Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-05-2019, 07:23 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL: Arsenal v Chelsea

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The first, and lesser, of the all English european finals.

Two London clubs playing at a conveniently chosen neutral venue in Azerbaijan.

One of the things that has been playing on my mind in the build up to this, and I’m sure all football fans too is...why in all the listings and adverts for the game are Chelsea named before Arsenal??? I didn’t get a great education, but I’m pretty sure A comes before C or is Baku considered a home from home for Chelsea? Rightly, not far from Russia.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Unregistered User

tomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettomlig came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chelsea were drawn as the "home" team, hence the way it appears in the listings, scoreboard, etc...
Old 29-05-2019, 09:39 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I'm finding it very hard to give a shit about this match, doubt I'll bother watch, I absolutely hate Chelsea, filthy, horrible club but I don't want to see Arsenal win anything either. Can anyone give me a reason why I should?
Old 29-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I'm finding it very hard to give a shit about this match, doubt I'll bother watch, I absolutely hate Chelsea, filthy, horrible club but I don't want to see Arsenal win anything either. Can anyone give me a reason why I should?
might be a good game?
Old 29-05-2019, 09:51 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Why is the stadium called the Baku Olympic stadium when the Olympics have never been held there nor will they ever be held there?
Old 29-05-2019, 09:56 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
It’s football
You can’t just not watch a game if you don’t like the teams playing
Should be a decent game, arsenal need it badly
I know a number of both sets of fans, so looking forward to some mocking come Thursday morning, either way
Old 29-05-2019, 10:05 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
It’s football
I know a number of both sets of fans, so looking forward to some mocking come Thursday morning, either way
Hmmm yeah I know and I do love football regardless of who's playing but it's always more enjoyable if you pick a side, I just can't want Chelsea to win so it has to be Arsenal... but I really enjoy watching Arsenal not win things and if they win I somehow think that might help the Wilf transfer to happen
Old 29-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
It’s football
I've said before that I'm not a football fan, and find it very difficult to sit and watch anything other than Palace and England matches in tournaments. I find it rather dull most of the time, unless I have some kind of "investment" in the match or teams playing - I can just about manage other matches that have an impact on Palace.

I will probably keep track on the game, but doubt I'll watch it (unless it ends up going to penalties - everyone loves a shootout).
Old 29-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Got to be Arsenal over Chelsea for me any day.
Old 29-05-2019, 11:02 AM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
What time is kick off and what channel is it on?
Old 29-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
If Arsenal win they get in the Champions League. They do that then I think it's a case of bye bye Wilf
Old 29-05-2019, 11:12 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
What time is kick off and what channel is it on?
Sky 8pm - which is 11pm out there
Old 29-05-2019, 11:19 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Should be on freeview and youtube as BT normally let everyone watch for free.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 29-05-2019, 11:28 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
From a club perspective, I want Chelsea to win meaning it less likely Wilf will go to Arsenal. From a personal preference, I'd prefer Arsenal.
Old 29-05-2019, 11:37 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think Chelsea because Arsenal TV is always good when they loose. Not sure about Chelsea TV.
Old 29-05-2019, 11:40 AM

S.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
From a club perspective, I want Chelsea to win meaning it less likely Wilf will go to Arsenal. From a personal preference, I'd prefer Arsenal.
Same here, I am, reluctantly, going to hope Chelsea win.

However, have a feeling the Arse are so tight they will not cough up enough to buy Wilf even if they win.
Old 29-05-2019, 11:43 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Such a stupid time to show it. UEFA making a big song and dance of making the Europa Cup inclusive across all regions by hosting in Baku, if you going to do that at least make it accommodating to the country hosting it at a sensible time. Im sure most of us in western Europe would of been happy with a 18:00 BST/19:00 CEST kick off for example.
Old 29-05-2019, 12:21 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
From a club perspective, I want Chelsea to win meaning it less likely Wilf will go to Arsenal. .
We need Arsenal to be as skint as possible, it worries me they want and need Wilf.
Old 29-05-2019, 12:34 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Sky haven’t got the rights for European football
Old 29-05-2019, 12:36 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
If Arsenal win they get in the Champions League. They do that then I think it's a case of bye bye Wilf
Yep, unfortunately we need Liverpool to win the CL aswell