Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Yep better than Ayew at £4 mill imo.
If wages are in line with the fee, then this, all day long.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 17-06-2019, 09:30 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
We have Strikers that either do Not function or are constantly injured and on form over the past TWO years (what is it Five goals between them over the past 2 seasons) suggests they should be nowhere near being our 1st choice strikers.
So should we be looking for an upgrade on them as our main Centre Forward instead? especially after Six seasons of lucrative premiership money we should be looking constantly at improving on what we have and not just merely at backup options, which is what Jay Rodriguez will be.
It really is about time the Board took a fresh approach as to how we move forward as a club, yes i understand the usual excuse that crops up of not having the finances to compete and was hoping the introduction of the billionaire Americans would have solved our financial issues, but it was not to be.

This should be true but every indication is that we just don't have the money to spend 30m on a striker plus another 25 for their wages. (which is a reasonable estimate that many of the strikers mentions on here would cost.)

For a 4th choice striker/emergency winger I would be OK with Rodriguez (or Ayew). I think anyone better than this level will be a loan.
Old 17-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders View Post
Do you think Gayle was poor for us in the prem? I thought he was a brilliant squad player. A much better finisher than anyone currently on our books. If he was available for £5m you’d take him surely?
24 in 75 stacks up well in the grand scheme of things
Old 17-06-2019, 10:22 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
His Pl record, often playing wider is:

P 97(44) Mins 8807 (98 games) Goals 34 Assists 11

Not far off a goal or an assist every other game based on time played.

The question mark has always been his fitness and would you lose him to the treatment table more than the pitch ? 47 starts and 4135 minutes played last season suggests he is fit now.

Has scored 15 goals in 1 PL season, the only player we have who can claim that is Benteke. IMO Rodriguez is best suited to a 4-3-3 whereas we will play 4-4-2 but if he is available for £5m there will be quite a few clubs in for him and we should be one of them.
Old 17-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
We wanted him last year but there were worries over the racism row with Bong at Brighton. Jason Puncheon even vouched for him but I assume we couldn’t make our minds up & he stayed at WBA.

I’d have him or Welbeck. Both players with pedigree who have just had horrible luck with injuries - can also play up top or out wide which is a massive bonus. Pochettino apparently rates Rodriguez massively from his time managing him at Southampton - that’s good enough for me.
Old 17-06-2019, 10:50 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
This should be true but every indication is that we just don't have the money to spend 30m on a striker plus another 25 for their wages. (which is a reasonable estimate that many of the strikers mentions on here would cost.)

For a 4th choice striker/emergency winger I would be OK with Rodriguez (or Ayew). I think anyone better than this level will be a loan.
Under normal situations having Rodriguez even as 3rd choice striker would be more than acceptable providing our First choice strikers scored an acceptable number of goals, but they dont, so JR will be looked upon as First choice striker which i feel would not be an upgrade.
The main point i was making was, with ALL the strikers we have put together (excluding Zaha) have scored less than Half a dozen goals between them in the past Two years is unacceptable, which suggests it is not a squad striker that is our priority but a Main starting striker capable of scoring around 12 goals a season.
Off course it is not that simple to just pluck one out especially at an affordable fee, but they are out there either at home or abroad as many many clubs have proved. We have been fortunate to have got away with ourlack of goals for the past few seasons, but if we continue not scoring goals it will spell trouble at some stage with the only alternative being relegation, and the cost of that would be unthinkable.
If the Board states there are very limited funds to spend, then it could be the only alternative is to sacrifice one of our stars to raise the money and that for me unfortunately is AWB, hence why i previously suggested if we were to offer Man Utd the player they desperately want at a sensible fee of say £40m plus Dalot, who would be an excellent young replacement for AWB, but also provides the additional funds to bring in a very promising young striker like Maupay for around 18m, but could also help part fund the purchase OR if that was not possible, then funding for a seasons loan fee and wages to bring in a player who proved he can slot in and score goals for us, Batshuayi.
The outlay for the Board in funding it would be minimal if anything at all, and in return we would have a replacement for AWB and bringing in TWO Strikers capable of scoring goals, it also allows us (if possible) to sell Benteke to raise further funds and also save a hefty wage, and allow us to have Wickham and Sorloth as the additional squad strikers.
Old 17-06-2019, 11:01 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders View Post
Do you think Gayle was poor for us in the prem? I thought he was a brilliant squad player. A much better finisher than anyone currently on our books. If he was available for £5m you’d take him surely?
the thickest player we've had in my 40 years of supporting the club.

When he didn't have time to think, he was an instinctive finisher. When he had time to think was when the problems started. Who can forget the Cabaye penalty saga and the red bull induced first half sending off. Total madness......
Old 17-06-2019, 11:12 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
We wanted him last year but there were worries over the racism row with Bong at Brighton. Jason Puncheon even vouched for him but I assume we couldn’t make our minds up & he stayed at WBA.

I’d have him or Welbeck. Both players with pedigree who have just had horrible luck with injuries - can also play up top or out wide which is a massive bonus. Pochettino apparently rates Rodriguez massively from his time managing him at Southampton - that’s good enough for me.
I'd have both. Certainly wouldn't be spending £30m and £200k/week on Batshuayi or £30m on Mitrovic.
Old 17-06-2019, 12:09 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
He is cheap but his best days are well and truly behind him. He would fall into the category of another non-goalscoring forward on our books.
Old 17-06-2019, 12:14 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
He is cheap but his best days are well and truly behind him. He would fall into the category of another non-goalscoring forward on our books.
Why do you say non-goalscoring? His record doesn't suggest that at all.
Old 17-06-2019, 12:24 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
What is this based on?
My WBA season ticket holder friend says he is pure class & Premier League standard.
Old 17-06-2019, 12:37 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is here
No thanks.
Old 18-06-2019, 02:05 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Would be a good signing
Old 18-06-2019, 12:50 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianace View Post
What is this based on?
My WBA season ticket holder friend says he is pure class & Premier League standard.
Mine says otherwise and I’ve watched a fair bit of WBA in the last 18 months . Now too slow in movement and thought for the prem I think. Would rather keep Ayew than him

Last edited by aj4england; 18-06-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 18-06-2019, 02:40 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
We've spent a lot of money on Sakho, Benteke and Zaha (wages) along with lesser but significant costs of Townsend, Luka, PVA, Tomkins, Kouyate, Schlupp, Reidewald. If costs of these transfers are spread over the duration of the contract its no wonder we have little to spend.

So we need free transfers, loans and cheap deals such as with Sorloth, Meyer, Guaita, Ayew, Batshuiyi. Some will work, others won't. Given we have only a few loan spots and presumably very little to spend on transfers it becomes a question of risk.

How risky is Rodriguez? £5 million fee and a 3 year deal only to have him injured for most of it is a significant risk to our ability to strenghen. A fit Rodriguez who is no longer up to PL football is almost as bad as being injured. We can only have a few aging players with injury histories in the squad (Sakho, Tomkins, Souare, Wickham).

He's 30 next month and was underwhelming in his last PL season. My view is that any player over 30 with a history of long term injury should be exluded from consideration. I'd rather resign Ayew on loan - younger, cheaper and presumably fits in with the squad. His goals+Assists/minutes for us last season are similar to Rodriguez's last PL season, although he had far fewer opportunities to play so its difficult to compare.
Old 18-06-2019, 03:03 PM

TennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
We've spent a lot of money on Sakho, Benteke and Zaha (wages) along with lesser but significant costs of Townsend, Luka, PVA, Tomkins, Kouyate, Schlupp, Reidewald. If costs of these transfers are spread over the duration of the contract its no wonder we have little to spend.

So we need free transfers, loans and cheap deals such as with Sorloth, Meyer, Guaita, Ayew, Batshuiyi. Some will work, others won't. Given we have only a few loan spots and presumably very little to spend on transfers it becomes a question of risk.

How risky is Rodriguez? £5 million fee and a 3 year deal only to have him injured for most of it is a significant risk to our ability to strenghen. A fit Rodriguez who is no longer up to PL football is almost as bad as being injured. We can only have a few aging players with injury histories in the squad (Sakho, Tomkins, Souare, Wickham).

He's 30 next month and was underwhelming in his last PL season. My view is that any player over 30 with a history of long term injury should be exluded from consideration. I'd rather resign Ayew on loan - younger, cheaper and presumably fits in with the squad. His goals+Assists/minutes for us last season are similar to Rodriguez's last PL season, although he had far fewer opportunities to play so its difficult to compare.
He was scoring at nearly 1 in 2 in the championship last season and got 7 goals in an awful WBA side in the Prem the season before. Where are people getting the idea he's finished? He's played a lot of games last two seasons aswell so doesn't seem affected by injuries any more than Kelly would have before joining us.

I've no idea whether or not he's still much good, but I've always rated him when I've seen him personally. Cheap, versatile, gets goals and would be a better option than Ayew for that amount of money.
Old 18-06-2019, 03:45 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I'd have both. Certainly wouldn't be spending £30m and £200k/week on Batshuayi or £30m on Mitrovic.
you wont be saying that when we havent scored for 10 games

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 18-06-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post

You ignore that there were a lot of transfers we made that we are no longer paying for in the accounts. We also stripped a lot off the wage bill last summer and this summer we are losing another big chunk. There is room to move but it will also suit us to appear skint as other clubs won't take the mickey as much.
Old 18-06-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
you wont be saying that when we havent scored for 10 games
Why do you think Rodriguez would not score?
Old 18-06-2019, 04:13 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I rate JR, good player... can play a few positions as well.