Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:02 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Scotland making a right go of this. Kind of hope they equalise.
The half-time methadone almost did the trick.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:04 PM
23 years for 6174 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is here
Two words...sour ...and ... grapes.
Never mind Scotland.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Phew. Game of 2 halves. Can't see us stopping France or the Yanks tbh. But early days.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Ron View Post
A few of ours, Bronze, Parris etc are technically decent and good luck to them in this tournament. However my wife and mother in law are watching this saying England look good and they’d give men’s sides a run for their money. They won’t hear it when I say any semi pro men’s side would wipe the floor with them. They even suggested they’d give Palace a game and laughed when I said we’d beat them 10-0 at least.
There is no point in comparing them. Same with tennis, thought possibly a little closer there.

Same sport, different game as it were. I just enjoy it for what it is. Though outside of Palace, England and the top women's International teams, I wouldn't really watch it much tbh.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:51 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Germany and Norway going to give France and the US and run for their money.

They seem to be the best teams so far.

England, similarly to the men, are competitive but lacking that x-factor in the final third.

The goalies still make or break a team.

The number of Keepers beaten in the air and unable to catch and punch makes me think the best tactic for England is to cross the ball repeatedly
Old 09-06-2019, 09:06 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
No sense in comparing men and women in football, personally I just appreciate the game whoever is playing Years ago before it was fashionable for girls to play football one of my mates over Thornton Heath rec. was Ron Crisp who went on to have a pro career.

He had a kid sister who played just like the lads,good skills, control and technique etc but however good she was her lack of physicality meant that no one was at all tough on her.

Thank goodness for differences.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
The goalies still make or break a team.

The number of Keepers beaten in the air and unable to catch and punch makes me think the best tactic for England is to cross the ball repeatedly
Yeah, its a bit comical still! Standards have been improved no end the last few years, except in this rather critical area.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
No sense in comparing men and women in football, personally I just appreciate the game whoever is playing Years ago before it was fashionable for girls to play football one of my mates over Thornton Heath rec. was Ron Crisp who went on to have a pro career.

He had a kid sister who played just like the lads,good skills, control and technique etc but however good she was her lack of physicality meant that no one was at all tough on her.

Thank goodness for differences.
A friend's daughter used to play in one of the Palace girls teams who would regularly win by 10 goals against the other teams in their girls league, (their manager was Chris Powell's sister). Because of this they felt that she would get better competition if she instead played for a local boys team which she has done for the last few years. Their daughter is now 14 so I wonder how long she can continue to play against boys now that they're growing into men.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Did Phil Neville borrow one of Gareth Southgate's waistcoats ?
Old 09-06-2019, 11:22 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
Did Phil Neville borrow one of Gareth Southgate's waistcoats ?
I think they're the same bloke.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
. Their daughter is now 14 so I wonder how long she can continue to play against boys now that they're growing into men.
Up to U18s now I think. Not sure how many could cope with the physical nature of most leagues at that age group!
Old 10-06-2019, 12:00 AM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Ron View Post
What, like MOTD for the last 50 years ??
Like today
Old 10-06-2019, 04:02 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I don't think the fact it hit her arm is the problem... it is the intent that is in question.
They need to make all fouls in the penalty box indirect free kicks from the spot of the foul unless they deny a clear goalscoring chance, like a defender saving the shot with his hands or bringing down the attacker from behind as the last man.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
A friend's daughter used to play in one of the Palace girls teams who would regularly win by 10 goals against the other teams in their girls league, (their manager was Chris Powell's sister). Because of this they felt that she would get better competition if she instead played for a local boys team which she has done for the last few years. Their daughter is now 14 so I wonder how long she can continue to play against boys now that they're growing into men.
I think they have to stop at u13 level? or maybe the year after.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Up to U18s now I think. Not sure how many could cope with the physical nature of most leagues at that age group!
Really? Has that changed recently. My sons under 13 team this season just passed had to drop their girl player because they were told by the Sussex FA she couldn't play with them any more.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:56 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I think it varies by county. Our under 16s team in Lincolnshire has a couple of girls and there is no problem.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
We really do have the players to win this, But i don't think we have the Manager
Old 10-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Really? Has that changed recently. My sons under 13 team this season just passed had to drop their girl player because they were told by the Sussex FA she couldn't play with them any more.
I thought it was last season? Maybe even the one before. And off the top of my head, it was U16s at that point anyway, hasn't been U14s for a while?
Old 10-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I think it varies by county. Our under 16s team in Lincolnshire has a couple of girls and there is no problem.
Not sure county FAs can alter rules like that.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Lovely

Ah ok. It changed from 15 to 16 in 2014/15 and changed to 18 the next season apparently. Odd. I wonder if that applied to all county FAs.