Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-02-2021, 07:44 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I forgot all about Moyes saying that actually. What a tosspot.

I was just thinking about Mourinho and that Physio, he basically ruined her career AFAIK the wanker.

Although was she shagging one of the first team?

If so that is a bit of a problem.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:00 PM
Probationary User

steve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landsteve mull is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Most of them are a dam sight better to look at than the Likes of Lineker and Shearer
Old 16-02-2021, 08:01 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
You can add McInally to those wank male pundits.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:04 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I was just thinking about Mourinho and that Physio, he basically ruined her career AFAIK the wanker.

Although was she shagging one of the first team?

If so that is a bit of a problem.
That certainly wasn’t his finest moment was it. She got a whacking pay off iirc so doubt her career suffered too much.

Yes I think she was bopping Ivanovic.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:13 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I go to men's football to get away from women.
There's a couple of saunas in Vauxhall that are good for this.

Just some quality time with the boys, no girls allowed.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:21 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
There’s a knowledgable Australian lady who commentates on cricket sometimes.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:25 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I am an old sexist.

I don't want to listen to a woman's view (or listen to their commentary) on men's football. I don't want to listen to a scousers view on men's football.

I go to men's football to get away from women. I did not play mixed football.

I would not post abusive comments but I will voice my preference.

Neg away.
Prick
Old 16-02-2021, 08:30 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
They should just get Hazel Irvine to do all sport. What a lady.
She is absolutely superb.

On the radio, Laura Woods is very listenable. Knows her stuff.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-02-2021, 08:30 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
There's a couple of saunas in Vauxhall that are good for this.

Just some quality time with the boys, no girls allowed.
I'll take your word for that one Dave.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:31 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
Prick
It's an opinion, you old keyboard warrior you.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am an old sexist.

I don't want to listen to a woman's view (or listen to their commentary) on men's football. I don't want to listen to a scousers view on men's football.

I go to men's football to get away from women. I did not play mixed football.

I would not post abusive comments but I will voice my preference.

Neg away.

I don’t think life is going to get any easier for you, or football on tv any easier to watch. Might be worth re-examining your attitudes and opening your mind a bit. For your own sake.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:40 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
There’s a knowledgable Australian lady who commentates on cricket sometimes.
Knowledgeable and Australian? You're taking the piss aren't you?
Old 16-02-2021, 08:42 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Whether the new commentators are any good or not just console yourself that they can’t be any worse than the boring farts like big ears who laugh at their own jokes.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:43 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I make you right, you have the right to your preference.

If we want to take the debate further...ESPN have a lot a female pundits for football and for other sports. They even have women on the golf channel giving swing tips. The problem I have with it, not that I mind for viewing purposes, is that they are ALL attractive, the pundits in particular are at model level.

Is providing eye candy to pundit sport not just the 2021 version of top sorts reading the weather in the 1980s? Isn't it more of a hindrance to the furtherment of women in these roles.

Wouldn't Jo Brand or Eddie Izzard make a decent pundit for their knowledge, at least as an occasional part of the round table panel?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
Knowledgeable and Australian? You're taking the piss aren't you?
There was this slow non intimidating bowler called Dennis Lillie who was always a very good panellist on sports shows.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
I don’t think life is going to get any easier for you, or football on tv any easier to watch. Might be worth re-examining your attitudes and opening your mind a bit. For your own sake.
I won't disagree with you there EdMan. I've already got to tuning into matches which exclude the "fake crowd" atmosphere and in all honesty, there's too much football on tv for me anyway.

Antiques Roadshow gets better with each passing week though.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:49 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Yep its all about pitch of voice that gets me. Nowt to do with male or female pundit, although a deep voiced female pundit would be a bit odd. That Carney doesnt seem particularly good at commentary so youve gotta wonder why she got the gig.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:53 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
But wouldn't a first step towards that be having a knowledgeable female pundit to help change his mind in that respect.

In the same way as many of us can't be bothered to tune in for whatever Shearer, Jug Ears, and various others have their say. Or choosing not to bother when Sky studios fill their slots with Man U or Liverpool ex players and managers. At the end of last season as Liverpool were closing in on the title they were all ex Liverpool players, and not even a neutral there let alone someone with links to the opposition. It was akin to a mid 1980's Everton/Liverpool FA Cup Final day. Even Palace marketing made their own joke about it.

What I am saying is that commentators, pundits, refs, linos, players, media, managers and even BBS posters have to earn their respect by being good at what they do. Most aren't TBF.

I suppose it make no difference if mediocre female pundits team up with mediocre male ones. There needs to be a raising of the bar at all levels really. For the most part, you may as well watch the game with the sound off as it stands.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:54 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
It's really irritating when celebrities [so called in some cases] start bleating about discrimination as soon as they are criticised for something on social media. It makes it impossible to weed out the genuine cases because it's like the boy who cried wolf scenario a lot of the time. Didn't one of the Sky presenters complain about racist abuse when someone disagreed with his opinion? As mentioned on this thread already I think there was some genuine criticism of a female pundit made by Leeds fans earlier in the season and rather than the genuine misogynists getting called out their entire fanbase was essentially branded sexist, which is ridiculous. We need to find the bigots, call out the bigotry, and let everyone else debate their opinions.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:58 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I make you right, you have the right to your preference.

If we want to take the debate further...ESPN have a lot a female pundits for football and for other sports. They even have women on the golf channel giving swing tips. The problem I have with it, not that I mind for viewing purposes, is that they are ALL attractive, the pundits in particular are at model level.

Is providing eye candy to pundit sport not just the 2021 version of top sorts reading the weather in the 1980s? Isn't it more of a hindrance to the furtherment of women in these roles.

Wouldn't Jo Brand or Eddie Izzard make a decent pundit for their knowledge, at least as an occasional part of the round table panel?
Yep, you’re right, and it is wrong.

Though sometimes men get annoyed at that for the wrong reason. The annoyance should be “why are women expected to be fit just to get to talk about sport, and men aren’t.” Not “she’s only the TV because she’s hot, stupid bint” etc etc.