Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-10-2010, 02:13 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Rest in peace Big Mal.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:13 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Big Mal made Palace fashionable and we played the beautiful game. So many wonderful memories, the 1976 cup run, the academy and 2 F A Youth Cup wins. Shame our man Venables ripped it all apart and transferred everything to QPR. Let us hope Warnock is not allowed to do the same.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Sad news
Old 15-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am so sorry to here this news today.

He was my first legend, I ever had experienced supporting this great club, and also made it into the great club it is today
Old 15-10-2010, 02:18 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Big Mal - Rest In Peace.

Very probably the reason I support Palace is because of Big Mal.

When he came along in 1973, I was a kid of ten, Palace certainly weren't my cup of tea - but gradually, I started to go Selhurst Park - more, at first, to see the teams Palace were playing - but bit by bit, I fell in love with Palace and much of that was due to the way Big Mal changed the whole image of the place - even though Palace actually got relegated twice in his first two seasons - by the time Palace had got into Division Three in 1974 - they were the team I followed - Peter Taylor was our hero, Alan Whittle, Don Rogers ( who left for QPR, swapped for Terry Venables and Ian Evans), Jimmy Cannon, Peter Wall, Derek Jeffries, Paul Hammond, Paul and Martin Hinshelwood, Dave Swindlehurst - these were the players of the Palace team that I followed.

Going to Palace just felt like following a big team, big crowds, usually outnumbering the opposition's support at away games and getting two or three times the suport at home that most clubs could manage - but we were playing teams like Halifax, Chester, Aldershot, Southend and the like - but our manager was in the news nearly every week. Palace were called a 'glamour' club - this is not the perception of Palace today - but when you think of how Man City and Leeds were regarded whilst in what is now League One - I'm not kidding when I say that is basically how Palace were thought of by the fans of other clubs in those days - that is very much why clubs such as Millwall, Charlton and Brighton hate us to this day - because publicity wise - Palace used to blow them out of the water every week - and this was due, in no small amount to Big Mal and his influence on the media. Think Neil Warnock, times it by 100, add in John Wayne and what would be the equivalent then of say Jose Mourinho - and then you would be close to the charisma of Big Mal.

And he genuinely loved the Palace fans - I can't think of anyone saying that he turned his back on them or didn't have time to talk to them - you ask anyone who went on our great Cup trips to Leeds and Sunderland - Malcolm came back on the Palace supporters trains and mingled with us back on possibly the greatest days Palace have ever had as a club.

Even after 36 great years of following, with all the dramas, promotions, Cup Finals, great players, great victories and magical moments - those first couple of years following Palace under Big Mal are still amongst my most treasured memories.

God Bless You, Malcolm! Some say God - We say Allison!
Old 15-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Not in Oz

EagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
RIP Big Mal.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in Portugal when I was about 15, all p*ssed up and had a good jive with him on the dance floor! He was having a great time.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am truly saddened by this news. Big Mal transformed our club and showed us the pure joy of a rollercoaster experience. He even made it fashionable to be a Palace fan for probably the only time in history. Such happy away days even when we got beat more often than not. A very large part of my youth has died today.

Let's play with Malcolm's fearlessness tomorrow and have a fecking great time in his honour and memory.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 15-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Loopylulu

Eaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad news RIP

Life's lived forwards but understood backwards.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:22 PM

doris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawdoris73 was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little paw
RIP Big Mal
Old 15-10-2010, 02:24 PM

catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
Minutes applause tomorrow?

We know the inbreds would ruin a silence!
GUTTED!.true palace legend!.made our club what it is today!.RIP big mal!
Old 15-10-2010, 02:26 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley
Too many times you read of when someone famous dies people saying how very sad it is and RIP, even though they barely knew them and it somehow seems false. With Big Mal passing however, it is indeed a very sad day for me as he quite simply gave me the most euphoric feeling in the world during that cup run back in '76. A feeling that has possibly been equalled (Villa Park and the play off final wins) but never surpassed.

Little old Palace from the 3rd division going to Elland Road, Roker Park and Stamford bridge, in those days not trips to relish for more than one reason, and getting results was just incredible.

His passing reminds me of more innocent yet flamboyant times when watching football was all about entertainment and passion. It was cheap as chips to get in and many of the players were local lads who were living the dream. I was fortunate enough t win the Palace in the Past competition while Big Mal was in charge and got to meet him briefly. Charismatic and larger than life he gave football, and Palace in particular, a cheeky charm and a bit of magic. I'd run to the ground from Norwood Junction as a teenager, excited at the prospect of seeing the likes of Rogers, Whittle, Taylor and co. give their all. To go up to Roker Park and see Palace do it as well was beyond my wildest dreams. So, yes, a genuinely very sad day and RIP Big Mal.

Good post Al.

RIP BIG MAL
Old 15-10-2010, 02:26 PM

catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971 catman1971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2
Watch the video of the 1990 semi final. Malcolm had it spot on.

The other pundits couldn't read an Argos catalogue
spot on!
Old 15-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god

Let's play with Malcolm's fearlessness tomorrow and have a fecking great time in his honour and memory.
Say so!
Old 15-10-2010, 02:28 PM

MKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses growMKDave knows where the wild roses grow
So sorry to hear this news
Old 15-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
God, i'm welling up reading the tributes on here, and I'm only 28 with no first hand experience of watching an Allison team

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:32 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm not going to lie, I wasn't one of Big Mal's greatest fans, but he certainly was a great character and he certainly made Palace almost a household name. A very sad day for the followers of us and Man City. RIP
Old 15-10-2010, 02:32 PM
exluxeagle

luxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineluxeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
cpsatellite very well said

RIP big mal thanks for the memories
Old 15-10-2010, 02:34 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
I don't think we should have a minutes silence by the way.

We should have a full minute of singing Malcolm Allison's Red & Blue Army - then Dougie Freedman should walk onto the pitch, in a big sheepskin coat and Fedora hat - stand in front of the Millwall support and - raise his fingers at them - Two on one hand - and a zero sign on the other (with a slight shake, of course).

That is how to remember Malcolm! (I'm joking- well - a bit of me wishes this could happen, but I think we all know what effect it would probably have!)

R.I.P. Malcolm.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:34 PM

palacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacedan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
RIP big Mal never forgoten.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:36 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very sad news indeed. I was too young to have witnessed the Palace of the 1970s, but he certainly left a mark on the club that anybody who knew Palace in the years afterwards would recognise.

My only real memory is of his half-time analysis in the semi-final in 1990. Even though he had clearly enjoyed a glass or six of something, he could see what was happening and what was going to happen better than anybody else, including the commentators and indeed, Kenny Daglish. In that one moment I can imagine what others saw from him in the 1970s.

RIP

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"