Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-02-2021, 09:40 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post

I know what you mean Pete. Mrs PM tries so hard but her son (not mine) is Br*ghton!!
If Virginia takes an interest then she can comment on the football. The ridiculous VAR handball idiocy at the start of this season for example.

But she is not a football fan, and she knows that. She mostly doesn't care. Chile perhaps, Palace for me very occasionally. And she detests female football as an utter waste of time - I have to argue with her why it is good to have female football at all levels.

I believe she would tink that good female commentators and pundits are a good thing. On balance, but that might depend on what mood she is in. If she is in a bad mood at first time of asking, she may well be more intrangiscent than you, and hate them forever. LOL

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:42 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Do you think 50% of the population who are female are watching football?

I don't understand your point at all?

Are you suggesting that women should be allowed to watch male pundits because they are attractive regardless of their knowledge, or that male pundits in England have comments worth listening to.

You have strung yourself up by your own petard. I can't see a way to interpret your post in any way that isn't nonsense.
You're the the one who brought their appearance into it. You even mention 'model quality' whatever that is. As a Male you've felt the need to comment on it. I'm saying a female watching wouldn't bring this up.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:44 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Completely agree, exiled.

Summarisers, co-commentators etc. are there to communicate but so many are simply inarticulate. Very few have even a good grasp of the English language - 'It's one of those, Gary' - what the **** does that mean?

This is not a 'women' problem : Gabby Logan, Eilidh Barbour, Michelle Owen, Jacqui Oatley are all fine broadcasters.

I grew up listening to the radio commentaries of Bryon Butler & Peter Jones, to the TV commentaries of Brian Moore, Hugh Johns & even John Motson & Barry Davies. These were people who made a career out of communicating, who crafted their art, probably learnt their trade on local radio & on local newspapers.

Now, people like Karen Carney, Robbie Savage, Stephen Warnock, Micah Richards are on national radio & TV five minutes after hanging up their boots. No wonder they're so poor.
Best post yet.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:49 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So basically, women who are knowledgable/watch and know a lot about football = OK, men who are knowledgable/watch and know a lot about football = OK.

Unless the ***** support Brighton of course.

Pundits are normally shite, but personal preference.

Night all x
Old 16-02-2021, 09:50 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
But then why is a woman's opinion of football worse than a males if you are happy to accept their opinions on all other subjects.
I didn't say it was. I said I don't want to have to listen to it. In your hurry to post you seem to have failed to read what I have written. I stated that I could zone out to male punditry because I've had the practice over the years. I have yet to perfect that art with women's voices. I switch off more often than not.
I think you have 16 of your 20 questions left.

Night x
Old 16-02-2021, 09:51 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Only if you decided to read what you wanted to read from his flippant post.

If you chose to take his post as a stick to beat him with then that his your perogative.

Personally, I didn't read it as ...' all women are dumbarsed cnuts that should keep their fecking gobs shut on any fecking subject if they don't want to cop a right hander'

I watched a snippet of Gosford Park earlier. After dinner, the Lord of the house told the women to leave to the other room so the men could talk. He later suggested the two handsome male late arrivals could join the ladies to keep them amused.
I am usually the handsome later arrival at most parties I attend
Old 16-02-2021, 09:53 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
I didn't say it was. I said I don't want to have to listen to it. In your hurry to post you seem to have failed to read what I have written. I stated that I could zone out to male punditry because I've had the practice over the years. I have yet to perfect that art with women's voices. I switch off more often than not.

Night x
Congratulations Palacemetros on your restrained responses to all the abuse
Old 16-02-2021, 10:02 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Night x
One last post 'night' question. If the female had a deep 'male' sounding voice it would ok? You never made it clear if you didn't want to hear a female's voice or just that it was a female.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:02 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Only if you decided to read what you wanted to read from his flippant post.

If you chose to take his post as a stick to beat him with then that his your perogative.

Personally, I didn't read it as ...' all women are dumbarsed cnuts that should keep their fecking gobs shut on any fecking subject if they don't want to cop a right hander'

I watched a snippet of Gosford Park earlier. After dinner, the Lord of the house told the women to leave to the other room so the men could talk. He later suggested the two handsome male late arrivals could join the ladies to keep them amused.
Come on Peter. He started with "I'm an old sexist" and ended with "I go to football to get away from women". Am I supposed to read into some sort ironic eye twinkle here?

Pundits are employed for their inside knowledge of football, an industry not renowned for its academics and eloquence. Calling them out for their cliché spattered vernacular is not particularly insightful. It should be of no surprise that rugby and cricket elicits more articulate former players as they've proportionately had a better start in life and many have even had a tertiary education.

I also notice that none of the male commentators has been criticised for the pitch of his voice. This is also a bias.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Congratulations Palacemetros on your restrained responses to all the abuse
I set myself up tbf
Old 16-02-2021, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
One last post 'night' question. If the female had a deep 'male' sounding voice it would ok? You never made it clear if you didn't want to hear a female's voice or just that it was a female.
I'll ponder that one if I may. I suspect it's the high pitch of the voice more than anything. It's why I can't stand the scouse accents of Owen & McManaman.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:09 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
I set myself up tbf
Indeed, but shown class in defence, whilst your detractors have frothed at the mouth
Old 16-02-2021, 10:23 PM

Brodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'm not quite sure how you made that leap Brodie but I think you may have read a little too much into it.
That was just how it came across to me. I'm sure you're a nice enough chap and fair enough if I got the wrong end of the stick.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:27 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
No, you are a ******* prick, you old dumb **** you...

**** off to your old sad mens club where you can feel superior over women.
Was this actually real?
Old 16-02-2021, 10:29 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Abuse of female pundits

Quote:
I am an old sexist.

I don't want to listen to a woman's view (or listen to their commentary) on men's football. I don't want to listen to a scousers view on men's football.

I go to men's football to get away from women. I did not play mixed football.

I would not post abusive comments but I will voice my preference.

Neg away.

I don’t want to neg or slag you off. At least you’re being honest.

Does seem slightly odd way of thinking, though. Don’t get me wrong, I think I’d give up football all together if the Mrs started offering her analysis on it.

Not sure why you extend that to all women, though.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:30 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Alex Scott is the best mainstream pundit on tv at the moment after Gary Neville, for me.

Yes.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:35 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethenryhallandhisbasque came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't want to hear a man pontificate on shapewear. Equally, I don't want to hear women pundits discussing men's football.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:37 PM

Brodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Indeed, but shown class in defence, whilst your detractors have frothed at the mouth
I think it is important that perceived chauvinistic and sexist comments are challenged and probed to find the true meaning and intent behind them, even if the comments are made facetiously and flippantly. It may seem like people have been 'frothing at the mouth' about it, but it is so prevalent for men to make ridiculous comments about female officials, pundits and others within men's football that it isn't really much different to the casual attitude people used to have regarding homophobic and racist comments.

It is up to us to challenge seemingly innocent and innocuous comments to ensure that sort of attitude is weeded out over time. Even if there was no real nasty feeling behind it. I would like to think palacemetros is a nice enough guy and does not have any sexist views about women in his day to day life, treating women with respect. But I'm quite proud of people challenging his comments even if they may have been a bit inflammatory or over the top in response, as the comments made were a bit stupid.

Last edited by Brodie Lee; 16-02-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:38 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Was this actually real?
Nope, check again
Old 16-02-2021, 11:03 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
I think it is important that perceived chauvinistic and sexist comments are challenged and probed to find the true meaning and intent behind them, even if the comments are made facetiously and flippantly. It may seem like people have been 'frothing at the mouth' about it, but it is so prevalent for men to make ridiculous comments about female officials, pundits and others within men's football that it isn't really much different to the casual attitude people used to have regarding homophobic and racist comments.

It is up to us to challenge seemingly innocent and innocuous comments to ensure that sort of attitude is weeded out over time. Even if there was no real nasty feeling behind it. I would like to think palacemetros is a nice enough guy and does not have any sexist views about women in his day to day life, treating women with respect. But I'm quite proud of people challenging his comments even if they may have been a bit inflammatory or over the top in response, as the comments made were a bit stupid.
Some may say you are downplaying the volume of the personal abuse in comparison to the perceived offence