Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-02-2021, 09:52 PM

Location: Hiding behind Maidstoned who's hiding behind Biggus
garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I agree, you are in a very small minority.
No he's not
Old 23-02-2021, 10:08 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
What some people fail to seem to understand is that itís not about the results, or the points we get. ...
That's not true at all. It is all about the results and points. When Pardew was putting the ball at risk the same people were moaning about losing 4-5.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:21 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
That's not true at all. It is all about the results and points. When Pardew was putting the ball at risk the same people were moaning about losing 4-5.
To be fair that 4-5 game against Swansea was an embarrassment to professional football at any level let alone the Premier League.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 23-02-2021, 10:27 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I keep coming back to the same point;

Roy’s one and only objective given to him by his bosses is ‘keep the club in the PL’.

He will therefore do what is necessary to do so. I think that’s a good part of the reason we play like we do. Because the way we play will get you 36 - 46 points in an average season.

If that’s his one and only job, why would he risk anything else. He probably drags in a £1m bonus for keeping us up.

On that basis, I find it difficult to criticise him.

Just my opinion anyway.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:29 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post

Whilst I also wanted Pardew gone after that debacleMod a match, you have picked out one game. We could pick out plenty of games too under Roy. Pardew never lost 7-0 to Liverpool or any other team at home by that amount, nor numerous games where weíve barely had a chance in a game. Like Pardew, itís the long term issues and he was overdue his sacking too.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:33 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Roy Hodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

Royís one and only objective given to him by his bosses is Ďkeep the club in the PLí.

He will therefore do what is necessary to do so. I think thatís a good part of the reason we play like we do. Because the way we play will get you 36 - 46 points in an average season.

If thatís his one and only job, why would he risk anything else. He probably drags in a £1m bonus for keeping us up.

Just my opinion anyway.

And my response that is, surely that can be a compromise whereby you can play football and also get results. People seem to think you have either it to be Barca of yesteryear or us now. There is also a middle ground. You donít have to be as dull as dishwater just to pick up points. Yes, we have injuries (like all teams) but even when we have had a near on full strength squad we play so negatively and in some games have barely threatened the opposing team once or twice all game.

Last edited by andyocpfc; 23-02-2021 at 11:03 PM.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:59 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
And my response that is, surely that can be a compromise whereby you can play football and also get results. People seem to think you have either it to be Barca of yesterday or us now. There is also a middle ground. You don’t have to be as dull as dishwater just to pick up points. Yes, we have injuries (like all teams) but even when we have had a near on full strength squad we play so negatively and in some games have barely threatened the opposing team once or twice all game.
This is what some do not appreciate . If you say we just want us to be a bit more positive the response is that we are not able to go toe to toe / play expansive football . That is not what people are asking for . It should not be beyond us to pass more accurately or have a bit more movement .
We are told the way we play is the only way to avoid relegation . Well i think if we continue to invite so much pressure and give initiative to opposition , we will eventually go down . There is a balance to be had . RH has done a decent job here but it is a time to freshen things up . With so many new players needed , it would be better to have a new man in .
Old 23-02-2021, 11:01 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ok. Pulis did not exactly play expansive football but we attacked from a really strong defensive base and always posed a threat. Under Roy we are boring as hell and get lucky .
Old 23-02-2021, 11:05 PM

November85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To be fair to Roy, we played some decent stuff when we had Cabaye and RLC in midfield and a fully fit Sakho and Tomkins at the back.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:06 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:

Royís one and only objective given to him by his bosses is Ďkeep the club in the PLí.

He will therefore do what is necessary to do so. I think thatís a good part of the reason we play like we do. Because the way we play will get you 36 - 46 points in an average season.

If thatís his one and only job, why would he risk anything else. He probably drags in a £1m bonus for keeping us up.

Just my opinion anyway.
There is a middle ground. There is NO reason for us to set up and play against middle to low ranking teams. Constantly. Like we are Rotherham v Barca. Our players are not that bad, nor are they brilliant. I find it odd, inflexible, frustrating - and all like a soulless business transaction, which I suppose it is. Thing is we wonít attract players if this, as Carraghee said, is noe seen as our permanent house style or brand. And I donít think you can defend deep - for season after season. Especially without a Zaha.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:10 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:

Just my opinion anyway.
As one wise football guru once said - "be careful what clever little sausages you wish for, and the fact of the matter....is dildos"
Old 23-02-2021, 11:21 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
"You have to separate the wheat from the chafe" said the same guru on talksport this morning.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:49 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I stopped reading there as you are making it up as you go along.

At least quote me on something I said rather than something that's in your head
Yawn... then ignored where I said I apologised if I did mis-read. But Iím not the only one who has taken your posts in that way.

Anyway, I think I enjoy that complete smash and grab job as much as any other win weíve had against them in the PL.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Just my opinion anyway.
That's almost as funny as last night
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Staying in the PL is the only goal at present, because the income it affords is not available from a Sugar Daddy owner. We need the money to complete and fund the Academy and to develop a dilapidated ground - both of which will help the club to boost its income. It's pretty simple, isn't it?
Old Yesterday, 12:05 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Staying in the PL is the only goal at present, because the income it affords is not available from a Sugar Daddy owner. We need the money to complete and fund the Academy and to develop a dilapidated ground - both of which will help the club to boost its income. It's pretty simple, isn't it?
Yep. Wilf wants to win things though, as any ambitious footballer should.
Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
He’s 73. He won’t be managing us forever. With the dozen or so players out of contract at the end of the season now seems as good a time as any.

I’m very fond of the bloke, he’s done a good job.

I’d like to enjoy watching us play a bit more. Albeit the last 30 seconds or so of yesterday’s match were bloody marvellous.

Cricket wanker.
Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
In a match where one team controls possession and has almost all the shots, there is normally only one winner. Yesterday was, delightfully, the exception but it doesn't change the usual rule.

Yes, I used a shorthand which you jumped upon but you didn't quite 'correct' me properly. The proof is in the 'eating' rather than literal 'tasting.' However, last night 'tasted' very good indeed.

We are still in real trouble next season, unless we have the transfer window of all time
Itís the bit in bold that I am preoccupied with and have been for a while. It feels as if we have squeezed the juice out of the Ďsquad lemoní and there is little left for next season. To me itís a minor miracle that we look likely to book another PL season next year but I canít see that being repeated without some very clever business and likely some exceptional funding. A combo of rolling over contracts and retains existing ageing, injury prone players plus some discards from other clubs on frees wonít hack it. The Manager selection has to reflect the inevitable weaknesses.
Old Yesterday, 12:39 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
To be fair that 4-5 game against Swansea was an embarrassment to professional football at any level let alone the Premier League.
But if we had won it 5-4 most fans if honest would have been happy.
Old Yesterday, 12:46 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Staying in the PL is the only goal at present, because the income it affords is not available from a Sugar Daddy owner.
Could this just be plastered to the top of every BBS thread? Such a simple fact, yet completely missed every time someone asks why we aren't competing with West Ham, Wolves, Leicester etc, or generally pushing up the table.