Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-01-2020, 01:12 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I think the shits going to hit the fan with Wilf this summer, just can't see any Top 6 side paying anywhere near what we want for him and TBH on this seasons form he's really not worth £80 mil.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:31 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
I am not saying that wolf doesn’t need to handle wind ups better but I think the picture on the palace website says it all. Wilf is focused on the ball the Southampton player has his fingers digging into his shoulder which is pretty painful and his other hand up on his neck, looks like he’s digging in from that side too and his focus is on wilf not the ball. I think that the club needs to compile an evidence folder and submit it to the FA demanding that they protect him better with videos to show how he is treated and how refs have an effective bias in place with him.
If they did that for example for every time he is fouled next time we play Watford vs how many fouls are given perhaps the FA would act. I would also do the same if I was Aston Villa after Watford’s concerted rotational fouling against Grealish last night. Maybe as fans we should find a way to do it and post on social media
I would do the total opposite - its becoming a circus pretty much every week with Wilf, he needs to be taken out of the spot light

Roy/Our Captain/Senior players (We should have enough) need to manage the game's better, its crystal clear that teams like Watford/Saints target him and tbh we let them. We just continually pump balls to Wilf who is surrounded by 3/4 players.

It still absolutely baffles me after all these years we never take advantage of the gaps/space that is opened when Wilf has the ball.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:35 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I am not saying that wolf doesn’t need to handle wind ups better but I think the picture on the palace website says it all. Wilf is focused on the ball the Southampton player has his fingers digging into his shoulder which is pretty painful and his other hand up on his neck, looks like he’s digging in from that side too and his focus is on wilf not the ball. I think that the club needs to compile an evidence folder and submit it to the FA demanding that they protect him better with videos to show how he is treated and how refs have an effective bias in place with him.
If they did that for example for every time he is fouled next time we play Watford vs how many fouls are given perhaps the FA would act. I would also do the same if I was Aston Villa after Watford’s concerted rotational fouling against Grealish last night. Maybe as fans we should find a way to do it and post on social media
Interesting point regarding Grealish. Seems to get a similar rough ride to Wilf.
Seems to have an unfair reputation amongst football community as being a bit of a bad egg, when little evidence to show its true. Easily singled out by opposition fans and players as the only ones of real outstanding quality in their respective sides. Ignored by England. Get frustrated by the treatment and general way they are seen and their arguably unfair reputation becomes a self fulfilling prophecy as they become the angsty player everyone said they always were.

Grealish is probably only a few years away mentally from what Wilf has become, if his treatment continues, could end up the same way.
Big difference is Grealish didn't leave Villa too soon, so if he leaves for a "big" club will probably make it the first time round, get the protection and England call up and go on to be a huge success.
Old 22-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lol what???
Old 23-01-2020, 02:41 AM

Wilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWilbraham413 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think after spending 12 months longer with us than he wanted, Wilf will demand to go to the highest bidder this summer. It's too bad, because I don't think he will never be any more important to any other club than he is to us. He has a lot of skills, but he'd be just another player at any other big team. He's not getting any younger either. He's huge for us, but for a team like Chelsea, he's an interchangeable part who could be on the bench often. If the idea of sitting on the bench in a champions' league match is so important to him, go ahead.

I have no idea what we'll get for him, but it's not going to be anywhere near 80M. After the cut is paid to ManU, we will net much less for Wilf than we did for AWB.
Old 23-01-2020, 06:14 AM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think we will miss him as much as many think we will. I won't miss his petulance, his attempts to beat the same player 3 times and his lack of defending as a team player. We need to move on and in many ways he is holding our re-building back. Go with my good wishes and let us find another saviour.
Old 23-01-2020, 06:56 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
I’ll miss him but I wish he drove into the box at speed more, because there was always the thrill in waiting for a tackle knowing it would 50-50 be a penalty.
Old 23-01-2020, 07:15 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Isn’t Grealish in the England set up?
Old 23-01-2020, 08:11 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Isn’t Grealish in the England set up?
Not so far, but must be a certainty.
Old 23-01-2020, 08:21 AM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I think the shits going to hit the fan with Wilf this summer, just can't see any Top 6 side paying anywhere near what we want for him and TBH on this seasons form he's really not worth £80 mil.
I'm guessing £80M is an SP valuation to deter buyers. To be fair to Wilf a realistic fee would be nearer £50M if SP accepts he has to let him go. The question is will a top 4 club want him or be able to offer regular football. He's first name on the team sheet here.
Old 23-01-2020, 08:45 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Problem is without other quick players and pace there is no space for Wilf to run into as he gets crowded out by three players. At least with PVA, Jeff and Andros there is the chance one of them might carry the ball and be able to set Wilf off on a good run, stretch the opposition and make a through ball between the lines work. Our pis poor transfer strategy has led to this.
Old 23-01-2020, 08:51 AM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He’ll end up going for the sake of the move but will end up at a club where he is no better off and on similar wages to now.
Old 23-01-2020, 11:54 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesheart View Post
I don't think we will miss him as much as many think we will. I won't miss his petulance, his attempts to beat the same player 3 times and his lack of defending as a team player. We need to move on and in many ways he is holding our re-building back. Go with my good wishes and let us find another saviour.
I see a black player and list a load of pre-conceived faults that aren't true and with any luck enough gammon will agree with me.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:28 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Old 23-01-2020, 12:36 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
I see a black player and list a load of pre-conceived faults that aren't true and with any luck enough gammon will agree with me.
Uncalled for.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:01 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Is attempting to beat the player 3 times a stereotypical attribute of black players then? I never knew.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:38 PM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Are you drunk already ?

Please excuse my ignorance but what are you trying to say ?
Old 23-01-2020, 01:55 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Won us last gasp points against Norwich, Man City and Brighton recently through running directly at the defence but yep sure.
Old 23-01-2020, 02:00 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
What a wanker. I see a sad man desperate to be outraged.
Old 23-01-2020, 02:00 PM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
He’ll end up going for the sake of the move but will end up at a club where he is no better off and on similar wages to now.
what like his dream moves to Arsenal or Everton....