Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: Who do you want as Labour leader?
Rebecca Long Bailey 5 7.46%
Lisa Nandy 18 26.87%
Keir Starmer 21 31.34%
Emily Thornberry 3 4.48%
Moo 20 29.85%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-01-2020, 11:15 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Next Labour leader (including poll)

Anyone but Nandy, please. I’d rather 30 years of Tory government if it means not having to put up with 5 of Eddie wanking all over the politics threads.
Old 21-01-2020, 11:18 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
If you want the Labour voters who voted Tory last month back there really is only one option.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!

Last edited by eddieskyclad; 21-01-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 21-01-2020, 11:20 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
She comes across well except, once again , the immigration open door policy, something that the northern lefties seem to have an issue with
I dont think that's fair. Her immigration policy is fine for many in the north as it is about free movement with appropriate investment into training for young people.

WOW!
Old 22-01-2020, 05:53 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 22-01-2020, 07:57 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Now I think it'll be Thornberry, RLB being seen as the continuity candidate will harm her with members who got a wake up call last month but the left controls enough of membership to resist any centralist/blue Labour reform that they fear Nandy and Stamer may bring. Thornberry wins by default as the compromise candidate who is neither liked nor hated by both wings of the party.
Old 22-01-2020, 08:11 AM

Philipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for youPhilipw is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Now I think it'll be Thornberry, RLB being seen as the continuity candidate will harm her with members who got a wake up call last month but the left controls enough of membership to resist any centralist/blue Labour reform that they fear Nandy and Stamer may bring. Thornberry wins by default as the compromise candidate who is neither liked nor hated by both wings of the party.
Tories would be delighted. May get labour party support but highly unlikely to get backing from 14 million others needed to win an election.
Old 22-01-2020, 09:20 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
I dont think that's fair. Her immigration policy is fine for many in the north as it is about free movement with appropriate investment into training for young people.
Guess we'll see in the next few months

Robot Starmer, totally lacking any charisma cant be allowed to win, and of course RLB is Corbyn mkII.
Old 22-01-2020, 09:34 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you want the Labour voters who voted Tory last month back there really is only one option.
The video clips they showed the Labour punters are from the hustings - not a great reflection of the candidates but interesting that Nandy comes across so well. She was my choice as the best female candidate back in December but Starmer is by far the most credible - former DPP etc. They will both do better than Corbyn and I would be happy with either.
Old 22-01-2020, 09:35 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
Tories would be delighted. May get labour party support but highly unlikely to get backing from 14 million others needed to win an election.
White van man episode will forever remind real working class voters that she isnt the general who respects and understands them . She oozes fakeness to me , and her snooty demeanour wont win back the lost voters . . She hardly endears herself to many others either. Some of her past interviews are almost in abbotts class ..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 22-01-2020, 09:42 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Never ever going to happen. And certainly not as a compromise. Firstly I’d be surprised if Thornberry makes it onto the ballot, and secondly compromise isn’t
in the party’s vocabulary at the moment.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-01-2020, 09:59 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
You are arguing about immigration with a racist. You won't get much sense there.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:10 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Why should the bloke stand down? It should be the person the Party wants, not based on the sex of the person.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 22-01-2020, 02:21 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

Nandy is officially on the ballot after securing the 2 unions (NUM and GMB) and 1 affiliate (Chinese for Labour).

WOW!

Last edited by eddieskyclad; 22-01-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 22-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Banned by Moderators

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
(Chinese for Labour).
Lol, what???
Old 22-01-2020, 03:13 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nandy is officially on the ballot after securing the 2 unions (NUM and GMB) and 1 affiliate (Chinese for Labour).
Knew nothing about Nandy before this contest, but I'm fairly impressed.

It's currently between Nandy and Starmer for me

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 22-01-2020, 03:14 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Lol, what???
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-01-2020, 04:50 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post

She’s good - maybe too young but will be labours first female leader one day. Famous dad
Old 22-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm with Skate.
Old 22-01-2020, 07:24 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:

I knew a little about Nandy before the election (but not much), and have to confess that I didn't much like her because of her Brexit position. As it turns out though, she was probably right on that one.

And she has impressed me more and more as the contest has gone on. In terms of the big issues, she just seems to "get it". Her comments today on the welfare system were on the money imho (I have a fair bit of involvement with the system in my job, both on a policy level and representing claimants). She's picked up where the problems are, and is looking for sensible solutions rather than needless tribalism.

And that seems to be her m.o . Gain an understanding of the problem, and look for a solution that will actually make peoples lives better. Yes, CRs criticism that a lot of it is light on detail is true, but if the principles and instincts are right, than can be worked up in due course. And her emphasis in the Andrew Neil interview on the team she would build around her suggests that she would be looking to get people who actually know about the specific policy areas to build up the solutions, which is frankly just what we need.

So I'd be very happy if she won the contest, albeit with the slight worry that winning this time round could be a poison chalice.
Old 22-01-2020, 07:40 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I knew a little about Nandy before the election (but not much), and have to confess that I didn't much like her because of her Brexit position. As it turns out though, she was probably right on that one.

And she has impressed me more and more as the contest has gone on. In terms of the big issues, she just seems to "get it". Her comments today on the welfare system were on the money imho (I have a fair bit of involvement with the system in my job, both on a policy level and representing claimants). She's picked up where the problems are, and is looking for sensible solutions rather than needless tribalism.

And that seems to be her m.o . Gain an understanding of the problem, and look for a solution that will actually make peoples lives better. Yes, CRs criticism that a lot of it is light on detail is true, but if the principles and instincts are right, than can be worked up in due course. And her emphasis in the Andrew Neil interview on the team she would build around her suggests that she would be looking to get people who actually know about the specific policy areas to build up the solutions, which is frankly just what we need.

So I'd be very happy if she won the contest, albeit with the slight worry that winning this time round could be a poison chalice.
Agree with all this. But someone has to win the leadership election to lose the next general election. And if it's Lisa, well done her.

If Labour is seen as a decent opposition party by the time of the next election I'll be happy enough. Not fair to expect her to win it.

We are all Nandos now.