Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
Do modern cars with all their computers etc. keep a record of speeds, like an aircraft's black box?
I don't know if it sounds like a stupid question, but I have wondered this myself actually.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
Do modern cars with all their computers etc. keep a record of speeds, like an aircraft's black box?
Crash investigators can get a pretty accurate idea of speeds after an accident by skid marks in the road, impact damage etc.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:29 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The Police day the car was doing 237 km per hour when the wheel blew.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Bloody hell. That's 147mph!

Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I don't know much about cars, but aren't those Mercedes Brabus things effectively customised and souped-up boy racer-mobiles, sort of 'Pimp My Ride' jobs? Apologies if I am wrong.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:17 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
The Police day the car was doing 237 km per hour when the wheel blew.
Bloody sad to hear. Reckless none the less though.

Im for this fact being stated and agree with Canizares, Ive seen people die infront of me due to reckless speeding, it’s not something that leaves you. People need to realise that it’s not worth speeding.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
I don't know much about cars, but aren't those Mercedes Brabus things effectively customised and souped-up boy racer-mobiles, sort of 'Pimp My Ride' jobs? Apologies if I am wrong.

Its one of these beasts.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
Bloody sad to hear. Reckless none the less though.

Im for this fact being stated and agree with Canizares, Ive seen people die infront of me due to reckless speeding, it’s not something that leaves you. People need to realise that it’s not worth speeding.
But on the day they are killed?

Old 04-06-2019, 12:52 AM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
But on the day they are killed?
I think I know what you mean.

Only if we people understand the true danger of driving in general, let alone speeding; will less deaths happen. We cant save Reyes but if we speak the truth like Canizares maybe there is a chance of future less incidences.

It’s almost more important to draw attention to his reckless driving to make an impression. These accidents happen everyday but it takes a celebrity to listen. Driving dangerously is putting other people at risk... he is no hero in this incident.

It sounds harsh but my sympathy disappears as soon as I hear he was driving this fast.

Last edited by Wayne Andrews is God; 04-06-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Old skool BBSer

Yes, but to make his comments within hours of Reyes death was shit, imho.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:16 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
what if it was Reyes' cousin that was driving and killed him, what would have been reaction then?
Old 04-06-2019, 10:18 AM
www.chrisbrownjazz.com

Chrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well with them having been teammates and knowing each other fairly well my initial thought was that Canizares must have been in a car with him at some point when he was driving like a lunatic and been on his case about it. Otherwise it does seem pretty out of the blue and weird for him to say such a thing so quickly.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:25 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
I presume a journalist asked him for his reaction, no?
Old 04-06-2019, 10:26 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
what if it was Reyes' cousin that was driving and killed him, what would have been reaction then?
Exactly.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I presume a journalist asked him for his reaction, no?
No, Canizares tweeted his comments. He has been fairly roundly condemned for it in the Spanish press.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissayy View Post
Well with them having been teammates and knowing each other fairly well my initial thought was that Canizares must have been in a car with him at some point when he was driving like a lunatic and been on his case about it. Otherwise it does seem pretty out of the blue and weird for him to say such a thing so quickly.
I don't think there was much love lost between the two of them when they were teamates.

Anyway, yes, Reyes was an idiot for driving like that and paid the ultimate prices, unfortunately so has his cousin. However, if it was one of your relatives who had died like this, would you appreciate an ex-work colleague basically stating it was their own fault for being an idiot so soon afterwards?

Old 04-06-2019, 09:56 PM

When do you say it? Lets not pretend, his driving: killed him,
other people and endangered more. If it was him or his cousin it doesnt change it, Im sad for the victims but he isnt one.

If you deliberately swam in shark infested waters than I would have no sympathy; for some reason people look the other way with reckless driving just because we all drive. Ive seen 6 people die in front of me in India from a similar incident, I detested people that speed excessively because Ive seen the consequences . I dont have any sympathy. Canizares is a rally driver and knows the dangers of driving.

You want to speed, dont do it on a public road. I think it’s bold he has spoke the truth and there is no better time to say it.

Last edited by Wayne Andrews is God; 04-06-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:53 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
What a load of rubbish. "Speeding" is just a definition and varies from both the type of road, conditions of the road itself, weather and many other variables. In Germany it is perfectly acceptable to drive at the speed mentioned, providing it is deemed reasonable for the conditions.

It sounds like this accident was a result of something in the road causing a tyre blow out. Regardless of whatever speed the car was going this could easily cause an accident and death, whether he was exceeding the local speed limit or not. Most accidents are primarily caused by careless driving, often by people driving within the speed limit. In fact the slower you drive the less you concentrate, hence why such a large percent of accidents are caused by lorry drivers.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
No other time to say it, people will forget by next week. It’s his honest reaction as was mind when I heard he was driving the speeds he was. We look the other way with speeding but it’s bloody reckless and selfish.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
What a load of rubbish. "Speeding" is just a definition and varies from both the type of road, conditions of the road itself, weather and many other variables. In Germany it is perfectly acceptable to drive at the speed mentioned, providing it is deemed reasonable for the conditions.

It sounds like this accident was a result of something in the road causing a tyre blow out. Regardless of whatever speed the car was going this could easily cause an accident and death, whether he was exceeding the local speed limit or not. Most accidents are primarily caused by careless driving, often by people driving within the speed limit. In fact the slower you drive the less you concentrate, hence why such a large percent of accidents are caused by lorry drivers.
He was double over the speed limit, if you want to look the other way than that’s up to you. If he had a blow out at a slower speed maybe he would be alive.