Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 20-04-2019, 04:21 PM

Since 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge end eagle View Post
Yep we could get this guy and another cb with the fee we get for sakho
Sakho is a top class player, his partnership with Tomkins is the best CB partnership we have had for years. Selling him for a inexperienced player or players just doesn't make any sense.
Old 20-04-2019, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
Sakho is a top class player, his partnership with Tomkins is the best CB partnership we have had for years. Selling him for a inexperienced player or players just doesn't make any sense.
Selling him and Wilf in the same summer would certainly be risky.
Old 21-04-2019, 12:39 AM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think if Wilf goes a few others may want out, there were already rumblings about Sakho going earlier this season.
Old 22-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Commentator in the Bees v Leeds game just mentioned we're the latest side to be 'strongly linked' with Konsa.

He's exactly the sort of player we should be targeting, along with Dan James at Swansea and Che Adams at Birmingham.
Old 22-04-2019, 06:55 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Commentator in the Bees v Leeds game just mentioned we're the latest side to be 'strongly linked' with Konsa.

He's exactly the sort of player we should be targeting, along with Dan James at Swansea and Che Adams at Birmingham.

Quite like that Sergi Canos.
Old 22-04-2019, 11:44 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:

He might be good in a couple of years time , he might not be . But Hector at Sheffield Wed is ready now !!
Old 23-04-2019, 12:37 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
He might be good in a couple of years time , he might not be . But Hector at Sheffield Wed is ready now !!
Hector looked awful when I saw him the other week.
Old 23-04-2019, 01:24 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

YES,,,, good player who is ******* lightening quick.
Old 23-04-2019, 09:06 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hector looked awful when I saw him the other week.
Which game ? Watched him earlier in season and his last few games . Certainly not in those .
Old 23-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Very young thick ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Which game ? Watched him earlier in season and his last few games . Certainly not in those .
I can't remember the opposition but he looked like a loose cannon. Was lucky not to get sent off.
Old 23-04-2019, 11:46 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
It would be wrong to make judgement on a player i saw for the First time yesterday on tv, but Konsa did not look anything special as the player that could step into the boots of Sakho should he leave especially with the very good partnership he formed with Tomkins.
I may be totally wrong but the premiership is a whole new ball game, however if Sakho was to stay and Konsa was coming in as a squad member then no problems as it gives him time to settle in and Palace a chance to assess his ability at this level.
What i did see and he enhanced my opinion of him further is the superb striking instincts of Maupay, he is JUST what we need possibly in the "10" role behind Benteke, he has good movement and shoot on sight reactions reminding me so much of a young Michael Owen, and his 27 goals this season confirms his quality. HE is the player we should snap up early summer before he goes elsewhere, also what about Canos? he looks just the squad addition we need to put serious pressure on Townsend, he looked very impressive similar type to Delafeau in trickery movement and pace, and if Freedman has been watching Konsa as we hear then surely he could not have failed to notice these Two? i hope not.
Old 23-04-2019, 12:29 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sakho posses a bit of a dilemma for us. He's a very good CB and has formed a good partnership with Tomkins. The problem is that we paid a lot for him and he's on (presumably) good wages. He's injury prone and not getting any younger. Tomkins is also injury prone.

To complicate matters further Sakho has indicated his desire to leave in order to win trophies and/or compete in europe. He hasn't caused us any problems that I'm aware of but does have some previous. An issue is that none of the big six will want him and at 29 yrs old I don't see any signifcant team in europe paying our asking price. We may be stuck with one another.

If someone offered us £20+ million for him which allowed us to replace him with two younger CB's who could grow into the role with Tomkins, Kelly and Dann in front of them it would solve our depth at CB and remove some of the injury problems at that position. If we're elucky we may even find that one of them grows into a very good PL CB. These are the kind of deals we'll need to make in order to progress.
Old 23-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Sakho posses a bit of a dilemma for us. He's a very good CB and has formed a good partnership with Tomkins. The problem is that we paid a lot for him and he's on (presumably) good wages. He's injury prone and not getting any younger. Tomkins is also injury prone.

To complicate matters further Sakho has indicated his desire to leave in order to win trophies and/or compete in europe. He hasn't caused us any problems that I'm aware of but does have some previous. An issue is that none of the big six will want him and at 29 yrs old I don't see any signifcant team in europe paying our asking price. We may be stuck with one another.

If someone offered us £20+ million for him which allowed us to replace him with two younger CB's who could grow into the role with Tomkins, Kelly and Dann in front of them it would solve our depth at CB and remove some of the injury problems at that position. If we're elucky we may even find that one of them grows into a very good PL CB. These are the kind of deals we'll need to make in order to progress.
If we sell Sakho we will need to sign a first choice centre back. It would be good if we can also invest in a young up and coming player, but I don't think we can afford to get two of them in and use Dann or Kelly as first choice.
Old 23-04-2019, 03:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
If we sell Sakho we will need to sign a first choice centre back. It would be good if we can also invest in a young up and coming player, but I don't think we can afford to get two of them in and use Dann or Kelly as first choice.
Webster at Bristol City is a good call that Peter Lane made on another thread.
Old 23-04-2019, 06:51 PM

PemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
An issue is that none of the big six will want him and at 29 yrs old I don't see any signifcant team in europe paying our asking price. We may be stuck with one another.

Arsenal would be massively improved with Sakho instead of Mustafi.

I hope he stays here though.
Old 26-04-2019, 05:12 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
Arsenal would be massively improved with Sakho instead of Mustafi.

I hope he stays here though.
I think i would be an upgrade on Mustafi!
Old 03-05-2019, 12:38 PM

costello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is here
Brentford-supporting friend of mine reckons Konsa is fantastic. Is it my imagination or do Charlton bring through a lot more young players than us?
Old 03-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Brentford-supporting friend of mine reckons Konsa is fantastic. Is it my imagination or do Charlton bring through a lot more young players than us?
They have recently, possibly because playing in the lower leagues makes it easier and more of a necessity.

But there's no doubt that we're missing a huge opportunity in not making more of the huge talent pool in South London.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
They have recently, possibly because playing in the lower leagues makes it easier and more of a necessity.

But there's no doubt that we're missing a huge opportunity in not making more of the huge talent pool in South London.
Charlton established great relationships within the schools within the borough of Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham when they were in the prem. Shoved out a lot of free tickets for kids and run Charlton Branded Soccer Camps.

A lot of them still stand today. Their are a lot of good grammar schools, particularly in Bexley that promote sport and most of the top kids end up playing for Charlton.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
I can think of 5 or 6 that are in the Premier League now, but that includes Arter who is hardly a youngster. Necessity will mean their own team will probably have more academy players (which is great) but at most teams, over time they get squeezed out in the top flight and struggle to break through. Some teams go through periods where lots come through at the top level, but that seems very cyclical.