Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-07-2019, 05:12 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Well ticket prices are based on supply and demand economics as well, but the point was that the two things are related. If Palace keep having to pay over the odds for players on account of the way the market is going, this will be reflected in the cost of getting into Selhurst every week. Parish has used transfer fees as a way to justify ticket price increases previously.
And Parish is just following the rest of the greed league. There’s more demand for Bayern Munich tickets than ours, and they pay and receive higher transfer fees than us, yet look at their season ticket prices.

Supply and demand comes into ticket prices yes, but nothing more than an excuse. The main cause is greed and exploitation imo.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:25 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
German fans wouldn’t turn up if they were charged PL prices
Old 13-07-2019, 05:28 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
To be fair I suppose I forgot the fact that fan power is far bigger in Germany, due to the 50+1 rule. So whilst some of the suits probably want to crank up ticket prices, they’d be risking that wrath of the fans, who have a fair bit of power unlike in England.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Bayern aside, I don't believe German clubs are paying anywhere near the same amounts as Premier League clubs, or even Championship clubs, are paying on players.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Bayern aside, I don't believe German clubs are paying anywhere near the same amounts as Premier League clubs, or even Championship clubs, are paying on players.
Dortmund do, Wolfsburg definitely have (Draxler and Schurrle), and the likes of Leverkusen are starting to pay big money (Demirbay).

You can also get a Barcelona season ticket for 150 quid or something, Valencia for under 200, Real Madrid for 220 etc.

My point is that clubs with tickets in high demand who pay big transfer fees don’t have to be expensive. It’s capitalistic greed which causes it.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:43 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I understand your thought process, but I personally can’t get mad at supply and demand economics.
I never suggested you need to share my opinion.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well ticket prices are based on supply and demand economics as well,
Obviously there's a demand, so until that goes down or supply goes up, you are shit outta luck. Or you could go to Leg O'Mutton Field, I imagine Combined Counties Football League action is moderately priced.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
I never suggested you need to share my opinion.
Okay, my bad for giving my opinion of someone else’s opinion on a football discussion board.
Old 13-07-2019, 07:26 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Without a season ticket it is still not that cheap in Germany.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 13-07-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Without a season ticket it is still not that cheap in Germany.
They can be as low as 15 euros and as high as 70, for massive games I presume in fancy seats.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 13-07-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 13-07-2019, 08:09 PM

CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think this is why I don't expect Palace to do much transfer business. Due to the extortionate transfer fees and wages involved. The whole thing is escalating to ridiculous and unmaintainable amounts of money.
Old 14-07-2019, 03:15 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Considering it was 50% more than Bayern spent on Pavard, yes. Yes I do.
a fair point but you have to take into account the PL Tax (thank you Sky and pals) for an extra 10m or so
Old 14-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
To be fair I suppose I forgot the fact that fan power is far bigger in Germany, due to the 50+1 rule. So whilst some of the suits probably want to crank up ticket prices, they’d be risking that wrath of the fans, who have a fair bit of power unlike in England.
The German fans created their own power by deciding to get organised and put some effort and commitment in. Sadly we just don't have that in this country.

The players and club owners have way too much power in this country and the fans are bottom of the pile, mainly due to our collective apathy. The £30 for away fans deal was a great start but it really needs to progress to home fans.
Old 14-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dortmund do, Wolfsburg definitely have (Draxler and Schurrle), and the likes of Leverkusen are starting to pay big money (Demirbay).

You can also get a Barcelona season ticket for 150 quid or something, Valencia for under 200, Real Madrid for 220 etc.

My point is that clubs with tickets in high demand who pay big transfer fees don’t have to be expensive. It’s capitalistic greed which causes it.
Barcelona is owned by its club members, so a v different model to EPL clubs.
Old 14-07-2019, 01:35 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
They can be as low as 15 euros and as high as 70, for massive games I presume in fancy seats.
The cheapest areas are standing but certainly in Frankfurt these were filled with season ticket holders. Fancy seats have a seat back

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 14-07-2019, 02:45 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
£45m for Dunk shows how crazy football has got.
Old 14-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
£45m for Dunk shows how crazy football has got.
Nonsense. He's an international, who chips in with lots of goals............
Old 14-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Nonsense. He's an international, who chips in with lots of goals............
He's a donkey
Old 14-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
No one has actually paid or offered that surely though?
Old 14-07-2019, 03:07 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
No one has actually paid or offered that surely though?
According to the Sun the Maguire transfer for £80m to Manure is agreed and Leicester agreeing that fee for Dunk as a replacement.