Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 05-10-2019, 12:07 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post

Also a question (probably for Neil). Which Palace player is sticker number 79 from Top Sellers Football 72 ? (78 is Sewell and 80 is Kember). It's probably not all that rare, but it's an annoying gap!
79 Peter Wall
Old 05-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Thank you Neil, appreciated!

John - Yep same, got one of every Prizm card apart from the color blast card. Bought some bundles of different base card parallels just to have a range of the different card effects, but nowhere near all the 20+ different types! Bought what I like the look of but not what I consider is taking the pi$$!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
PANINI PRIZM 19/20 PREMIER LEAGUE SWAP SHOP!

I have the following base cards as duplicates, which I am looking to swap (for anything I haven't got!)

214 GUAITA
Silver
Hyper

215 WARD
Multicolour

216 TOMKINS
Hyper

217 SCHLUPP
Breakaway silver

218 VAN AANHOLT
Hyper
Breakaway silver

219 SAKHO
Base
Multicolour
Red /149
Breakaway Teal /35

220 MCARTHUR
Breakaway silver
Breakaway Violet /75

221 MILIVOJEVIC
Multicolour
Hyper
Blue /199
Breakaway silver

222 KOUYATE
Breakaway silver

223 TOWNSEND
Silver
Multicolour
Hyper
Blue /199

224 MEYER
Hyper

225 ZAHA
Breakaway silver

226 KELLY

Multicolour
Breakaway silver

227 WICKHAM

Multicolour

Please note 'Silver' cards are almost identical to 'base' (apart from the prizm effect if you hold to light) and 'Hyper' cards are almost identical to Breakaway Silver cards.

If any collectors have very specific base cards that they are after that aren't mentioned above, whilst I may not have it in duplicate myself, I may be willing to swap what I have for cards that I need (so just ask)

Trades by pm preferred!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-10-2019, 10:28 PM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I have the following base cards as duplicates, which I am looking to swap (for anything I haven't got!)

214 GUAITA
Silver
Hyper

215 WARD
Multicolour

216 TOMKINS
Hyper

217 SCHLUPP
Breakaway silver

218 VAN AANHOLT
Hyper
Breakaway silver

219 SAKHO
Base
Multicolour
Red /149
Breakaway Teal /35

220 MCARTHUR
Breakaway silver
Breakaway Violet /75

221 MILIVOJEVIC
Multicolour
Hyper
Blue /199
Breakaway silver

222 KOUYATE
Breakaway silver

223 TOWNSEND
Silver
Multicolour
Hyper
Blue /199

224 MEYER
Hyper

225 ZAHA
Breakaway silver

226 KELLY

Multicolour
Breakaway silver

227 WICKHAM

Multicolour

Please note 'Silver' cards are almost identical to 'base' (apart from the prizm effect if you hold to light) and 'Hyper' cards are almost identical to Breakaway Silver cards.

If any collectors have very specific base cards that they are after that aren't mentioned above, whilst I may not have it in duplicate myself, I may be willing to swap what I have for cards that I need (so just ask)

Trades by pm preferred!
Having quickly worked out there are over twenty sets you can purchase it would appear another colour has come to light to me and that is Breakaway Silver not shown on the Football Cartophilic list (will have to check this)

Talk about milking the system!
Old 31-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Breakaway silver can also be called just Breakaway. It is basically like a 'Football 87' shiny sticker (ie sparkly) and incredibly similar to 'Hyper'

Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 AM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Breakaway silver can also be called just Breakaway. It is basically like a 'Football 87' shiny sticker (ie sparkly) and incredibly similar to 'Hyper'
Thanks for clarifying the Breakaway cards
Old 02-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Collecting Palace tat

No probs! Sorted all mine out into folder pockets now, got more than enough and certainly not buying any more!

Old 02-11-2019, 11:27 AM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No probs! Sorted all mine out into folder pockets now, got more than enough and certainly not buying any more!
Does that mean i get a chance to get a few i need from ebay now
Old 02-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN1509 View Post
Does that mean i get a chance to get a few i need from ebay now
I haven't bought any off ebay for the last 3 weeks

Old 10-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Panini Premier League Football 2020 Sticker Collection - due out 9th January 2020. Wierdly, some listings have already started on ebay which suggests perhaps an earlier than expected release date?

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 11-12-2019 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Panini Sticker collection out tomorrow by all accounts.
Looks a lot more appealing than the weak offerings by Topps in recent years

To view the link you have to Register or Login

And looks like they are doing collector tins as well

Old 11-01-2020, 08:44 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I really like the new panini album. I prefer it having more stickers of the squad rather than just 10 or 11 as Topps did.

Only drawback of course is a lot more stickers makes collecting them a lot more expensive too.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:55 PM
Collecting Palace tat

I just sent off for the Palace ones to be honest. But agree, Panini are best at sticker collections (and imo Topps are best at cards). Unfortunately at any one time, only one of them can have the PL licence!

Old 12-01-2020, 04:54 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I really like the new panini album. I prefer it having more stickers of the squad rather than just 10 or 11 as Topps did.

Only drawback of course is a lot more stickers makes collecting them a lot more expensive too.
The panini collection is double the normal size this year
Old 12-01-2020, 10:35 AM
Collecting Palace tat

It's in the same sort of scale as when it was Panini Football 86 when I was a kid.

In those days, there were a team photo sticker and a shiny half sticker of the club badge

Plus half stickers of the Scottish Prem teams!

Does look nice though

Old 14-01-2020, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
The panini collection is double the normal size this year
Yep, double what topps did.
Old 20-01-2020, 05:15 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2019-20 Panini Obsidian Soccer
Panini America

Galaxy Gear..22. Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)purple/green/yellow red parallels
Volcanic..23. Gary Cahill (Crystal Palace) purple/orange yellow
Aurora(autograph)..12. Gary Cahill (Crystal Palace)
Jersey Autographs...5. Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)
Dual Jersey Ink..1. Gary Cahill (Crystal Palace)
Old 22-01-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN1509 View Post
2019-20 Panini Obsidian Soccer
Panini America

Galaxy Gear..22. Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)purple/green/yellow red parallels
Volcanic..23. Gary Cahill (Crystal Palace) purple/orange yellow
Aurora(autograph)..12. Gary Cahill (Crystal Palace)
Jersey Autographs...5. Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)
Dual Jersey Ink..1. Gary Cahill (Crystal Palace)
I wish both you and Dorking.Eagle all the best in obtaining them all
Old 22-01-2020, 02:40 PM
still looking

Its another USA release, I might try for a couple . yet another expensive release
Old 22-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockleywood View Post
I wish both you and Dorking.Eagle all the best in obtaining them all
Will wait and see what they even look like first, essentially it's five cards of two players.

Benteke must have signed thousands of stickers for Panini, as he has featured in numerous series for years. And they've finally given Hennessey a rest from being featured. Maybe they are saving those for when he makes 100 caps for Wales!