Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:57 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Clubs that punch above their weight

As in clubs that appear to continually achieve probably a bit more than you would expect. We are absolutely one of them, and I'm not just talking about the last couple of years. Over 40 years without dropping into the third tier is extraordinary when you realise that there's only about 6 or 7 other clubs that are included in that.

I hate to admit it, or maybe this is actually a bit of a dig, but I'm always impressed by the way that Millwall somehow manage to either retain Championship level status, or bounce back very quickly from relegation to the third tier. Their support is on one hand fiercely loyal, yet on another hand pathetic. Their home crowds often just over 10k, even though they're just a Stone Island's throw from one of the richest financial districts in the world.

Any other good ones?
Old 08-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Definitely Burnley I'd have said.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Eibar for the last few seasons.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Forest Green, Nailsworth is tiny in terms of catchment area
Old 08-07-2019, 04:15 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Watford & now Brighton.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:20 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Brighton are currently sitting on a house of cards. Any fall from grace will be quite spectacular, I think.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Brentford (second lowest gate afaik)
Luton to get promoted, Sunderland wage bill must have been four times there’s
Accrington in league one to stay up, average gate of under 3k
Old 08-07-2019, 04:53 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Eibar for the last few seasons.
Getafe too. Promoted in 2017, finished 8th and 5th since then.

Atalanta considering their money and size compared to the Milan and Rome clubs they finished above. They do have excellent scouting and stuff though.

Burton Albion definitely.

Hoffenheim. Small club which had finished high in the Bundesliga recently mostly thanks to the brilliance of Julian Nagellsman. Probably second to Pochetinno for getting far more out of his players than their talent would have you think. He’s left for RB Leipzig, and Hoffenheim may struggle.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Bournemouth a million times over.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:03 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Unlike say Burnley, Bournemouth have significant financial backing. Makes me sick how they are always called out as punching above their weight. They even got fined under FFP rules FFS.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'd distinguish between those clubs that get money thrown at them (e.g. Bournemouth, who have already failed the FL FFP regulations, Br*ghton who are £200m in debt to their owner) and those which genuinely punch above their weight (e.g. Burnley).

Glad no one's said Salford Reds
Old 08-07-2019, 05:10 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I'd distinguish between those clubs that get money thrown at them (e.g. Bournemouth, who have already failed the FL FFP regulations, Br*ghton who are £200m in debt to their owner) and those which genuinely punch above their weight (e.g. Burnley).
There’s a certain point where clubs with rich backers do become overachievers though. Hoffenheim had money thrown at them to get promoted from the 5th division to the Bundesliga in 8 years, and are actually hated in Germany because unlike most clubs, they’re owned by a company, not fans. But it’s still a huge overachievement for them to now be finishing in the champions league places, when you look at their players.

Bournemouth finishing mid table though? No.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 08-07-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Speechless
Old 08-07-2019, 05:31 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
A clutch of North Western clubs across the leagues do very well, considering the tight geographic spread they inhabit - from Burnley and Blackburn / Barnsley through to Accrington Stanley.

Wycombe, Burton & Bury all spring to mind as having low bases by comparison to those around them.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Muff
Weeds
Old 08-07-2019, 06:14 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Brighton are currently sitting on a house of cards. Any fall from grace will be quite spectacular, I think.
Thought the owner is minted ?.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:15 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Barnsley is a good shout. Similar to Millwall in that they seem to keep getting themselves up to the Championship, when you probably wouldn't expect them too. Leeds not too far north and the Sheffield clubs not too far south means they're another club that don't get particularly high attendances.

Accrington is also a good call. Will they slide though when Coleman eventually leaves? I think so.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Thought the owner is minted ?.
Second biggest debt in English football.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:25 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Forest Green, Nailsworth is tiny in terms of catchment area
I have played against Forest Green. ( in a friendly )
Old 08-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Thought the owner is ugly ?.
Yes, yes he is.