Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-02-2021, 09:22 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
That is a ridiculous post.
Apologies Pete and all, maybe too strong but maybe respect professional women footballers, women fans and pundits.

Football is a game that can be enjoyed by all and everyones opinion is worth the same in my view.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:23 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
Fingers crossed palacemetros can see the ridiculousness of his statement and change his views.

Come on mate, its not that hard, do you listen to your mother/wife/daughters opinions???
Probably not when they are talking about football.

Mine popped into the room just as Burnley scored the third, laughed, and made a little joke. Day before St Valentine's....

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:23 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
It’s a tough gig given the intelligence of the average fan. I highly recommend never listening to commentary or pundits again. The game improves and you save valuable time
Old 16-02-2021, 09:26 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
He said he preferred not to listen to female pundits expressing their opnions. He didn't say they shouldn't.

It is clear he does exactly what you say and switches the shite off. That is 100 times better than the swaythes of BBSers on here that whine about this scouse commentator or that one.

It is clear that not enough of the general public are complaining about the continual employment of these twats to the TV companies. If many people did they would be jettisoned. Carragher still got the gig following the spitting incident.
This is a sanitised and apologist version of what he said.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:26 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Apologies Pete and all, maybe too strong but maybe respect professional women footballers, women fans and pundits.

Football is a game that can be enjoyed by all and everyones opinion is worth the same in my view.
As I said, it depends on the quaity of the pundit. I ry and take an interest on what the bombshells oF ESPN Argentina say on football - Premier, Spanish, Italian etc.. I watch the debates they have with the panel of ex male footballers.

I have to translate, bu I get the impression the whole standard is higher.

The male co-commentators are spot on with their in game analysis of Palace's problems.

It all puts the standards in England to shame across the board.

Old 16-02-2021, 09:27 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
Sounds like a horrible environment for female family members if they'd be expected to shut up, be seen and not heard. I tried to give the post the benefit of the doubt at first but the more I delve into it the more awful it seems.
I'm not quite sure how you made that leap Brodie but I think you may have read a little too much into it.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:27 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I haven't belittled anybody. I have expressed my preference. I have an option which is the "off" button and I use it. An opinion can be voiced or expressed by anyone, male or female; scouse or non scouse. I don't have to listen to it. Where did I say that a woman's view on any subject is worth less than a male?

BTW, when you quote a post, quote the whole thing rather than choice bits.
Ok what happens when the comments about football are written and you agree with every word and then find it was written by a female. Do you then change your mind?
Old 16-02-2021, 09:30 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fingers crossed palacemetros can see the ridiculousness of his statement and change his views.

Come on mate, its not that hard, do you listen to your mother/wife/daughters opinions???
Yes of course I do. I love 'em to bits and I know my place in the general scheme of things.

But this is football! It's all I've got.
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
People take the pundits far too seriously anyway IMHO. It’s just the padding around the game. Good luck to anyone who can make a living from it. Would rather check out opinion on the BBS or just chat about the game with whoever.

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I make you right, you have the right to your preference.

If we want to take the debate further...ESPN have a lot a female pundits for football and for other sports. They even have women on the golf channel giving swing tips. The problem I have with it, not that I mind for viewing purposes, is that they are ALL attractive, the pundits in particular are at model level.

Is providing eye candy to pundit sport not just the 2021 version of top sorts reading the weather in the 1980s? Isn't it more of a hindrance to the furtherment of women in these roles.

Wouldn't Jo Brand or Eddie Izzard make a decent pundit for their knowledge, at least as an occasional part of the round table panel?
But when the 50% of the population who are female are watching do you think they are considering how attractive or not the pundits are or are they listening to them because they are good at what they do?
Old 16-02-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
This is a sanitised and apologist version of what he said.
Only if you decided to read what you wanted to read from his flippant post.

If you chose to take his post as a stick to beat him with then that his your perogative.

Personally, I didn't read it as ...' all women are dumbarsed cnuts that should keep their fecking gobs shut on any fecking subject if they don't want to cop a right hander'

I watched a snippet of Gosford Park earlier. After dinner, the Lord of the house told the women to leave to the other room so the men could talk. He later suggested the two handsome male late arrivals could join the ladies to keep them amused.

Old 16-02-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Yes of course I do. I love 'em to bits and I know my place in the general scheme of things.

But this is football! It's all I've got.
But then why is a woman's opinion of football worse than a males if you are happy to accept their opinions on all other subjects.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Probably not when they are talking about football.

Mine popped into the room just as Burnley scored the third, laughed, and made a little joke. Day before St Valentine's....

I know what you mean Pete. Mrs PM tries so hard but her son (not mine) is Br*ghton!!
Old 16-02-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
But when the 50% of the population who are female are watching do you think they are considering how attractive or not the pundits are or are they listening to them because they are good at what they do?
Do you think 50% of the population who are female are watching football?

I don't understand your point at all?

Are you suggesting that women should be allowed to watch male pundits because they are attractive regardless of their knowledge, or that male pundits in England have comments worth listening to.

You have strung yourself up by your own petard. I can't see a way to interpret your post in any way that isn't nonsense.

Old 16-02-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Ok what happens when the comments about football are written and you agree with every word and then find it was written by a female. Do you then change your mind?
No, I wouldn't.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:36 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Oh, I might like screechy woman in that case (when she's not screeching, of course). Definitely not a Brummie I'm talking about.

I forgot all about Moyes saying that actually. What a tosspot.

I'll take note who I'm listening to next time, it's going to bug me now
Carney also has a Cockney Gal tone to her voice as well as black country....horrible
Old 16-02-2021, 09:37 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
What about the gays? Are their opinions on football as valid as the straights?
Old 16-02-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
No, I wouldn't.
So what's the difference when it's the spoken word. Is there a quality in the female voice that lessens the value of what they say?
Old 16-02-2021, 09:40 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Football punditry, male or female, bar a few exceptions, is beyond awful. Dumbed down cliche riddled bollocks. Rugby and Cricket put it to shame.
Completely agree, exiled.

Summarisers, co-commentators etc. are there to communicate but so many are simply inarticulate. Very few have even a good grasp of the English language - 'It's one of those, Gary' - what the **** does that mean?

This is not a 'women' problem : Gabby Logan, Eilidh Barbour, Michelle Owen, Jacqui Oatley are all fine broadcasters.

I grew up listening to the radio commentaries of Bryon Butler & Peter Jones, to the TV commentaries of Brian Moore, Hugh Johns & even John Motson & Barry Davies. These were people who made a career out of communicating, who crafted their art, probably learnt their trade on local radio & on local newspapers.

Now, people like Karen Carney, Robbie Savage, Stephen Warnock, Micah Richards are on national radio & TV five minutes after hanging up their boots. No wonder they're so poor.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Paul, he's made a fair point. Will they roll out the female equivalent of a gnarled Mark Lawrenson for punditry? The TV executives know the score and will use women to boost viewing figures in a male dominated spectator sport. Motor racing, speedway, they all do it. It's wrong but denying it won't make it right.