Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-02-2020, 09:33 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Bridge house. Brings back memories. Used to live in Mosslea road. Would go to the laundromat, bung me washing in then go over to the Bridge house for an hour while it cooked.
Been done up very smartly in recent years.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:45 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post
New club/gig venue/studio opening tonight in Croydon where the strip club used to be down Crown Hill, called Phase.

They've got Todd Edwards and Barely Legal (yes that really is her DJ name) playing the opening party. With a mixture of House, Garage, Techno, Grime and UK Funky DJs playing over the next few Friday's and Saturday.

They've also got some live music, cabaret and I believe comedy nights mid-week. Will be interesting to see how they get on.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Yes I see that they've opened up a club there which are putting some big name DJs, looks like there are some decent DnB nights coming up which had been missing since black sheep closed.
Makes me sad I moved away

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:08 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb1 View Post
Yes I see that they've opened up a club there which are putting some big name DJs, looks like there are some decent DnB nights coming up which had been missing since black sheep closed.
Makes me sad I moved away
Roni Size in a few weeks. Cant wait!
Old 03-02-2020, 05:33 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was a sellout for Skream on Friday night apparently
Old 04-02-2020, 08:15 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb1 View Post
Make me sad I moved away
Sounds impressive going by the website
Old 05-02-2020, 03:03 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wallington public hall has been demolished, remember watching live bands back in the late 60s,70s but cant remember who !!
Old 05-02-2020, 03:44 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
Wallington public hall has been demolished, remember watching live bands back in the late 60s,70s but cant remember who !!
Loads of bands played there. I think the people that ran the Fox at the Greyhound in Croydon put them on there too. My biggest musical memory is planning a stage invasion for Quo. I jumped up and my mates bottled it. However, the band were great and let me join them in some "heads down" boogie moves.

I also remember the Wallington High School girls that help me a lot in my quest for carnal knowlege.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:22 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
It's run by Tom who used to have the (Rail) View in South Croydon, isn't it? A while back Tom and his staff (including women) took a right pasting off some gypsies who attacked them en-mass after being barred I think.
I used to love The View but shame they seemed to start sprucing it up, and then never finished it.

I remember they were planning on closing, and had a closing party, that did so well it managed to keep the pub open for another 3 months.

The final weekend was carnage. Think i was there till about 3am on The Friday night. W
Old 20-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
They all fookin are!

Seriously though, a danger that with the best will in the world, some may close there doors forever
Old 03-06-2020, 09:54 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks like The Beehive in Woodside will be gone forever. Plans to turn it into a Co - Op despite their being one all of 5 minutes walk away. I was under the impression the development in the garden of it included the promise that it would be retained as a pub? Now looks like there will be more house built and the pub will become a Co - Op.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:23 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Often look at the lost pub project, really depressing looking at the Croydon page.

London road from Arkwrights wheel, Spoons, Cartoon, half moon, Thornton heath pond ones.. Has really suffered

Also Mitcham road area too and Whitehorse road where I grew up

Is the half moon still derelict, used to play a bit of pool have a drink before cinatras
Old 06-06-2020, 12:00 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Looks like The Beehive in Woodside will be gone forever. Plans to turn it into a Co - Op despite their being one all of 5 minutes walk away. I was under the impression the development in the garden of it included the promise that it would be retained as a pub? Now looks like there will be more house built and the pub will become a Co - Op.
Used to play darts in there.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:18 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Half moon went a few years back, a block of flats with unlettable retail units.
Ryan the Eagle, where did you hear about Beehive?
Old 06-06-2020, 01:22 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Old 06-06-2020, 03:13 PM

That's dated 17th October 19,nothing about change of use to the Beehive.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:27 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I live in a house that backs onto the old mini garages behind the Beehive, we got a letter through the post from a developer looking to build on said garages with a proposal that includes the Beehive becoming a Co - Op. I suspect in order to build that many houses they would need rebuild the pub as I donít think they would have a big enough access road with it there.

Will probably be a similar way of doing things as they did with the The Rising Sun on Upper Elmers End Road, which also became a Co - Op. Donít think planning permission has gone in yet, but given the amount of building going on in Croydon as well as how governments like to invest in the sector during recessions I canít see it being turned down.

Will post the letter if the mrs hasnít chucked it already.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Just seen your link sorry. This is not that development, as far as I am aware that one which is now nearly built was agreed on the basis that it would remain a pub. Thereís now another one in between my road and the new flats that are in your link that would plan to turn the pub into a Co - Op.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:51 PM

Croydon council don't give a toss regarding local community assets, they would rather build as many dwellings as possible. A certain Mr Paul Scott is on the planning committee and he would build on a postage stamp given half a chance. Have a look at Brick on Brick,the Council's very own construction company .
Old 06-06-2020, 05:40 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Used to have some cracking Friday nights in there and the Joiners(think that was the pub across the road)after work with Foster Biggs up Portland Road
Old 06-06-2020, 08:44 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Used to have some cracking Friday nights in there and the Joiners(think that was the pub across the road)after work with Foster Biggs up Portland Road
I usedboth, but mainly the Joiners, where I used to run the Karaoke 4 times a week.