Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-03-2020, 12:42 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
More on the subject of rotating furlough from a legal source.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Unhelpfully, it reads “ The guidance is unclear as to whether these arrangements would be permitted“.

Clarity required.
James?

In any event the article now seems to have vanished. Really need to know the situation although probably not as much as many others.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 25-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
James?

In any event the article now seems to have vanished. Really need to know the situation although probably not as much as many others.

How odd ; it was there this morning. Now why would a firm of lawyers remove an article from its website....

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-03-2020, 12:49 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
How odd ; it was there this morning. Now why would a firm of lawyers remove an article from its website....
Worried that the advice was too vague or possible not completely accurate. Or maybe just scared by the sheer number of hits it was taking if there is nothing else out there.

Old 25-03-2020, 01:07 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
James?
Long retired. And, quite frankly, very obviously slowing up now.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
FWIW we’re not expecting that much flexibility around on / off furloughing. Yes it is possible but we’re not even convinced that weekly will be allowed, let alone daily. Plus there is the complexity around consultation for large employers.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-03-2020, 09:58 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just had a Zoom call with 2 friends, who both own their own businesses in London. They said to qualify for the 80% funding, you have to me making the staff redundant and after that they can’t assist the business in any way. I had just assumed assistance would be given to companies to keep them trading.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Semper Idem

This assistance is to stop people losing jobs just because a business has zero revenue.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-03-2020, 10:44 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This assistance is to stop people losing jobs just because a business has zero revenue.
Does that also apply if the business has some revenue but not enough to cover all staff? This business has been going 20 years and has offices in Central London. They are distraught at having to make staff redundant but said the Government initiative wouldnít work for them.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
What about if itís lost 70% of its revenue and that lasts for three months? Shouldnít there be flexibility? Keep people in jobs? Itís pretty damn flexible here - but if you use it, you canít lay anyone off for six months afterwards.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:00 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Announced in the spring budget but lost among the subsequent announcements is an extra £150 towards your council tax bill, if you are in receipt of council tax support (formerly council tax benefit). This is a relief fund specifically for working age claimants. The £150 is available to any claimant where their 2020/21 Council tax balance is £150 or more. If the balance is less, the relief will equal that value until you reach maximum support.

If you find yourself in a bad situation, please call the Universal Credit hotline first. If you claim remember to tell them you want to claim help with your council tax. Council tax support is available to homeowners as well.

The £150 relief is only available if you are claiming council tax support. Councils may have some leeway to grant targeted discretionary help with paying council tax; you should claim first and then apply for discretionary help if your claim is unsuccessful.

Happy to explain further if anyone needs help.

Last edited by Brett; 26-03-2020 at 12:10 AM.
Old 26-03-2020, 04:25 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post

Oh and my financial controller spoke to Tower Hamlets re: business rates - we have to carry on paying them, but were allowed to claim relief on the car parking spaces we are no longer using.
What happens if you prolong payment...what wil they do?

And back to the OP. Burger King make a statement to say they won't pay their rent. Does this only apply to massive companies that can get away with it? Will they have to pay all due rent at some future point.

I am not siding with big property holdings here, but why is it okay for their business to lose or have delayed income. They employ people, too. And those people need wages and job security.

I both pay rent (apartment), and pay a mortgage (small cafe) and receive rent (small cafe). I own the house at the beach. Can we just forego all those payments all round? I'd be slightly better off short term liquidity wise.

Or can only the likes of Burger King do this because they are corporate bullies?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 26-03-2020, 06:57 AM
Semper Idem

Burger King haven’t quite said that.

They are deferring, not refusing to pay.

Big difference.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-03-2020, 07:24 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Burger King havenít quite said that.

They are deferring, not refusing to pay.

Big difference.
Can I defer my rent payments?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Can I defer my rent payments?
No, you can get a grant though if you had a small U.K. business, the grant is based on our rateable value and is supposed to help with rent.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEagle View Post
Does that also apply if the business has some revenue but not enough to cover all staff? This business has been going 20 years and has offices in Central London. They are distraught at having to make staff redundant but said the Government initiative wouldnít work for them.
Yes, because itís about people, not performance.

Very open to abuse perhaps, so weíll see how itís policed

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-03-2020, 07:55 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
What about if itís lost 70% of its revenue and that lasts for three months? Shouldnít there be flexibility? Keep people in jobs? Itís pretty damn flexible here - but if you use it, you canít lay anyone off for six months afterwards.
Sort of the same here. No layoffs of anyone in the company if you take it up.

I canít help thinking all these packages are open to abuse tbh. Especially with all the panic.
Old 26-03-2020, 08:02 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I haven't seen another regarding the self-employed on here. There must be a whole load of us.

I find myself in a strange position, I'm a key/essential worker but haven't worked since last Friday. I have plenty lined up, but none of these jobs really fit into the key or essential category imo. For example, one is a barn conversion with running hot water and toilet facilities, another similar, just but not a barn, there are a couple of boiler replacements but both current boilers work, just about. These are the highest priority jobs I have and the first jobs are empty with customers waiting to move in, I just can't get there and may struggle with materials. Right now I'm staying safe, but those empty properties should be safe to work in if I can get hold of the materials.

I originally took the stance that I wouldn't try to claim any help as I believed that I could pull in around 35% of a regular week's wage, now, with a better understanding of the potential duration of this crisis I think I'm going to be in need of assisitance.

There seems to be some struggle to work out how to find a fair number for us, but it seems to me that there is a simple way if these businesses have submitted books for the last three years... add the three most annual net sum and divide it by 156. Quite what percentage they decide to use is up to them, but right now I'd be grateful for anything. 80% would be amazing and I'd cope with 50% tbh.

Also, would I negate any claim if I did an emergency job in the meantime? I guess that could be sorted with the accountant next time the books get sorted.

Hope all that makes sense, just wondering what others in my position are feeling.
Old 26-03-2020, 08:45 AM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Long retired. And, quite frankly, very obviously slowing up now.
I accept the first point but I wonder if he'd passed the article on in view of the firm that issued it

Old 26-03-2020, 08:54 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
In relation to my earlier post, I've just seen they're talking about doing something similar to what I mentioned.

In regard to worrying about paying people who are still working, this should be settled in next year's return (too close to this one). Anyone found claiming when working in this situation should be punished with time behind bars, and anyway, most of those would probably be subbies working for larger companies paying directly.

A maximum of £1700pcm has just been floated about, I realise that some need more, but personally, that seems very reasonable to me under the circumstances.
Old 26-03-2020, 10:58 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I haven't seen another regarding the self-employed on here. There must be a whole load of us.

I find myself in a strange position, I'm a key/essential worker but haven't worked since last Friday. I have plenty lined up, but none of these jobs really fit into the key or essential category imo. For example, one is a barn conversion with running hot water and toilet facilities, another similar, just but not a barn, there are a couple of boiler replacements but both current boilers work, just about. These are the highest priority jobs I have and the first jobs are empty with customers waiting to move in, I just can't get there and may struggle with materials. Right now I'm staying safe, but those empty properties should be safe to work in if I can get hold of the materials.

I originally took the stance that I wouldn't try to claim any help as I believed that I could pull in around 35% of a regular week's wage, now, with a better understanding of the potential duration of this crisis I think I'm going to be in need of assisitance.

There seems to be some struggle to work out how to find a fair number for us, but it seems to me that there is a simple way if these businesses have submitted books for the last three years... add the three most annual net sum and divide it by 156. Quite what percentage they decide to use is up to them, but right now I'd be grateful for anything. 80% would be amazing and I'd cope with 50% tbh.

Also, would I negate any claim if I did an emergency job in the meantime? I guess that could be sorted with the accountant next time the books get sorted.

Hope all that makes sense, just wondering what others in my position are feeling.
The wording the government used in their guidance is not to go to work unless it was 'absolutely necessary' and you couldn't do it from home. Unhelpfully there was no guidance on what they meant by 'absolutely necessary'.

Earning a living is absolutely necessary for a lot of people.