Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-09-2021, 12:44 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Roger Hunt

R.I.P

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 29-09-2021, 02:43 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Another of the '66 boys gone. Contributed in a big way to Englands win . RIP Roger. Thanks for the Cup glad I was around to see it.
Old 29-09-2021, 03:00 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
The fact that there are only 2 posts on this thread says a lot.

The guy seemed quiet and unassuming, and didn't play for West Ham, so obviously had no part in Winning the World Cup in '66. Was it Hunt or Hurst that stepped in for Jimmy Grieves in the team?

For no logical reason, he was a bit of a hero to me...

Sad news. RIP Roger.
Old 29-09-2021, 12:24 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
And despite all the modern day hype is still Liverpools leading goal scorer.
Old 29-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
The fact that there are only 2 posts on this thread says a lot.

The guy seemed quiet and unassuming, and didn't play for West Ham, so obviously had no part in Winning the World Cup in '66. Was it Hunt or Hurst that stepped in for Jimmy Grieves in the team?

For no logical reason, he was a bit of a hero to me...

Sad news. RIP Roger.
If my memory serves, he played every game in 1966. Hurst replaced the injured Greaves and kept his place.

For England at least, Hunt always to be overshadowed, even though he scored 3 times in the World Cup and managed 18 goals in 34 games for England according to Wiki. Prodigious goalscorer for Liverpool.

RIP Roger. Another one from my football youth gone.
Old 29-09-2021, 03:18 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
I'm no Klopp fan but I have to say his tribute to Roger Hunt yesterday was classy.
Old 29-09-2021, 05:03 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
If my memory serves, he played every game in 1966. Hurst replaced the injured Greaves and kept his place.

For England at least, Hunt always to be overshadowed, even though he scored 3 times in the World Cup and managed 18 goals in 34 games for England according to Wiki. Prodigious goalscorer for Liverpool.

RIP Roger. Another one from my football youth gone.
Your memory is fine scored 3 times in the group games 2 in one game and one in the other. Which cemented his place in the side for the Final. Last week we lost Jimmy Greaves and there was talk Hunt not Hurst was potentially the one to be replaced in the semi final line up.. He was at no time as consistent as Greaves but was a crucial player up front.
For Liverpool he was the outstanding gial scorer in the early Shankly era. Forming the partnership with Ian StJohn another we lost recently. Scoring in the 1965 Cup Final.
The 1966 side is now sadly left by less the half the number but is carved in the minds of all who saw them that summer of 66. I can still see them all.To his family that must be some consolation the quiet guy remembered though by so many. RIP.

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 29-09-2021 at 05:06 PM.