Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-06-2019, 07:51 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
67 goals in 131 caps though?

Great comeback by Qatar.Missed the 2nd half but they had loads of chances in the first.
Only 14 of those goals have been in copa America or World cups though.... 1 in 4 at that level versus almost 2 in 3 in friendlies and 1 in 2 in qualifiers
Old 17-06-2019, 10:38 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Only 14 of those goals have been in copa America or World cups though.... 1 in 4 at that level versus almost 2 in 3 in friendlies and 1 in 2 in qualifiers
Fair point.Not an abject failure though by any stretch.
Old 17-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace View Post
Your Real Madrid panties are showing again.
He did try to retire from international football but there was uproar in the Argie press.
If Portugal didn't win Euro 2016 I guarantee you he wouldn't have come out of retirement. That glory on the International stage for Ronaldo really sticks in Messi's craw.
Old 18-06-2019, 03:06 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Chile beat Japan 4-0 in their opener.
Old 18-06-2019, 04:28 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
A familiar name from Palace's past doing studio work on Fox for the Concacaf Gold Cup... Jovan Kirovski. Looking rather dapper!
Old 18-06-2019, 04:28 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Chile beat Japan 4-0 in their opener.
did you get to see the game Peter?
Old 18-06-2019, 04:50 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I appreciate this thread is for the Copa America, but what the hey...

I was watching the Jamaica v Honduras game in the Gold Cup last night (very confusing having both competitions on at the same time), and Honduras scored an almost identical goal to the John Stones **** up against Holland.

See here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Oi! Start your own thread!
Old 19-06-2019, 04:20 AM
Ex-Connecticut

Cant get my head round this Brazil v VAR Venezuela game

3 or 4 goals (I've lost count tbh) disallowed by VAR.. actually fairly clear offsides, but the last one.. I still can't figure that last one out unless there was a handball.

Anyway Venezuela look like getting a very unlikely point having defended non-stop for 90 odd minutes. (much to the crowd's very vocal chagrin)

Last edited by CT_Palace; 19-06-2019 at 04:30 AM.
Old 19-06-2019, 06:24 AM
The Spiky One

I’m confused my the fact the ball came off a defender into the path of an offside player for the third one. Has that rule changed also?
Old 19-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I’m confused my the fact the ball came off a defender into the path of an offside player for the third one. Has that rule changed also?
I mean he was well offsides when the ball was shot, just because it deflected off the Venezuelan player doesn't mean he gets a free pass to be offsides.
Old 19-06-2019, 05:09 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
did you get to see the game Peter?
About half of it. I have tests for the upcoming games as well.
Old 20-06-2019, 12:20 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
VAR check - 3 minutes
Injury - 2 minutes
Injury - 2 minutes

Added time - 2 minutes

?
Old 20-06-2019, 12:48 AM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
I mean he was well offsides when the ball was shot, just because it deflected off the Venezuelan player doesn't mean he gets a free pass to be offsides.
Are we talking about the last Brazil goal that was disallowed?
For the life of me I cannot work out why they disallowed it.
Old 20-06-2019, 03:09 AM
Ex-Connecticut

snigger

Paraguay just scored
Old 20-06-2019, 03:18 AM
Ex-Connecticut

Brilliant and virtually non-stop feigning of various seemingly life threatening injuries

you have to laugh
Old 20-06-2019, 03:48 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Are we talking about the last Brazil goal that was disallowed?
For the life of me I cannot work out why they disallowed it.
The goal at 1:17? The guy is standing offside when the first shot is taken.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-06-2019, 04:37 AM
Ex-Connecticut

No. the goal that starts around 2:15. (85mins on the game clock)
As I said above there might have been a handball at 2:18 but the angles they showed last night were no way conclusive at all.
Old 20-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Ex-Connecticut

Argentina saved by VAR.
Another unbelievable handball decision. Not one single Argentina player claimed for the handball. (probably because there wasn't a handball).
Utter farce.
Old 20-06-2019, 12:49 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

James Rodriguez’s assist. What a player. Seems mad to me that he can’t find a home. Fair enough at Real Madrid where they’ve had the best midfield in Europe for most of the past four years, and even Isco can’t get a game, but seems like Bayern aren’t even keen on signing him permanently, despite him always performing well there as far as I can tell.