Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Just seen Dawson to Twatford. Absolutely perfect fit, match made in heaven. A thoroughly nasty and violent thug to a club which makes no secret of valuing such errm attributes highly.

Nobody's just desserts would be better served by relegation. Scum player to scum club.

In the meantime his next attempt to break a goalkeeper's nose will be on candid camera.
Watford really are doing what they can to make us hate them!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:34 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Watford really are doing what they can to make us hate them!
Noddy club
Old 02-07-2019, 09:05 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Rashford new contract worth 200k a week ffs
Old 02-07-2019, 11:01 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
As much as he is hated on the BBS by some, but the fact is like him or not but Dawson was an excellent signing (just wish it was Palace) and at £5m makes it even more remarkable, a great bit of business by Watford regardless what some think of the club.
I am amazed the progress Watford have made in the past couple of seasons and now look capable of being a solid well run comfortable Top Ten club, i have been impressed by the good mix of football their excellent manager has adapted who knows their strengths but also limitations and has adapted accordingly, it is a perfect blend of attacking play with flair and also solidity and hardness, its a club that plays to their strengths like them or not.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:52 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
£5.5 m for Dawson is a good deal for Watford . He can play central defence and full back and much as he is disliked by us for the Speroni incident , he is a player I wouldn't mind having in our squad .
Old 02-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Am interested in where a couple of players end up..

Michael Hector, signed for Chelsea in 2015 (ahead of us) never played for them, had a decent loan spell at Wednesday

George Boyd, Palace fan, a decent free for someone having left Wednesday, just hoping he doesn't end up at clowns or wall
Old 02-07-2019, 04:38 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Am interested in where a couple of players end up..

Michael Hector, signed for Chelsea in 2015 (ahead of us) never played for them, had a decent loan spell at Wednesday

George Boyd, Palace fan, a decent free for someone having left Wednesday, just hoping he doesn't end up at clowns or wall
I wonder if he might struggle to find a new club & end up waiting by the phone at Hector's House...
Old 02-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I always wanted us to sign Hector, Simone Zaza and Kike' for the full set
Old 02-07-2019, 05:39 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Some good business for Lyon this summer!

First they sold LB Ferland Mendy To Real Madrid for €48m. They paid Le Havre €5m for him 2 years ago! (He'd played 47 games in Ligue 2 for Le Havre).

Today they've sold Tanguy Ndombele to Spurs for €62m having paid Amiens €8m two years ago! (He'd played 30 games in Ligue 2 and 3 in Ligue 1 for Amiens).

Don't tell me there aren't bargains to be had in French football.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Some good business for Lyon this summer!

First they sold LB Ferland Mendy To Real Madrid for €48m. They paid Le Havre €5m for him 2 years ago! (He'd played 47 games in Ligue 2 for Le Havre).

Today they've sold Tanguy Ndombele to Spurs for €62m having paid Amiens €8m two years ago! (He'd played 30 games in Ligue 2 and 3 in Ligue 1 for Amiens).

Don't tell me there aren't bargains to be had in French football.
Bloody hell.

How many players do Lyon go through to get those? Do they buy and store a lot of young kids to find the odd big sale or is it a pretty good success rate?
Old 02-07-2019, 06:22 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Bloody hell.

How many players do Lyon go through to get those? Do they buy and store a lot of young kids to find the odd big sale or is it a pretty good success rate?
Lyon are a very well-run club from top to bottom.
Their "Académie" has brought through loads of players over the years: Benzema and Ben Arfa are probably the best known but there are also Ludovic Giuly, Nabil Fekir (still at Lyon but for how long?), Alexandre Lacazette, Sidney Govou, Houssem Aouar (still at the club) and Samuel Umtiti!
Then they also buy young talented players for what the French call "post formation" to finish off their development. Such players are Lucas Tousart (an U21 international) who cost Lyon €2m when he was 18 and Maxwel Cornet (he played alongside Wilf last night for Ivory Coast) and who cost Lyon €400,000 when he was 18 too. There are others too.
Martin Terrier and Léo Dubois were also bough last summer and are still young. Dubois won his first full cap this summer for France.
And then there are the ones that got away ...
Lyon "signed" Anthony Martial when he was about 14 or 15 and unwillingly"had" to sell him to Monaco (€5m when he was 18) when they were in need of a bit of cash.
Then there's Willem Guebbels who signed for Monaco last summer for €20m at the age of 17. He became a right Billy Big Bollox asking for silly money. Lyon refused so off he went! He was injured most of last season.

The next Lyon players to look out for amongst loads of U15s, U16s and U17s etc are Amine Gouiri "the new Benzema" and a midfielder I like the look of called Maxence Caqueret.

Not to mention the women's team which has won the CL 6 times including the last 4 on the trot.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Lyon are a very well-run club from top to bottom.
Their "Académie" has brought through loads of players over the years: Benzema and Ben Arfa are probably the best known but there are also Ludovic Giuly, Nabil Fekir (still at Lyon but for how long?), Alexandre Lacazette, Sidney Govou, Houssem Aouar (still at the club) and Samuel Umtiti!
Then they also buy young talented players for what the French call "post formation" to finish off their development. Such players are Lucas Tousart (an U21 international) who cost Lyon €2m when he was 18 and Maxwel Cornet (he played alongside Wilf last night for Ivory Coast) and who cost Lyon €400,000 when he was 18 too. There are others too.
Martin Terrier and Léo Dubois were also bough last summer and are still young. Dubois won his first full cap this summer for France.
And then there are the ones that got away ...
Lyon "signed" Anthony Martial when he was about 14 or 15 and unwillingly"had" to sell him to Monaco (€5m when he was 18) when they were in need of a bit of cash.
Then there's Willem Guebbels who signed for Monaco last summer for €20m at the age of 17. He became a right Billy Big Bollox asking for silly money. Lyon refused so off he went! He was injured most of last season.

The next Lyon players to look out for amongst loads of U15s, U16s and U17s etc are Amine Gouiri "the new Benzema" and a midfielder I like the look of called Maxence Caqueret.

Not to mention the women's team which has won the CL 6 times including the last 4 on the trot.
Shame we don't have a scouting network to pick up any of these players.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Shame we don't have a scouting network to pick up any of these players.
What's Real Madrids excuse
Old 02-07-2019, 11:28 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Perez off to Leicester for £30M from Newcastle
Old 02-07-2019, 11:32 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
The world is mad
Old 03-07-2019, 12:01 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Newcastle implosion continues
Old 03-07-2019, 12:24 AM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wilf’s gotta be livid at Leicester for this. If Perez is worth £30m there’s not a cat in hells chance he can argue he’s worth less than £200m minimum
Old 03-07-2019, 12:40 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Utterly bizzare, he’s not even good, and most Toon fans I know agree. Had one hot scoring run at the end of last season but that’s it. Don’t see where he starts for Leicester, with Vardy occupying striker and Maddison CAM. Long term heir to Vardy? They should be looking for better if that’s it.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:44 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Despite that being a great deal for a player of average quality, Newcastle fans must be worried. Ashley will probably pocket the money and no replacement will be seen.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Ayoze Perez on his way to Leicester for £30M.

Clinton Morrison