Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-01-2020, 10:20 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
Without being too glib what’s the point of them being in school if the planet’s gona be in absolute state a few years into adulthood?

I’m not really sure what your last point is tbh - when Boris writes his legislation banning all out strikes on public transport Aslef won’t have the power to negotiate passenger safety or wages.
Both points...lets see.

The 'planet being in an absolute state' is once again scaremongering. East Anglia was meant to be underwater by 2000 according to the last generation of doomsters.

Whatever happens with the unions, happens, just cos i voted for boris it wouldnt have changed the result.

I know i sound pretty blasè about it all but weve had all this before
Old 22-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
We have never had "this" before. There has not been clear scientific evidence of climate change before with numbers indicating the rate of change. The only doubts in the evidence is that the rate of change may have been understated. The plants even know that the climate is changing as evidenced by changing growth and flowering patterns world wide and they don't even have brain.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:01 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Both points...lets see.

The 'planet being in an absolute state' is once again scaremongering. East Anglia was meant to be underwater by 2000 according to the last generation of doomsters.

Whatever happens with the unions, happens, just cos i voted for boris it wouldnt have changed the result.

Do you have a source for that East Anglia claim?
Old 22-01-2020, 11:07 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember when people were “scaremongering” about the depletion of the ozone layer and then some people in 1987 did something about it (The Montréal Protocol). Ozone depletion declining.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:31 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Do you have a source for that East Anglia claim?
my memory, schoolbooks, the news......will it be on the internet seeing at those predictions were made in the early 90s not sure. It was at the CFC ozone layer "crisis" time.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
We have never had "this" before. There has not been clear scientific evidence of climate change before with numbers indicating the rate of change. The only doubts in the evidence is that the rate of change may have been understated. The plants even know that the climate is changing as evidenced by changing growth and flowering patterns world wide and they don't even have brain.
climate change has always existed. we are just seeing various extremes at the moment. As records are only 150 years old or so, im yet to be convinced that extremes of weather patterns havent happened before in the earths vast history. And before anyone quotes "scientists", they conviently only use evidents that supports their view.

theres no doubt we have to try and cut fossil fuels for all kinds of reasons, and stop dumping plastics in the oceans and its clear Trump has vested interests in Oil, but its also clear Greta is a brainwashed 16 year old, and is sending out OTT vibes of doom to kids.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:45 AM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Damn those evidents.
Old 22-01-2020, 12:19 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Here are some actual measurements.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-01-2020, 12:49 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Both points...lets see.

Parts of East Anglia suffer quite serious flooding.

Personally, I tend to see the doomsayers as 'a worse case scenario' and tend to become more significant over time, because the reasonable people making measured statements are generally ignored by Government and Business, leading to increased support for the more radical.

Global Warming and Climate changes, eviromental warnings on pollutions, carbon emissions etc strech back over the last centuary with little in the way of intervention.

Of course sometimes it has been a case that 'the disaster scenario' has been averted, because of action. The reduction of CFC usage and the Ozone layer impact for example.

Basically though, they're right, the world is looking down the barrels of the impact of climate change, it might not reach entirely apocolyptic end days kind of a situation (usually because when things reach a critical point, humans have a bit of a history of stepping back at the last minute).

But you can see a lot of important warning signs that the future that Humanity is not a sustainable exercise on planet earth.
Old 22-01-2020, 12:57 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
climate change has always existed. we are just seeing various extremes at the moment. As records are only 150 years old or so, im yet to be convinced that extremes of weather patterns havent happened before in the earths vast history. And before anyone quotes "scientists", they conviently only use evidents that supports their view.

theres no doubt we have to try and cut fossil fuels for all kinds of reasons, and stop dumping plastics in the oceans and its clear Trump has vested interests in Oil, but its also clear Greta is a brainwashed 16 year old, and is sending out OTT vibes of doom to kids.
Well yes, the world has had very serious weather patterns and changes before, we do know that. We also know that these tended to result in the extinctions of dominant species, and massive upheaval. What is different is that those patterns tend to be rather slow movements, and often linked to environmental triggers as well (Ice Age and comet strikes, massive flooding and ice cap shifting etc).

The problem of the last 150 years is that it shows a rapid accelleration of warming across the globe, that doesn't really fit with the way that climate seems to have shifted through out history (admitedly based on archeological and anectodal evidence) - This culminates in extremes of weather.

Global warming isn't in and of itself necessarily the problem though, its how it affects other existing weather phenomena and environmental factors - For example the Australian Fires. They're not 'a result of global warming' - the severity of them is accentuated by them (longer dryer seasons, with less rain - coupled with other phenomena make for a 'more perfect storm').

Like the flooding in the UK, its not that global warming will cause the flooding, its that it increases the severity of the phenomena around flooding (ie rising sea levels, of increased warmed water, results in more rain fall in certain areas).

Basically, Climate Change is a power up, a correlative not causal factor, that significantly impacts the severity, rather than being the cause of problems.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Absolutely no evidence of this. Just a very loose prediction .and once sgain, scaremongering. Youre scaring yourself!

Btw records began approx 150 years ago.
I'm not overly scared, I'm 48, probably have at most 20 years in me, and no kids.
Old 22-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes, of course the climate ups and downs have happened before - what you're leaving out though, is that the current warming is so much quicker than EVER before, and is clearly not natural.

See To view the link you have to Register or Login
...although I could have picked from a number of other sources, if you think that's a biased site - the figures are the important things, and I think quite well illustrated on that graphic.
Old 22-01-2020, 02:18 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
How do you think scientists decide their 'view' in the first place?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-01-2020, 03:02 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
my memory, schoolbooks, the news......will it be on the internet seeing at those predictions were made in the early 90s not sure. It was at the CFC ozone layer "crisis" time.
Forgive me if I don't think we should frame the debate on climate change around what a train driver misremembers from his school days.

What does the ozone layer have to do with global warming?
Old 22-01-2020, 03:31 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Forgive me if I don't think we should frame the debate on climate change around what a train driver misremembers from his school days.

What does the ozone layer have to do with global warming?
He thinks it's something to do with Chelsea.
Old 22-01-2020, 03:41 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Where do you start with such a post?
Old 22-01-2020, 04:25 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Meanwhile The Donald flaps around like a bear with a sore head hitting out any anything that comes into his head.

The guy has a real anger management problem... how he has not had a heart attack yet I will never know. (or has he?)
Old 22-01-2020, 06:50 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think kids need to be in school, not protesting. Simple.
And you care so much about them you voted for a party that's criminally underfunded schools for the best part of a decade. Sweet.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 22-01-2020, 06:56 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
And you care so much about them you voted for a party that's criminally underfunded schools for the best part of a decade. Sweet.
As a former school governor, with plenty of ammunition at my disposal, I await Thomas the Tank Engine's repost with interest. It's like asking a flannel its view on the life cycle of a Black Hole.