Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
He had 2 years left, not one.

Palace don't want to block the path of Tyrick Mitchell, which will be one of the reasons for not being in the mix here (among others, I'm sure).

Edit: ignore, didn't realise Justin was primarily a RB...

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere

Last edited by Woosie; 28-06-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 28-06-2019, 08:44 PM

Jman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
He had 2 years left, not one.

Palace don't want to block the path of Tyrick Mitchell, which will be one of the reasons for not being in the mix here (among others, I'm sure).
Mitchell plays LB - is he good enough to be back up for PVA?
Old 28-06-2019, 08:51 PM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
He's strong, powerful, quick and skillful. Highly thought of but still looks a bit raw from what I've seen.

AWBs super slide tackle made him stand out, but that was unique so trying to make another young defender break through in the same way may be tough but we'll never know unless he's around the first team and given a chance.

Too soon not to sign a Justin type player for me to consider blocking Mitchell's path, but makes sense logically and if Mitchell was to have s few games and stand out as AWB did initially then would make sense
Old 28-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
Apologies, I thought Justin was a LB.

To answer your question, not just yet, but give it 6-12 months and there's a good chance he will be.

Old 28-06-2019, 09:07 PM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

To answer your question, not just yet, but give it 6-12 months and there's a good chance he will be.
So you think left back cover is low priority then?
Old 28-06-2019, 09:27 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaceguard View Post
So you think left back cover is low priority then?
Yes. RB and ST the areas being primarily targeted

Old 28-06-2019, 10:04 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
If that's the case then I guess we can expect to see a few u23s getting a chance. I kinda dig that.
Old 28-06-2019, 10:08 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is ST a striker? I'd have assumed we need a creative midfielder as a priority?
Old 28-06-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Ah maybe we messed up not getting Justin then!
Old 29-06-2019, 01:32 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Is ST a striker? I'd have assumed we need a creative midfielder as a priority?
We're Palace. We don't do creative midfielders.
Old 29-06-2019, 02:04 AM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Quote:
I trust that is ST in the plural........
Old 29-06-2019, 03:12 AM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought there was a good RB in the academy or is he still too young?
Old 29-06-2019, 09:11 AM

Son of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Shacker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gone to Leicester
Old 29-06-2019, 10:16 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:

That is a very bold statement to make, stepping up from Youth football to the premiership would be a fabulous achievement even if it was to take 12 months, but then look at AWB? so anything is possible i suppose.
Maybe i am being pessimistic as i have seen many of our "emerging stars" fail to step up to the next level, but we need to change that trend.
Old 29-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
That is a very bold statement to make, stepping up from Youth football to the premiership would be a fabulous achievement even if it was to take 12 months, but then look at AWB? so anything is possible i suppose.
Maybe i am being pessimistic as i have seen many of our "emerging stars" fail to step up to the next level, but we need to change that trend.
Look at it a different way, who was saying Zaha and AWB were Uber high potential players on their way up.

Player development is not linear.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
I don't think Mitchell should be categorised as an "emerging star". It's hard to judge potential but I think he's got the potential to be a Premier League player in the next 12 months. that doesn't mean playing week-in, week-out and being like Wan-Bissaka, just that if you put him in the team in 12 months there's a decent chance he won't let you down anymore than say Van Aanholt would who has been terrible for 8 months.

Palace seem to have a similar view as he'll be with the first team during pre-season and then they'll decide whether or not to loan him out or keep him in and around the first team like with Dreher and AWB.

Bringing it back on topic, there's not much point going for a player like Justin if it's going to block the path of a young player who you think may be able to fill a gap in the coming seasons. Obviously in this case it wouldn't have done that as we have no young RBs at all except at U16 level, but as a general principle...

Old 30-06-2019, 10:52 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Depressing that he might go elsewhere whilst Cpfc allegedly close to signing Clyne ( please no )
Old 11-07-2019, 02:34 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
This article suggest we’re were in for him but Leicester were more decisive.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-07-2019, 02:46 PM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd love us to start taking this approach and bring in good young players with potential.

They're worth a lot more after a couple of good seasons and if you get relegated, they're not on massive packages and more likely to stay and help you go up.

Leicester seem to have a lot of youth talent on their books.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Surely not? can they really be asking 7.5m for a player that has experience only at lower league football and is unknown to most.....
Cough...Sorloth.....

Tbh, given up on knowing what is value or not.