England team in recent times, but to cap it all we need to bring back the bacon which will be the First time in over Half a Century, and then push on for the Big tournaments ahead.
Old 29-03-2019, 04:25 PM
I love Banging

Banger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBanger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am going to the England v Holland game - flying into Vigo and then catching a bus to Braga - Guimaraes is a short Uber from there! UEFA have put a few more tickets on sale today for this game plus loads of tickets available for the other game and final. Should be a good trip
Old 29-03-2019, 04:31 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
I am going to the England v Holland game - flying into Vigo and then catching a bus to Braga - Guimaraes is a short Uber from there! UEFA have put a few more tickets on sale today for this game plus loads of tickets available for the other game and final. Should be a good trip
These still available?