Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-02-2021, 09:56 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
The one thing I'll say about the women pundits is that they seem to prepare properly and know their facts & stats.

Too many of the old pros don't. They just try to 'wing it' and just because they've had long careers, that's good enough to pass judgement on a particular game! It isn't!

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard them churn out the usual old rubbish about Palace being hard to beat, well organised defensively, Wilf going down with no contact!! Etc... Just because it's been repeated so often in the past. They just don't check the facts.

So good luck to the women.
Old 17-02-2021, 10:02 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row View Post
I'm always here, just rarely post, unless I have real important information to divulge and yes, you know perfectly well we just got out of another lockdown.

As for Steph Brantz, I have never heard of her.
Yeah must be a bugger Skid more lock downs than Pentridge . Do feel for all down south it must be a pain in the arras.

Stephaine Brantz used to do Fox and now does ABC ,check her on Google.

Backed any winners lately ?
Old 17-02-2021, 10:04 AM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nothing against anyone being a football pundit so long as theyíve got something interesting and constructive to say and that I feel Iím getting value for my licence fee/Sky bill, and many female pundits do just that. What I donít appreciate is when female pundits are put on there for the sake of it and donít add anything to my entertainment. Then I feel like Iím having equality measures stuck down by throat.
Old 17-02-2021, 10:25 AM

portopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeingportopalace has an enormous sense of wellbeing
Portuguese commentary is generally painful, often nauseating and frequently prone to ludicrous bias, but the first woman co-commentator has recently been introduced and is noticeably well-informed and less prone to hyperbole. I don't know who she is and doubt if she's an ex-player as Portuguese womens football is only now catching up with the rest of Europe but it works. You might be surprised to find out that, if there is an choice, most of our Portuguese friends prefer a British commentary to a Portuguese one, even for a game involving Portugal. Banal though I agree it can be at times, it could be worse (and at least there is a sense of humour and a notion that one might actually watch a game for pleasure, which is a rare thing here). All we want, surely, is people getting these jobs for a good reason - i.e. they can do them pretty well, even if they need a bit of time to learn the job.
Old 17-02-2021, 10:39 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
The one thing I'll say about the women pundits is that they seem to prepare properly and know their facts & stats.

Too many of the old pros don't. They just try to 'wing it' and just because they've had long careers, that's good enough to pass judgement on a particular game! It isn't!

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard them churn out the usual old rubbish about Palace being hard to beat, well organised defensively, Wilf going down with no contact!! Etc... Just because it's been repeated so often in the past. They just don't check the facts.

So good luck to the women.
That's because they have to, they can't get away with being half arsed like their male counterparts, because some misogynistic dinosaur will be all over social media berating them for it.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-02-2021, 11:26 AM

Alfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Karen Carney on BT sport the other week described a West Ham goal as a tap in at the far post, Chris Sutton told her it was hardly a tap in he’s hit it from the 18 yard box
Old 17-02-2021, 11:52 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfies army View Post
Karen Carney on BT sport the other week described a West Ham goal as a tap in at the far post, Chris Sutton told her it was hardly a tap in heís hit it from the 18 yard box

And the moral of this story: Chris Sutton is a ****.
Old 17-02-2021, 12:11 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfies army View Post
Karen Carney on BT sport the other week described a West Ham goal as a tap in at the far post, Chris Sutton told her it was hardly a tap in heís hit it from the 18 yard box
She should have responded 'Well, it'd be a tap in for me. Less so for you, maybe!'
Old 17-02-2021, 12:19 PM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by portopalace View Post
Portuguese commentary is generally painful, often nauseating and frequently prone to ludicrous bias, but the first woman co-commentator has recently been introduced and is noticeably well-informed and less prone to hyperbole. I don't know who she is and doubt if she's an ex-player as Portuguese womens football is only now catching up with the rest of Europe but it works. You might be surprised to find out that, if there is an choice, most of our Portuguese friends prefer a British commentary to a Portuguese one, even for a game involving Portugal. Banal though I agree it can be at times, it could be worse (and at least there is a sense of humour and a notion that one might actually watch a game for pleasure, which is a rare thing here). All we want, surely, is people getting these jobs for a good reason - i.e. they can do them pretty well, even if they need a bit of time to learn the job.
after listening to Portuguese commentary myself, there is one particular guy who has the most irritating voice imaginable, just shouts out the players name when they get the ball, it was awful and had to turn the volume off.
Old 17-02-2021, 12:36 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jonathan pearce really is hard to listen to now but years ago their was a time he used to try to pronounce foreign players in what he thought was an accent that related to their country they came from. Im sure it wasnt meant to be intentionally hilarious but it obviously ended up being so im certain it was on channel4
Old 17-02-2021, 12:38 PM

Johnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How many young women without any background in football does the BBC now contract with to do the interviews on football focus? What does their experience add to the questions asked? Don't mind someone with the right credentials for a job getting it but currently they are the equivalent of models draped across cars.
Old 17-02-2021, 12:48 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
With the greatest of respect, I doubt if many men will be willing to take behavioural advice from someone who had to move to all the way to a Chilean barrio in order to find a woman who would have sex with him.
Jesus
Old 17-02-2021, 01:00 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
With the greatest of respect, I doubt if many men will be willing to take behavioural advice from someone who had to move to all the way to a Chilean barrio in order to find a woman who would have sex with him.
How is that personal comment 'with the greatest respect'.

There in a nutshell is why the BBS can be such an unpleasant place. There is a debate to be had about the merits of womens football and about their role in the mens game, but it is easier and funnier to be nasty about posters.

Having been with my 'slut' of a wife for 20 years, I suspect I could hand out some decent advice of how to treat women, considering her former husband was an alcoholic, cheating, machoistic twat.

But if you want people to feel bad about themselves to make yourself feel superior, you carry on.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.

Last edited by PeterH; 17-02-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old 17-02-2021, 01:03 PM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
How many young women without any background in football does the BBC now contract with to do the interviews on football focus? What does their experience add to the questions asked? Don't mind someone with the right credentials for a job getting it but currently they are the equivalent of models draped across cars.
... you mean like John Motson ?
Old 17-02-2021, 01:06 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
What an absolute load of bollocks. Becuase the BBC covers something that you are not interested in, but 1000s of other people are you think they are pandering to the right on brigade? If you aren't interested in women's football don't follow it. But to deny that opportunity to other people because it doesn't fit your world view just makes you sound like a sad old man. Get a life.
Why don't they run a South American Player of the Year poll or an Asian one? Although I suppose Messi and Son have those tied up.

Old 17-02-2021, 01:14 PM

Getting away from the unnecessary personal abuse that some BBSers seemed to find funny, what is the make up of the crowds inside Selhurst % wise.

On a poll, how many Palace fans would seriously take time out of their lives to watch womens football outside of say England vs USA in the WC when there is nothing else on.

How many women feature regularly on the FYP podcast, AFTV, West Ham etc. etc.? And what is the quality of their contribution?

I would say that BBS responses to those the semi famous females that have featured our club - friends of SP etc.. haven't been devoid of sexism.

Though the reporter making a joke about Charlton being clowns was legendary.

Old 17-02-2021, 01:21 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
How is that personal comment 'with the greatest respect'.

There in a nutshell is why the BBS can be such an unpleasant place. There is a debate to be had about the merits of womens football and about their role in the mens game, but it is easier and funnier to be nasty about posters.

Having been with my 'slut' of a wife for 20 years, I suspect I could hand out some decent advice of how to treat women, considering her former husband was an alcoholic, cheating, machoistic twat.

But if you want people to feel bad about themselves to make yourself feel superior, you carry on.
Lighten up Peter, it was funny and I am sure only meant in a humorous way.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 17-02-2021, 01:23 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Karen Carney's quite good, she's better than a lot of the male pundits.
Old 17-02-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Lighten up Peter, it was funny and I am sure only meant in a humorous way.
It wasn't feckin funny when I couldn't get a shag for nigh on 15 feckin years.

Then I met the missus and suddenly I had 5 women all wanting to be with me.
Crazy, mid life crisis time.

Old 17-02-2021, 01:29 PM

Location: Hiding behind Maidstoned who's hiding behind Biggus
garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
😁