Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flange View Post
Pretty sure that if we even aimed for even a modest capacity increase in the lower Holmesdale, one of the first things we would have to look at would be using the space underneath as an extra concourse to cope with bigger crowds.

If not, I suspect the Hol, like most exciting stands elsewhere in the country, would be restricted to a 1:1 conversion.

New builds are realistically the only way most clubs will be able to take advantage of any legislative changes which could (hopefully) allow up to 1:1.8. (1.8 person standing to one seat.)
I've always said that is how the Arthur Waite Stand should be. Don't raise the height line too much, put a stronger roof on it that is acoustically more pleasing and have more of your facilities under ground with the entrance/exit to the seating area at the bottom of the pitch like (for example) Rotherham's ground To view the link you have to Register or Login

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 21-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
...New builds are realistically the only way most clubs will be able to take advantage of any legislative changes which could (hopefully) allow up to 1:1.8. (1.8 person standing to one seat.)
These sort of figures are just a pipe-dream. The HSE simply won't go there. I would hazard a guess at 1:1.25 being the best we might hope for.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 21-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Scouse scum.
Old 21-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
These sort of figures are just a pipe-dream. The HSE simply won't go there. I would hazard a guess at 1:1.25 being the best we might hope for.
I don’t think it is a pipe dream, although admittedly higher densisties are unlikely to be permitted straight away. The high end ratios such as 1:1.8 would be in line roughly with some of the surviving terraces in the lower leagues.

I think it’s very likely the Govt will give the green light very soon but will then advocate responsibility to local safety advisory groups. It wiill then be for individual clubs to argue for higher capacities with their SAGs on a case by case basis.
Old 21-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
This development isn't going anywhere, anytime soon by the sound of it. They need to get on with making improvements to the conditions in the Arthur now rather than wait for years until the Old Stand is developed.
Old 21-01-2019, 09:46 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
I still think 2024 is a realistic and appropriate target date to open the stand.

No need to panic.
Old 21-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don’t think it is a pipe dream, although admittedly higher densisties are unlikely to be permitted straight away. The high end ratios such as 1:1.8 would be in line roughly with some of the surviving terraces in the lower leagues.

I think it’s very likely the Govt will give the green light very soon but will then advocate responsibility to local safety advisory groups. It wiill then be for individual clubs to argue for higher capacities with their SAGs on a case by case basis.
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. As anti has so eloquently pointed out, like it or not, the 'Hillsborough factor' will be the deciding factor.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 22-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
This was tweeted yesterday:

Conservative MEPs

Verified account

@ConMEPs
Follow
Follow @ConMEPs

More
Working to see off a threat to British #motorsport, improving consumer protection online, pressing the case for safe standing areas at football grounds & closing a loophole in the EU's crime fighting database. @ConMEPs' week at the @Europarl_EN See>To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
I've always said that is how the Arthur Waite Stand should be. Don't raise the height line too much, put a stronger roof on it that is acoustically more pleasing and have more of your facilities under ground with the entrance/exit to the seating area at the bottom of the pitch like (for example) Rotherham's ground To view the link you have to Register or Login
This isn't possible as the stand is built directly onto a slope. It has no foundations per se.
Old 22-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom the Eagle View Post
This isn't possible as the stand is built directly onto a slope. It has no foundations per se.
Knowing nothing about the building of such things, is it possible to reinforce the area so that foundations etc. can be added?

I am thinking a giant toblerone shape of concrete with foundations built on top?

Old 22-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
As I barely know one end of paint brush from the other, DIY isn't my strongest suit. So what do you mean by hardly any foundations!
Old 22-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
As I barely know one end of paint brush from the other, DIY isn't my strongest suit. So what do you mean by hardly any foundations!
The stand was built by concreting directly on top of the slope that ran down that side of the pitch. Therefore to create a concourse underneath, the slope would have to be fully excavated with the stand still in place.

It would be cheaper to simply knock the whole thing down.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
The stand was built by concreting directly on top of the slope that ran down that side of the pitch. Therefore to create a concourse underneath, the slope would have to be fully excavated with the stand still in place.

Blimey. I'm sure the neighbours wouldn't mind a little bit of work.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Just tunnel round from the Holmesdale basement lake
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Blimey. I'm sure the neighbours wouldn't mind a little bit of work.
Maybe this is why the homeless lot were brought in, bit of cheap labouring?
Old 22-01-2019, 01:59 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Knowing nothing about the building of such things, is it possible to reinforce the area so that foundations etc. can be added?
I am thinking a giant toblerone shape of concrete with foundations built on top?
anything is possible. Depends on costs really.

underpinning can be done is some situations. Don't know enough about geotechnics and foundation design
Old 22-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Well, that is exactly what I think should happen to be fair.

Old 22-01-2019, 02:05 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So, is the new stand not happening / delayed now? After the press release this all looks a bit Simon Jordan like!
Old 22-01-2019, 04:25 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I still think 2024 is a realistic and appropriate target date to open the stand.

No need to panic.
You have got it in one.
Old 22-01-2019, 05:35 PM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When is the next announcement on an announcement?