Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-07-2019, 11:20 AM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Now?

It’s been that way for a while.

Last summer how much did Leicester pay Norwich for Maddison. More than £20m.

How much did Burnley pay Leeds for Chris Woods two summers ago?
Im not saying this is new his season. Im saying it is putting me off football.
Old 13-07-2019, 12:43 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Wages are the real killer for the likes of us even Arsenal are hamstrung because of average players on massive money
Old 13-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
Im not saying this is new his season. Im saying it is putting me off football.
Why? Serious question btw.

I simply don’t get it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:

I simply don’t get it.
For me it’s because it’s not about developing a team it’s about the depths of the pockets of the owners. Team not performing? Don’t worry we’ll just buy in some other players, football has taken on the short termism that has created the throw away society that we now live the rest of our lives in
Old 13-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:

I simply don’t get it.
I could understand the value of players in the days of Ronaldo (real one) & Shearer etc but it has blown out of proportion with the value of clubs, that they are nearly worth more than clubs now. Player power has become obscene, and they are effectively grown babies instead of men. I find money vulgar as the best of times and these sums of money could be used for so much better purpose in the world, I know that’s dreaming but Im just trying to explain why I find it vulgar. It’s only going to keep increasing unless the bubble bursts which I hope it does.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:06 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Considering it was 50% more than Bayern spent on Pavard, yes. Yes I do.
What has Pavard ever achieved?
Old 13-07-2019, 02:14 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
What has Pavard ever achieved?
He won the World Cup.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The knock on effect is the increase in poaching of kids.

I'm not fond of West Brom but had to feel sorry for them losing two teenage prodigies within the past week to Barcelona and Liverpool for peanuts.

At least they wont be able to farm them out quite so much like Chelsea did.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:15 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
I could understand the value of players in the days of Ronaldo (real one) & Shearer etc but it has blown out of proportion with the value of clubs, that they are nearly worth more than clubs now. Player power has become obscene, and they are effectively grown babies instead of men. I find money vulgar as the best of times and these sums of money could be used for so much better purpose in the world, I know that’s dreaming but Im just trying to explain why I find it vulgar. It’s only going to keep increasing unless the bubble bursts which I hope it does.
I understand your thought process, but I personally can’t get mad at supply and demand economics.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:16 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Money/wages has made football less enjoyable because the gap has become huge, VAR will make it less enjoyable because it takes away the moment. I will stop going as soon as it is no longer exciting or i am priced out.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:16 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
He won the World Cup.
And was excellent at Stuttgart. Not quite as good as Aaron at club level, but 20 caps and a World Cup for France definitely makes him higher pedigree.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:29 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Anyone left still thinking £45M was a lot for AWB?
Yes, most people do. £45m-£50m is an insane fee for a right back with 1 seasons experience.

A lot of big fees are quoted for players but they won’t happen.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:49 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Transfer fees are getting out of control especially when you read that Longstaff at Newcastle is valued at £50m, and Phillips at Leeds at £30m. But can we complain? having sold a defender with just about ONE years First team experience for £50m, maybe the lesson for Palace to learn is if we want to compete for players then we need to re-access our budgets.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:52 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
He won the World Cup.
Whoosh.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:53 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Considering it was 50% more than Bayern spent on Pavard, yes. Yes I do.
Good for you.
Old 13-07-2019, 03:13 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, most people do. £45m-£50m is an insane fee for a right back with 1 seasons experience.

A lot of big fees are quoted for players but they won’t happen.
Let's come back to this in a season or two.
Old 13-07-2019, 03:36 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyhue here are the summer transfers.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Why you go down the list, yeah there is a lot of cash being spent, but Aston Villa seem to have got the least bang for their buck, certainly. Although £30m on the player that used to be Mads Hummels is very steep
More players leaving their clubs than joining. Also the normal influx of a number of new players to the promoted clubs.

As Palace has found out being left with an amortisation bill of £46m for 2 or 3 seasons may act as a natural break to the ever escalating transfer fees.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 13-07-2019, 04:51 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I understand your thought process, but I personally can’t get mad at supply and demand economics.
Even if the end result means that you eventually get priced out of going to watch Palace?

The fact that we're charging £50 to watch Palace v Everton should ring alarm-bells to anyone. Its only going to get worse if we have to start paying £40 million every time we need a new defender to keep us afloat.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Even if the end result means that you eventually get priced out of going to watch Palace?

The fact that we're charging £50 to watch Palace v Everton should ring alarm-bells to anyone. Its only going to get worse if we have to start paying £40 million every time we need a new defender to keep us afloat.
I was talking about transfer fees. Ticket prices, I can’t argue against their obscenity.

Think they’re only so much to do with supply and demand though. There’s plenty of demand for Bayern Munich tickets, yet you can get a season ticket for 140 euros, or three Palace vs Everton tickets. They just care about the fans more in Germany. Know there’s less globalisation in their league and all, but it doesn’t account for THAT big a price gap.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 13-07-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I was talking about transfer fees. Ticket prices, I can’t argue against their obscenity.
Well ticket prices are based on supply and demand economics as well, but the point was that the two things are related. If Palace keep having to pay over the odds for players on account of the way the market is going, this will be reflected in the cost of getting into Selhurst every week. Parish has used transfer fees as a way to justify ticket price increases previously.