Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-06-2019, 09:04 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Croydon council to build on Green spaces

Your local green space is at risk.

If you use the parks or areas designated in the attached, make sure you let them know how and why. Addiscombe railway park, Ashburton park & Bingham park are potentially at risk, just from where I grew up. Full list here.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
This must be one of the 'economic benefits' of unrestricted free movement that I keep hearing about on the Brexit thread.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:14 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
It really shouldn’t be necessary for the locals to ‘get involved’ to express concerns re their green spaces though should it, no offence intended to the OP.

Let alone the amenity benefits, there’s been loads of evidence of the importance of plants and trees with regard to air quality and climate change issues.

Walk through central Croydon and there’s loads of opportunities to develop ‘brown’ sites there, plus the Westfield development will include a significant residential element.

I’d like to give the council a kick up the butt to stop fiddling about with the suburbs and encouraging developments there, but instead put some real energy into sorting out the town opportunities that are right under their noses.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
It really shouldn’t be necessary for the locals to ‘get involved’ to express concerns re their green spaces though should it, no offence intended to the OP.

Let alone the amenity benefits, there’s been loads of evidence of the importance of plants and trees with regard to air quality and climate change issues.

Walk through central Croydon and there’s loads of opportunities to develop ‘brown’ sites there, plus the Westfield development will include a significant residential element.

I’d like to give the council a kick up the butt to stop fiddling about with the suburbs and encouraging developments there, but instead put some real energy into sorting out the town opportunities that are right under their noses.
I am assuming you don't work in the construction industry, town planning or for a local authority.

If you did you would realise that the sheer volume of residential development required cannot possibly be solely accommodated on brownfield sites in a Borough like Croydon. Not all brownfield sites are available. No government inspector would allow a local authority to only provide flats and apartments to meet its housing requirement.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Your local green space is at risk.

If you use the parks or areas designated in the attached, make sure you let them know how and why. Addiscombe railway park, Ashburton park & Bingham park are potentially at risk, just from where I grew up. Full list here.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
There are serious questions now being asked about Croydon Councils housing construction 'company' Brick by Brick. Have a look at some of the articles in 'Inside Croydon'.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
This must be one of the 'economic benefits' of unrestricted free movement that I keep hearing about on the Brexit thread.
Daft racist.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:32 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am assuming you don't work in the construction industry, town planning or for a local authority.

If you did you would realise that the sheer volume of residential development required cannot possibly be solely accommodated on brownfield sites in a Borough like Croydon. Not all brownfield sites are available. No government inspector would allow a local authority to only provide flats and apartments to meet its housing requirement.
No, I don’t work in it specifically.

However, as a long term resident of the borough Raggy, I (and many others I know) am totally sick of the council giving approval to developments that actually don’t answer the issues you’ve raised.

The latest development trend near me is to knock down perfectly good family homes and build higher density flats. A new one involves removing a bungalow, which are already in short supply.

But walk round Croydon and you’ll see plenty of empty properties rotting away, and unused space. There are even empty buildings near the station (eg the Royal Mail building) that would be v popular sites.

If you take your argument to its ultimate conclusion, Croydon borough would be a sea of flats and no amenities. Let alone the environmental impact.

Many people use their green spaces every day and would consider them more important than our beloved Selhurst Park....what would you feel if the council earmarked that for flats next?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Unbannable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Daft racist.
This whole thread is clearly racist and the OP should be banned.

In fact, anyone who complains about development on public parks should be reported to 'Prevent' and locked up.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:38 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
The force is strong in the winner today.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
It’s the fault of immigrants, Nigel ?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-06-2019, 09:44 AM
Unbannable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
No, I don’t work in it specifically.

However, as a long term resident of the borough Raggy, I (and many others I know) am totally sick of the council giving approval to developments that actually don’t answer the issues you’ve raised.

The latest development trend near me is to knock down perfectly good family homes and build higher density flats. A new one involves removing a bungalow, which are already in short supply.

But walk round Croydon and you’ll see plenty of empty properties rotting away, and unused space. There are even empty buildings near the station (eg the Royal Mail building) that would be v popular sites.

If you take your argument to its ultimate conclusion, Croydon borough would be a sea of flats and no amenities. Let alone the environmental impact.

Many people use their green spaces every day and would consider them more important than our beloved Selhurst Park....what would you feel if the council earmarked that for flats next?
I do sympathise with your frustrations.

However, I fear you may be taking aim at the wrong target. 'The Council' is always a convenient scapegoat in these situations.

If the Council doesn't come up with housing sites, the government has set the system up so that developers can appeal directly to the planning inspectorate and secure permission over the head of the Council. When this happens the Council not only loses its ability to plan, but they lose out on the developer's financial contributions for the community as well. It is a 'lose/lose' situation for the Council.

I have no doubt that the Council have identified private land near the station as suitable for development. But again they have very little control if the land is in private hands and developers are 'land-banking' waiting for the market to pick up. The Council also has zero control on who buys the properties - be it a local family, or a foreign billionaire snapping up investments.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
In fact, anyone who complains about development on public parks should be reported to 'Prevent' and locked up.
Nah.

Lets lock up lying bigots who claim that decades of failed housing policy is the fault of foreigners .
Old 11-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Unbannable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
It’s the fault of immigrants, Nigel ?
No Jimmy.

People are people and they will always do the best for their families, who can blame them?

Its the fault of decades of laissez-faire economics, starting with Thatcher, continued by Blair and Cameron.

Oh, and it's definitely the fault of condescending, smug, ostensibly 'liberal' gits, who shut down any sensible debate with their lazy generalisations. All the while contentedly watching the little people get screwed over as always.

Just so long as there is someone to serve them in Pret, eh?

Last edited by Raggy; 11-06-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Unbannable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Nah.

Lets lock up lying bigots who claim that decades of failed housing policy is the fault of foreigners .
Yes, because that's definitely what I said. Shit for brains.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:56 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
People are people and they will always do the best for their families, who can blame them?
Having a family is barely unique, and certainly no excuse for bigotry.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Unbannable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Having a family is barely unique, and certainly no excuse for bigotry.
**** me.

For sensible, rational conversation people should head over to the new improved BBS To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 11-06-2019, 10:12 AM

Littlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Or just people living longer, having kids etc etc??
Old 11-06-2019, 10:13 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
what a stupid comment.

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-06-2019, 10:16 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
**** me.

For sensible, rational conversation people should head over to the new improved BBS To view the link you have to Register or Login
elgin thinks you are a twit too. JAT

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
**** me.

So you are here because?