Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-02-2021, 11:53 PM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
There’s a knowledgable Australian lady who commentates on cricket sometimes.
That would be Mel Mclaughlin. Very easy on the eye and she does know her stuff.

Chris Gayle is a big fan.
Old 17-02-2021, 12:44 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhallandhisbasque View Post
I don't want to hear a man pontificate on shapewear.
So you didn't enjoy my podcast?
Old 17-02-2021, 12:57 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
I’m curious why you think women’s football doesn’t merit the status it’s being given. Is that just based on the current audience sizes?
On the basis that I don't think many people give a feck about it, and it seems to being pushed on the public. When Man Utd women beat some team in the FA Cup 5-0 who on here is interested for example-

I was more interested when it was all about Arsenal vs Doncaster Belles.

I think it is the BBC being right on. Just like their annual African Player of The Year vote. What about Europe, Asia, South America. Why have just that category.

I guess my beef is with the BBC really. I also don't like how the Barcelona or Real Madrid game becomes top priority even when a Premier game hasn't even finished.

I have either misread the room, need to change my news source, or I have others sick of seeing a list of Women's international U21 fixtures high up on a football scores page.

I would also add in the urgency of everyone seeing the score between Hibernian and St Mirren above what may be happening in the Championship.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 17-02-2021, 01:00 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
One last post 'night' question. If the female had a deep 'male' sounding voice it would ok? You never made it clear if you didn't want to hear a female's voice or just that it was a female.
All is fine, unless she has a scouse voice.

Old 17-02-2021, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I also notice that none of the male commentators has been criticised for the pitch of his voice. This is also a bias.
I don't know what part of scouse has passed you by.

Old 17-02-2021, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
I think it is important that perceived chauvinistic and sexist comments are challenged and probed to find the true meaning and intent behind them, even if the comments are made facetiously and flippantly. It may seem like people have been 'frothing at the mouth' about it, but it is so prevalent for men to make ridiculous comments about female officials, pundits and others within men's football that it isn't really much different to the casual attitude people used to have regarding homophobic and racist comments.

It is up to us to challenge seemingly innocent and innocuous comments to ensure that sort of attitude is weeded out over time. Even if there was no real nasty feeling behind it. I would like to think palacemetros is a nice enough guy and does not have any sexist views about women in his day to day life, treating women with respect. But I'm quite proud of people challenging his comments even if they may have been a bit inflammatory or over the top in response, as the comments made were a bit stupid.
Apparently it is important for you to do this. To the point of wasting time on a football chat site about it. Others aren't so fecking soppy and soft in the head.

Old 17-02-2021, 01:05 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
I’m curious why you think women’s football doesn’t merit the status it’s being given. Is that just based on the current audience sizes?
Apart from the same problem with the “Big clubs” it’s getting better all the time. Some of the commentators there are great. Bring them over and get rid of some of the dross both male and female we have got at the moment.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-02-2021, 01:08 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post

I also notice that none of the male commentators has been criticised for the pitch of his voice. This is also a bias.
Was in my very first post. I can’t stand Jamie Carragher for just that reason. Maybe he does, like Alex Scott, talk sense I just twitch when he speaks and can’t zone it out.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-02-2021, 01:17 AM

Brodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Apparently it is important for you to do this. To the point of wasting time on a football chat site about it. Others aren't so fecking soppy and soft in the head.
What are you doing on here then? Wasting your time replying to someone else wasting their time on a football site talking about it.

Fortunately I think your attitude is a minority view and one that is on the way out. I don't think there's anything soppy or soft in the head about challenging sexist attitudes and comments quite frankly.
Old 17-02-2021, 01:21 AM

TBF. People were criticising the voice of the female commentator covering Palace games on the radio for a good time. Or her bad pronunciation of Palace.

Anything male, female, trans gender, no gender, alien, whatever is better thanputting up with the nuggets coming from the usual suspects - that may be MOTD, Sky, Talksport, and a lot of the written press.

Too much bias, too much important stuff ignored when it goes against the unfavoured club. Highlights carved up and missing stuff. Dismissive punditry, commentary about big teams during matches not featuring said teams, Commentator doesn't know anything about Mitchell so he loosely references AWB into the comments...All the shite about Combined 11s from the big teams. Pundits and reporters getting pissed off and blocking people when they take umbrage at their outrageous comments.

Any female (or male) with a touch of nous speaking insightful stuff on a regular basis would be a breath of fresh air. If they got anywhere close to what regular match attending fans from clubs outside Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea thought then it will be like the second coming.

Old 17-02-2021, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
What are you doing on here then? Wasting your time replying to someone else wasting their time on a football site talking about it.

Fortunately I think your attitude is a minority view and one that is on the way out. I don't think there's anything soppy or soft in the head about challenging sexist attitudes and comments quite frankly.
You are so soft in the head, you don't know what my view is.

I don't think women's football merits a place so high up the agenda, just because people are pushing it.

I also think individuals should be free to view its merits as they see fit, and they shouldn't be browbeaten into giving it respect by soppy tartswith high screechy internet voices like yourself.

HTH

Old 17-02-2021, 01:31 AM

Brodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You are so soft in the head, you don't know what my view is.

I don't think women's football merits a place so high up the agenda, just because people are pushing it.

I also think individuals should be free to view its merits as they see fit, and they shouldn't be browbeaten into giving it respect by soppy tartswith high screechy internet voices like yourself.

HTH
I mean, this has literally nothing to do with what I originally said. At all.

The sort of stuff you're coming out with is the same sort of apologist shit people came out with when people were chanting homophobic slurs at Brighton fans. To try and somehow justify behaviour that is wrong. People used to casually talk about it being fine and anybody saying it's not acceptable was funnily enough, soft in the head and outraged about anything.
Someone posted something that was arguably fairly sexist. This person was challenged by numerous posters. Not sure how that makes me or anyone who challenged it soft in the head.

People are free to make comments about 'not wanting to listen to a woman's view on men's football', and people have the right to challenge that sort of view for being archaic. Seems like you want freedom of speech only one way.
Old 17-02-2021, 01:33 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
TBF. People were criticising the voice of the female commentator covering Palace games on the radio for a good time
That was the shouty lady, she was good but tended to shout what she was saying.

There was a bloke commentator who had a lisp,weferee,wonning up the wing and such ...I know, not funny
Old 17-02-2021, 01:44 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Never watch the pre, half time or post match commentary or interviews. Generally they are all terrible.
Old 17-02-2021, 01:45 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I thought the last women's world cup was fantastic, watched a lot of it.

But Club football does not do it for me but they seem to get a lot of support so good luck to them.
Old 17-02-2021, 02:04 AM

I don't know why people feel they have a need to educate people on how to think. Especially lecturing to people who more than likely have double th life experience

Or even assume that their perfect world view is shared byso many others.

I doubt women need these voices to fight their corner.

If women are good enough they will succeed. The longest serving leader of a big western democracy is a woman. I don't get the criticism of no female director being nominated for an oscar recently. If they make good enough films they will be - like Hurt Locker stomping over Avatar. If you want to do something in that regard, scrap the differential between actors and actresses and have just the one award for performer.

I am happy with how I feel about the world, and I guess like my father's generation, my thoughts will be confined to history. Not that there will be much histor in the future if the world turns sterile because idiots fall over themselves trying to point out their perfections and other people's faults. I doubt many women will be queueing up to mate with Mr Nicey.

Old 17-02-2021, 02:06 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
God forbid anyone should ever ‘waste time’ about anything on a football chat site.
Old 17-02-2021, 02:09 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
God forbid anyone should ever ‘waste time’ about anything on a football chat site.
Take it fecking serious !!!

I order you !

Old 17-02-2021, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I don't know why people feel they have a need to educate people on how to think. Especially lecturing to people who more than likely have double th life experience

Or even assume that their perfect world view is shared byso many others.

I doubt women need these voices to fight their corner.

If women are good enough they will succeed. The longest serving leader of a big western democracy is a woman. I don't get the criticism of no female director being nominated for an oscar recently. If they make good enough films they will be - like Hurt Locker stomping over Avatar. If you want to do something in that regard, scrap the differential between actors and actresses and have just the one award for performer.

I am happy with how I feel about the world, and I guess like my father's generation, my thoughts will be confined to history. Not that there will be much histor in the future if the world turns sterile because idiots fall over themselves trying to point out their perfections and other people's faults. I doubt many women will be queueing up to mate with Mr Nicey.
Given you've definitely aimed this at me, what does any of this have to do with challenging sexist behaviour? Can't see much relevance to any point you've made compared to the things people in this thread have taken umbrage with.

It's a bit odd. Nice rant though.
Old 17-02-2021, 02:16 AM

Not sure what relevance someone's age/life experience has on somebody's maturity levels or quality of argument either fwiw.