Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-02-2021, 09:00 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
But wouldn't a first step towards that be having a knowledgeable female pundit to help change his mind in that respect.

In the same way as many of us can't be bothered to tune in for whatever Shearer, Jug Ears, and various others have their say. Or choosing not to bother when Sky studios fill their slots with Man U or Liverpool ex players and managers. At the end of last season as Liverpool were closing in on the title they were all ex Liverpool players, and not even a neutral there let alone someone with links to the opposition. It was akin to a mid 1980's Everton/Liverpool FA Cup Final day. Even Palace marketing made their own joke about it.

What I am saying is that commentators, pundits, refs, linos, players, media, managers and even BBS posters have to earn their respect by being good at what they do. Most aren't TBF.

I suppose it make no difference if mediocre female pundits team up with mediocre male ones. There needs to be a raising of the bar at all levels really. For the most part, you may as well watch the game with the sound off as it stands.

Iíve seen a couple of female pundits on the box who seemed to know their stuff, one of them still a player I think. Couldnít tell you names though. I admit that female commentators take some getting used to, but thatís probably just because itís still new and unusual. Would happily lose the fake crowd but havenít found that option on live player streams or amazon. Maybe thatíll be possible for the game on Monday if itís on BBC1?
Old 16-02-2021, 09:02 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I am an old sexist.

I don't want to listen to a woman's view

I would not post abusive comments but I will voice my preference.

Neg away.
No you have posted an abusive comment. Belittling someone purely on the basis on their sex is tremendously abusive. Why would you say that a woman's view of any subject is worth less than a makes.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:04 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
But wouldn't a first step towards that be having a knowledgeable female pundit to help change his mind in that respect.

In the same way as many of us can't be bothered to tune in for whatever Shearer, Jug Ears, and various others have their say. Or choosing not to bother when Sky studios fill their slots with Man U or Liverpool ex players and managers. At the end of last season as Liverpool were closing in on the title they were all ex Liverpool players, and not even a neutral there let alone someone with links to the opposition. It was akin to a mid 1980's Everton/Liverpool FA Cup Final day. Even Palace marketing made their own joke about it.

What I am saying is that commentators, pundits, refs, linos, players, media, managers and even BBS posters have to earn their respect by being good at what they do. Most aren't TBF.

I suppose it make no difference if mediocre female pundits team up with mediocre male ones. There needs to be a raising of the bar at all levels really. For the most part, you may as well watch the game with the sound off as it stands.
Without wishing to try to backtrack, because I stand by my initial POV, I find it easy to zone out to male pundits having had years of practice. Once again, my biggest issue is that TV seems to think it is necessary to have a "pundit" to tell me what to think about the game I am watching/have watched. That in itself is something I find particularly objectionable. Highlights programmes like MOTD where the punditry analysis lasts longer than highlights of the game they are analysing ffs! A single male commentary (simply because a female one tends to be squeeky and more difficult to ignore) is all I ask for.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:09 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Yep, youíre right, and it is wrong.

Though sometimes men get annoyed at that for the wrong reason. The annoyance should be ďwhy are women expected to be fit just to get to talk about sport, and men arenít.Ē Not ďsheís only the TV because sheís hot, stupid bintĒ etc etc.
I would suggest that many football supporting women who are not naturally considered 'hot', and I might include the head of the FSA in that, are likely to be very knowledgeable. But there is knowledgeable and there is the other side of the coin..in a dumbed down world you wouldn't want someone with their finger so on the pulse it wold make the highly paid old guard look rather stupid in the dumbed down Premier League commentary/punditry world.

I suspect being an ex England player is pretty good credentials.

I support Palacemetros against those looking to dig his post out...Why? I don't like how the likes of BBC Sport are promoting Women's football to a status it doesn't merit. In the current scores and fixture details it shouldn't be above the championship...but I have the same issue with Scottish, Spanish, Italian, German and French football. Get the football eague, national league and FA Cup higher on that list first. And you can be sure that if Man Utd are playing Liverpool in the Cup it is first on the list. If Watford are playing Norwich in the same competition why should it be relegated to a scroll down the page.

It's bollox, and those calling Palacemetros out in this way are part of the problem.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:10 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
No you have posted an abusive comment. Belittling someone purely on the basis on their sex is tremendously abusive. Why would you say that a woman's view of any subject is worth less than a makes.
I haven't belittled anybody. I have expressed my preference. I have an option which is the "off" button and I use it. An opinion can be voiced or expressed by anyone, male or female; scouse or non scouse. I don't have to listen to it. Where did I say that a woman's view on any subject is worth less than a male?

BTW, when you quote a post, quote the whole thing rather than choice bits.

Last edited by palacemetros; 16-02-2021 at 09:14 PM.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:11 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
Only in your mind treacle.

Do you get paid to get offended on behalf of others?

Old 16-02-2021, 09:11 PM

Brodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I am an old sexist.

I don't want to listen to a woman's view (or listen to their commentary) on men's football. I don't want to listen to a scousers view on men's football.

I go to men's football to get away from women. I did not play mixed football.

I would not post abusive comments but I will voice my preference.

Neg away.
Bit of an odd comment given men's football isn't just for men to enjoy.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:12 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It's an opinion, you old keyboard warrior you.
Love you palacemetros xx

Last edited by mrB; 16-02-2021 at 10:38 PM.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:14 PM

Brodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very odd to proudly proclaim one's self an old sexist like it's a badge of honour too. Sad state of affairs when that sort of comment doesn't surprise me. Fortunately that attitude will go the way of the dinosaurs. Last of a dying breed, touch wood.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:14 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
That comment struck me a bit.

Palacemetros, where do you stand on if your wife, girlfriend, daughter, sister etc wanted to come to Selhurst with you?
Old 16-02-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
Fair comment. I thought about that afterwards. Maybe it's to get away from my woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
It's really irritating when celebrities [so called in some cases] start bleating about discrimination as soon as they are criticised for something on social media. It makes it impossible to weed out the genuine cases because it's like the boy who cried wolf scenario a lot of the time. Didn't one of the Sky presenters complain about racist abuse when someone disagreed with his opinion? As mentioned on this thread already I think there was some genuine criticism of a female pundit made by Leeds fans earlier in the season and rather than the genuine misogynists getting called out their entire fanbase was essentially branded sexist, which is ridiculous. We need to find the bigots, call out the bigotry, and let everyone else debate their opinions.
The worst thing of all regarding most subjects, but the most terrible football, is when they get C list celebs commentating on some 30 minute programme about the 80s, or the 1990 WC. Nothing more cringeworthy than some sap boring all and sundry with his or her take on Gazza's tears.

You are fairly cetain that the twonk has perhaps seen three games live from the director's box of some big club's stadium.

Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't like how the likes of BBC Sport are promoting Women's football to a status it doesn't merit.
Iím curious why you think womenís football doesnít merit the status itís being given. Is that just based on the current audience sizes?
Old 16-02-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
That comment struck me a bit.

Palacemetros, where do you stand on if your wife, girlfriend, daughter, sister etc wanted to come to Selhurst with you?
Sounds like a horrible environment for female family members if they'd be expected to shut up, be seen and not heard. I tried to give the post the benefit of the doubt at first but the more I delve into it the more awful it seems.

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Without wishing to try to backtrack, because I stand by my initial POV, I find it easy to zone out to male pundits having had years of practice. Once again, my biggest issue is that TV seems to think it is necessary to have a "pundit" to tell me what to think about the game I am watching/have watched. That in itself is something I find particularly objectionable. Highlights programmes like MOTD where the punditry analysis lasts longer than highlights of the game they are analysing ffs! A single male commentary (simply because a female one tends to be squeeky and more difficult to ignore) is all I ask for.
I'm sorry to be blunt, but this is quite muttonheaded stuff.

If you don't want pre and post match commenting, turn the TV on at 3pm (or whenever the game starts) and turn it off just after the final whistle.

If you don't like the punditry on Match of the Day then watch the silent highlights on You Tube.

TBH you sound like a self centered misogynist.

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
IMHO Karen Carney is arguably BT Sports best co commentator. Albeit it’s a low bar. She seems dull because she waits for her opinion to be asked rather than butting in with random groaning noises like Steve McManaman.

Efan Ekoku I think is the best on any platform lately. Informed, articulate and doesn’t turn himself into the main star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
No, you are a ******* prick, you old dumb **** you...

**** off to your old sad mens club where you can feel superior over women.
I sense someone has got a little rattled. Care to debate rather than rant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
No, you are a ******* prick, you old dumb **** you...

**** off to your old sad mens club where you can feel superior over women.
That is a ridiculous post.

Old 16-02-2021, 09:17 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fingers crossed palacemetros can see the ridiculousness of his statement and change his views.

Come on mate, its not that hard, do you listen to your mother/wife/daughters opinions???
Old 16-02-2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I'm sorry to be blunt, but this is quite muttonheaded stuff.

If you don't want pre and post match commenting, turn the TV on at 3pm (or whenever the game starts) and turn it off just after the final whistle.

If you don't like the punditry on Match of the Day then watch the silent highlights on You Tube.

TBH you sound like a self centered misogynist.
He said he preferred not to listen to female pundits expressing their opnions. He didn't say they shouldn't.

It is clear he does exactly what you say and switches the shite off. That is 100 times better than the swaythes of BBSers on here that whine about this scouse commentator or that one.

It is clear that not enough of the general public are complaining about the continual employment of these twats to the TV companies. If many people did they would be jettisoned. Carragher still got the gig following the spitting incident.