Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Twitter isn’t real folks
Old 16-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is here
It looks too well written to me. Excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar. I am not saying that your average young footballer can't spell or write eruditely, but it does seem too well crafted. If it is genuine, then I think that it's likely that it has been put together by a PR individual, having taken the words of the player and put them into flowing English.

And if that is the case, that this player has had someone involved in PR generate their Tweet, then it seems very unlikely that they managed to do that on the same day as they spoke to their bosses and only a day after they came out.
Old 16-07-2019, 03:43 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is here
Now that I have read a few more of the Tweets and replies, this is clearly a well run PR account.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:12 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
... Clearly there must be loads of homsexual footballers out there just like in any walk of life and industry...
I am not sure this is true. Men's professional team sports must be a very toxic environment for a gay man. Doubtless there are some who love the game (or the money) sufficiently to live a closeted life, but I think many young gay men with sufficient talent to make a modest career in football will conclude it is just not worth it.

In contrast, there are other careers where being openly gay is no hindrance whatsoever.

Last edited by Jonboy; 16-07-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:22 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
That is why I don't think it is real.
I hope it is real, but may well be right. Had this happened 20 years ago, I think no one would notice the amount of gay players today.

Because it hasn't happened there is immense pressure on the first to openly come out.

However I am confident than in the main they will get a positive reception.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:23 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP View Post
Perhaps you haven't heard some of our own fans and their homophobic bile when we play Brighton? There is sadly zero chance of avoiding such abuse all over the country.
I honestly believe a lot of that is ignorance rather than homophobia. Hatred aimed at Brighton rather than someones sexuality. Afterall they have no idea of the sexuality of the person they are aiming that bile at.

Maybe that is naive and it is more of an issue but i hope not.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I am not sure this is true. Men's professional team sports must be a very toxic environment for a gay man. Doubtless there are some who love the game (or the money) sufficiently to live a closeted life, but I think many young gay men with sufficient talent to make a modest career in football will conclude it is just not worth it.

In contrast, there are pother careers where being openly gay is no hinderance whatsoever.
Being an air steward really isn't as well paid as being a premier league footballer.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:25 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
This reminds me of one of my favourite articles when the first NBA player came out as gay.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Don't give a shit. Wouldn't make a difference to how I see the game.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Don't give a shit. Wouldn't make a difference to how I see the game.
Me too, when I come out as gay I don't expect it to alter my eyesight one little bit.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:34 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Sorry to be sceptical but whilst it might be real, it is clearly being very much stage managed. The line where he apparently asked his manager and chairman whether this news would affect his involvement in the team, sounded a bit weird to be honest. I mean what happens if it turned out to be the Championship equivalent of Jordon Mutch, and his club rightly jogged him on because he's shit at football? I can just imagine the Twitter outrage
Old 16-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Part of me wishes that he would have just played and lived an open gay lifestyle admitting and being true to himself rather than the hoopla circus, makes himself a target.....Good luck to the bloke obviously.

Just to add I would not care one iota if all the Palace players were gay if they bloody well kept us away from relegation and give us a cup !

In Fact I would not care anyways.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post

Just to add I would not care one iota if all the Palace players were gay if they bloody well kept us away from relegation and give us a cup !

Seconded. And that applies to all footballers, at all clubs at all levels.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:20 PM

KP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is here
I thought you had to be to play for Brighton?
Old 16-07-2019, 05:35 PM
Forever Young

Wingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWingy_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
This reminds me of one of my favourite articles when the first NBA player came out as gay.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Fantastic
Old 16-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Seriously, does anyone give a shit anymore?
You have to be a very sad sack if you care about someone (whom you don't even know) sexuality.

I'm amazed someone hasn't jumped on the commercial band waggon.
Someone has the potential to rake in some cash off the back of it.
Old 16-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Part of me wishes that he would have just played and lived an open gay lifestyle admitting and being true to himself rather than the hoopla circus, makes himself a target.....Good luck to the bloke obviously.

I think this is the solution actually - If all the gay footballers agreed at the same time to lead an openly gay lifestyle without 'coming out' to the media then the problem would be solved. The media would be scared to report it and people would just get used to it it.

maybe?:
Old 16-07-2019, 06:40 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I did wonder after the Women’s World Cup where many were openly gay, that a male player may feel it’s the right time to do it.

It will be a great step forward but being totally cynical here, I think the motivation to be the ‘first’ in our game to come out lies probably as much with the prestige, fame and financial opportunities that will suddenly present themselves as educating our society to be more tolerant.

People might want to say ‘who cares?’, but whoever comes out first will be remembered forever.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:09 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
You have to be a very sad sack if you care about someone (whom you don't even know) sexuality.

This. Statistically there's likely to be gay men in each team up and down the league. I'm very surprised that someone hasn't taken the opportunity to be remembered as an icon rather than (not) being remembered for being a non-descript lower end footballer. Given how much attitudes have changed over the last decade even, I can't imagine they'll get any grief at all for it now.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:21 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post

There has to be some trailblazers to get to the point where no-ones cares as still footballers who are gay live in secrecy, it's going to be a big step for someone to decide to do it. We are at a point where it would be accepted but it still needs someone to do it. Then we can get to the point where it isnt relevant.