Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-02-2021, 09:45 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
I think the timings are incredibly cautious and conservative (small C). If these dates get pushed back, considering seasonality and the vaccine factor, something seriously wrong has happened IMO.
I lean one way then the other. It won't be a variant it'll be morons. But I guess there have been lots of large gatherings over the past year that haven't kicked off much. No matter about restrictions/masks a highly transmissible virus has done as it pleases it almost feels like. But we'll see. We do have the vaccine and season on our side. And a much lower base to start from. Already May 20 levels.
Old 23-02-2021, 09:45 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The conversations around domestic vaccine passports seem pretty worrying to me, even more so that there seems to be a decent level of public support for them.

I don't really have a problem with proving vaccination status for international travel but the suggestion that you might need it to go to the shops, pub, cinema etc seems to me to set a potentially dangerous precedent and also feels completely disproportionate to the underlying risks.
Old 23-02-2021, 09:46 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Can see people ignoring any extension, dates in the heads now.
I'd agree with this, I also suspect compliance will start slipping even more over the next few weeks anyway, what with the end being in sight.
Old 23-02-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I lean one way then the other. It won't be a variant it'll be morons.
It will be really interesting to see the impact of schools in isolation once they go back. I think if they don't make a huge difference to hospitalisations then hard to see anything standing in the way of the roadmap as published.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:10 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
The conversations around domestic vaccine passports seem pretty worrying to me, even more so that there seems to be a decent level of public support for them.

I don't really have a problem with proving vaccination status for international travel but the suggestion that you might need it to go to the shops, pub, cinema etc seems to me to set a potentially dangerous precedent and also feels completely disproportionate to the underlying risks.
Surely the passports are only for large events? I think the answer is to have vaccinated sections although when children can't be vaccinated yet I'm not sure how that could work which then brings into how any vaccine passports can work.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:22 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:

It’s a nightmare for a whole host of reasons.

It also opens up the whole issue of: if employers can disqualify people on the basis of a vaccine from their job, why shouldn’t this extend to other health areas such as how regularly they exercise, how well they eat, how much they drink etc.

If these things are poor that makes them more susceptible to illness so a greater risk so grounds for contract termination? Extreme but all works as an extension of the same principle.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:36 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I saw that my mates mental wife has commented on a Facebook page about passports saying they should be used. I then commented saying they should be for MMR as well, knowing full well she didn't get her kids vaccinated. I await the reaction.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:

I've seen some absolute c*nts who are completely for vaccine passports, saying they won't have a problem with unvaccinated people being unable to attend events, pubs, go on holiday, etc. As long as they can "get on with their life".

Thick selfish twats like that deserve a long life, locked up at home, and unemployed forever.
Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
It’s a nightmare for a whole host of reasons.

It also opens up the whole issue of: if employers can disqualify people on the basis of a vaccine from their job, why shouldn’t this extend to other health areas such as how regularly they exercise, how well they eat, how much they drink etc.

If these things are poor that makes them more susceptible to illness so a greater risk so grounds for contract termination? Extreme but all works as an extension of the same principle.
Being unfit, eating shite and drinking booze isn't contagious. That's the driver behind this idea - that someone who's been vaccinated is far less likely to infect others with covid than a non-vaccinated person.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Surely the passports are only for large events? I think the answer is to have vaccinated sections although when children can't be vaccinated yet I'm not sure how that could work which then brings into how any vaccine passports can work.
Simple. Ban children from public events and places.

Planes with no kids, supermarkets with no kids. Oh man, it would be like heaven.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesy View Post
Either highest infection numbers or slowest reducing according to gov.uk website as follows:

Slough
Luton
Leicester
Bradford

I really hope that authorities are moving within those communities and educating the residents about vaccines, even knocking on doors if they have to.

We have to get this beat as a whole country.
There really is no reason not to have the vaccine. Its not just for them its for everyone else too. What sort of a god do you worship if He/It won't understand that? and so far as I can tell theres no beef' pork etc involved
Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
I've seen some absolute c*nts who are completely for vaccine passports, saying they won't have a problem with unvaccinated people being unable to attend events, pubs, go on holiday, etc. As long as they can "get on with their life".

Thick selfish twats like that deserve a long life, locked up at home, and unemployed forever.
Absolutely, I can't wait to go to the pub and sit near a covid breathing anti-vaccer.
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Simple. Ban children from public events and places.

Planes with no kids, supermarkets with no kids. Oh man, it would be like heaven.
Gets my vote.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM

Free Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
The conversations around domestic vaccine passports seem pretty worrying to me, even more so that there seems to be a decent level of public support for them
Always the plan. Right from the start of the masks nonsense, conspiracy theorists said "this will lead to mandatory vaccines, digital ID and detention centres". They were right all along, not exactly hard to predict.

But at least we can go back to the pub one day.
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Gets my vote.
Motion carried.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
The new cautious Johnson? Perhaps not.....

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Being unfit, eating shite and drinking booze isn't contagious.
But it would probably lead to more sick days being taken so employees may well want to consider.

For me the bit that confuses me is medically exempt people, if you can't have the vaccine for any reason then you are still the same risk to others as anyone else who doesn't have it. However people seem willing to overlook this risk which makes me think the prime driver for most people is in punishing people who choose not to have the vaccine rather than for any public health reason.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
But it would probably lead to more sick days being taken so employees may well want to consider.

For me the bit that confuses me is medically exempt people, if you can't have the vaccine for any reason then you are still the same risk to others as anyone else who doesn't have it. However people seem willing to overlook this risk which makes me think the prime driver for most people is in punishing people who choose not to have the vaccine rather than for any public health reason.
I was sure it was widely reported yesterday that it was either have a vaccine or a negative test - most likely a 15 minute lateral flow one. The idea is for no one to be punished however life will be less arduous with a vaccine.

Kids are going to be tested twice a week so sadly that rules Alders next political party null and void.
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

The numbers involved are not massive, and we do have to accept that virtually nothing in life is absolutely risk-free. That does not mean that we should tolerate unnecessary risk, surely?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
I was sure it was widely reported yesterday that it was either have a vaccine or a negative test - most likely a 15 minute lateral flow one. The idea is for no one to be punished however life will be less arduous with a vaccine.
Does that mean if you're medically exempt you have to have to wait in line 15 minutes before doing anything? I can't see that being legal.