Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-06-2019, 11:15 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Which English managers have finished in the top 4 of the Premier League? None have won it, I know that for sure.

Keegan - Newcastle
Ron Atkinson - Aston Villa
Roy Evans - Liverpool
Harry Redknapp - Spurs

anyone else?
Howard Wilkinson - Leeds 92 Premier League Champions
Old 25-06-2019, 11:17 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Howard Wilkinson - Leeds 92 Premier League Champions
I stand corrected. That was the season before the Premier League old first division.
Old 25-06-2019, 11:29 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Not a fan of the man, but Morris will be pivitol to Frank as he knows the youth set up from top to bottom and did a top job with them previosuly. As much as I hate Chelsea this would be the perfect opportunity to finally blood some of the youngsters, and I think this will make it even harder for us to secure Reece James who would be perfect for us.
Old 27-06-2019, 09:23 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
I've always been amazed at how some owners/directors think a great player will be a great manager. So often, not true. eg Bryan Robson, Roy Keane.

However I think Lamps could well be a good manager (just a hunch) and I think he will be in an almost no lose situation at Chelsea given the transfer embargo which gives him an excuse and the love he will feel from the fans. Clearly a big call for him though, given the average length of service of the last few managers.
Robson was decent for afew years. Won promotion twice, got to 3 cup finals and came 9th in the Premiership and oversaw Middlesborough changing into a modern club with international signings. It went south after that but initially he was good.

Last edited by Wayne Andrews is God; 27-06-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 27-06-2019, 09:48 PM

M Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
I've always been amazed at how some owners/directors think a great player will be a great manager. So often, not true. eg Bryan Robson, Roy Keane.

However I think Lamps could well be a good manager (just a hunch) and I think he will be in an almost no lose situation at Chelsea given the transfer embargo which gives him an excuse and the love he will feel from the fans. Clearly a big call for him though, given the average length of service of the last few managers.
The vast majority of British people involved in football lack intelligence and the attributes to manage at the highest level.

In most other countries former players do pretty well.

Thankfully for England (eventually) Frank is an exception.
Old 27-06-2019, 10:09 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Said befor on here. I know I’m in a minority, but I quite like Lampard. I don’t understand the hatred towards him from all areas of the footballing pyramid.
Old 27-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Said befor on here. I know I’m in a minority, but I quite like Lampard. I don’t understand the hatred towards him from all areas of the footballing pyramid.
Me neither. Always seemed a decent bloke
Old 27-06-2019, 11:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Padovano View Post
The vast majority of British people involved in football lack intelligence and the attributes to manage at the highest level.

In most other countries former players do pretty well.

Thankfully for England (eventually) Frank is an exception.
I said this about Henry when he got the Monaco job. Genius on the pitch yes, but listen to his punditry and he’s a complete airhead. And voila, he was terrible.
Old 28-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Which English managers have finished in the top 4 of the Premier League? None have won it, I know that for sure.

Keegan - Newcastle
Roy Evans - Liverpool
Harry Redknapp - Spurs

anyone else?
Quite a few in the pre Champions League days such as Mike Walker (Norwich) and Frank Clark (Forest)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-06-2019, 02:29 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:

Keegan - Newcastle
Roy Evans - Liverpool
Harry Redknapp - Spurs

anyone else?
An Englishman won the Title the year before the ‘Premiership’.

Did really that much change in one year for it to not be considered?
Old 28-06-2019, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Lampard did OK with Derby. Lots of plaudits but ultimately lost in the play-offs so exactly the same as the club did the year before he arrived. Did he improve them? Maybe a bit but in terms of results no significant progress from the season's before.

Might be a great manager in the making but just as easily might not.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:00 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Breaking news: Lampard and Jody Morris excused from Derby training for next 48hrs; and on the assumption that Frank will take the Chelsea job, Derby are looking for a new manager.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:31 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
2 places in the top 6 up or grabs now Chelsea and United are settled for mid table.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 01-07-2019, 12:32 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Chelsea finished top four and won a Cup but the manager was not liked so FL has no chance of success unless the owner and fans are thinking long term, thats ok until the losses add up fans soon turn on the manager.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:12 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Cocu to Derby will be interesting
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 04-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Looks like this is done.
If I were a Chelsea fan I’d be happy for the first time in years you can watch without pressure. Play some kids, no expectations of signings. They’re too good to go down.
Would be good fun
Old 04-07-2019, 01:14 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Lampard did OK with Derby. Lots of plaudits but ultimately lost in the play-offs so exactly the same as the club did the year before he arrived. Did he improve them? Maybe a bit but in terms of results no significant progress from the season's before.

Might be a great manager in the making but just as easily might not.
He also had a much better squad this year than the previous season.
For me its a crazy appointment its the equivalent of Liverpool replacing Klopp with Gerrard or Man Utd replacing Mourinho with Solskjaer!
Old 04-07-2019, 01:58 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Looks like this is done.
If I were a Chelsea fan I’d be happy for the first time in years you can watch without pressure. Play some kids, no expectations of signings. They’re too good to go down.
Would be good fun
Yeah I thought that.

Free pass for lampard to learn big player man management, tactics and getting the most out of what you got/adapting players games without that much pressure as long as they reach a reasonable standard.

Good for English football to have a young English manager given this chance

No problem with frank. Good player and seems a normal/decent enough guy
Old 04-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Yeah I thought that.

Free pass for lampard to learn big player man management, tactics and getting the most out of what you got/adapting players games without that much pressure as long as they reach a reasonable standard.

Good for English football to have a young English manager given this chance

No problem with frank. Good player and seems a normal/decent enough guy
Agreed.

Will be nice when we beat them, but will dislike them a lot less. Esp if he can give some young English talent a run.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:23 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great player but has a serious humour and charisma bypass. Plus he votes Tory.

Gonna really love watching this particular disaster movie. Hero to zero by Easter.